Warhammer 40k Vindicare Assassin

HighlanderFX

RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
After completing my NCR Veteran Ranger (http://www.therpf.com/f24/ncr-vet-ranger-pic-heavy-153362/) I decided it was time to pay homage to the incredibly dark universe of warhammer 40,000.

My favorite unit after playing the table top game for over 10 years has to be, without a doubt, the Vindicare Assassin (regardless of the fact that every time I use one of his special shots they feel like duds).

For those of you who are unfamiliar with this character, here are a few concepts from the Officio Assassinorum Codex.

And the actual miniature

I've made blueprints for the weapons in Illustrator.

I started with the pistol as it is a little less complex than the rifle. This is the first time I'm attempting to make my own scratch built weapons so this could be interesting..

Just a small update..managed to do the detail grill on the underside towards the front

And my triggers arrived!

I made the end of the muzzle out of pvc pipe cut to length and then filled with milliput.

and glued on the top rail

and with that attached i was able to glue on the micro targeter to the front

If I remember correctly in the 3rd edition of Codex: Assassins, you could take them into any army (SM or IG or what have you) but now I believe they are part of the Grey Knights, or you need an Inquisitor on the table at the very least. I could be totally wrong about all this though, so don't take my word for it lol.

Small update: Added some rivets and a selector switch..

Working more on the grip and and greeblies tomorrow

looking good! I've never played the tabletop, only the PC game, and the grey knights were always my favorite unit.

Update: added vents to the sides (legos) and started working on the knife/machete that is attached to the leg.

I'll be working on the skulls this weekend :D

Update: primed it to see where the small imperfections are so i can fix it with sanding or milliput. that is why it is now suddenly grey
tongue.gif

added the skull and clamped on the ammo counter/grill while the glue sets

almost time for painting!

Still deciding how I want to paint this but here it is primed

I don't want to go with just all black, so maybe somethign like this would look good..

Been busy with school..but managed to get a bit of painting done

Questioning how painting the top "rail" and barrel silver would look..or if its too much as this should be a pretty stealthy weapon.

Looking good so far. :thumbsup

I think the top rail and muzzle in silve would look fine. It's not like it's the whole pistol...and would give it a nice contrast.

hey guys..quick poll here

im trying to decide the look of the spy mask..and between these three styles, what does everyone think? should i change anything? does one look better than the other?

thanks for you input as always!

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back