Dublin, Ireland Comic Con 2013

Ah hey Marcus! I should have realized with the Spidey avatar! My brain is on a go slow today! Looking forward to having you over, should be a great weekend!

Bumping this again with some important Information ...........

I urge People to try and sign up for this if you can, even if you can bring just one Item for the RPF prop Table.

This event is going to be one of the good ones and it makes me proud to say the RPF will be officially in attendence at what is Irelands First Comic Con.
Ireland is a fantastic place and all the guys i have met in Ireland regarding eventing have been very welcoming.

If you go to no other event this year be sure to add this one to your diary.

Also on a Positive note i have just booked my stay at the hotel which is like a 5 minute walk to the venue i Paid 39EURO per night now thats a bargain

Dublin Airport Hotels - Book Cheap Hotels Near Dublin Airport - Premier Inn

Hi everyone,

There is still a lot we have to announce in terms of activities, schedules and displays. We are still working on getting extra guests but we have officially launched our ticket sales!
Dublin Comic Con 2013
FBticket_zps7b142886.jpg
[/URL]

Last edited:
We have announced our first actor....and it is none other than Ian Whyte of AVR, Game of Thrones, Prometheus.

He is an absolute gent and a great guest! We are also open to hearing ideas for any other UK based guests who the RPF members may be interested in.

Also don't forget if you are interesting in joining the RPF table to mention it here and we will put aside tickets and help out answering any questions.

After all this Con would never have been happening had I never found the RPF all those years ago so I want to give a little back!

The First Comic Con in Ireland is shaping up to be a monster of Con Guys.

The Organisors of this really cool event came to us first to get involved and put together an RPF stand so far we have one member going who is willing to display some items .................... ME

Come on guys this event is going to be Epic

check out the face book page for all the latest info

http://www.facebook.com/#!/dublin.comiccon?fref=ts

The First Comic Con in Ireland is shaping up to be a monster of Con Guys.

The Organisors of this really cool event came to us first to get involved and put together an RPF stand so far we have one member going who is willing to display some items .................... ME

Come on guys this event is going to be Epic

check out the face book page for all the latest info

http://www.facebook.com/#!/dublin.comiccon?fref=ts
I'll be there next year with a car full with props can't make this year
Come on guys fill the table and show pictures of it ;)

Cant wait to see you there next year man!

So far we have Simon, Jacquie and Mike with KITT. If anyone else is interested in coming along to display a few pieces and have some fun just let us know!

Dublin Comic con is this weekend Guys, will post plenty of pictures from this event, hopefully we can get a few more RPFers to visit the Emerald Isle for a really good RPF display booth

Well done to the organisers of the DCC, this was a blast!
Damn shame Al Matthews couldn't make it because of his accident.

Really hope this grows and grows going forward and that this will be an annual event.

Thanks again, I never knew that prop collecting was so big in Ireland.

I always felt I was the only one at it :-D

Yeah i second that. Well done to everyone involved in organising DCC. It was deadly. I had a great time at it and met up with some old friends and made a few new ones. There was a great atmosphere and i think everyone really enjoyed themselves.Cant wait for next time. Roll on DCC2

Id just like to say how cool this event was, I made the trip to Ireland from the UK to take part in Irelands first Comic Con, the guys that put this event together really knocked the ball out of the park, both Karl and Bryan covered every element to make a great Con.

The Atmosphere was amazing everyone had a smile on their face, I have to say I was treated with the utmost respect and given VIP treatment as a snapped away taking pictures for the RPF.
The Event was packed both Saturday and Sunday queues as far as the eye could see, unfortunately due to high demand for tickets (which I believe sold out in advance of the event going live) people who were turning up in the hope of getting in were being turned away.

Props looked Fantastic, the Alien Encounter live action walk through was great fun, The 501st Ireland Outpost entertained the public, Panels were full as well as many stalls selling high and low end merchandise

Well done Ireland you've arrived on the Con Scene, il see you next year
I cannot wait to see what the guys do next year as they plan to make it bigger and better................. one things for sure "they are gonna need a bigger .... Venue"

A big thank you to everyone who came from the RPF especially Simon, Jacquie and Mike who all had a long distance to travel.

I did not get many pictures as I was running around stressed due to the venue management throwing some issues our way but here are some shots I have found on FB of the Alien set, one of me and Simon and Jacquie aswell as just an overhead shot near the end of the day.

This thread is more than 10 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back