EFX Obi Wan Reveal (Help me EFX, your my only hope)

Tom1971

Sr Member
Please tell me the below will stay "As First Built" and you will ditch the black collar on the neck?????

At the very least make it brass so I can strip it and make it look right. :thumbsup :love :thumbsup

Otherwise looking very awesome. Just when I thought I was done with sabers. :cry :cry

AAAAAAA.jpg

I love efx and the Jedi Luke saber was ace but I just can't get into this one and you know how big of an Obi ANH fanatic I am.

I wish efx was doing cut-away displays instead of 'reveal' sabers.

Yep, that's where I found the pic at the top.

There seems to be no posting or discussion here at RPF about C6 props other than a little on the Biker Scout helmet????????

Most likely because those items were shown last month at SDCC. So they have already been discussed or continue to be discuseed on those threads.

If you do a search with "SDCC efx" and search "entire post" you will get a lot of topics (either new ones that were created based on items seen at SDCC, like the new reveal sabers or continued on from old discussion likethe TIE fighter).

I love efx and the Jedi Luke saber was ace but I just can't get into this one and you know how big of an Obi ANH fanatic I am.

Maybe for the same reason it does not appeal to me. It is more of a beauty collectible display piece than an attempt at a prop replica display piece. While I can understand the idea of Luke ROTJ saber being pretty as it represented an "as first built" look. But the problem I have with the new reveal ANH Obi an Luke is that in my mind those lightsabers never looked that good in that form. The way it plays out for me is that the sabers started off their life as the versions seen in ROTS. However, 20 years later (for some reason) Obi wan had to modify/upgrade those lightsabers and the result was the sabers we see in ANH.

This is just my personal opinion. Other than that, they look like nice pieces. I have always been happy with the items i get from efx. Personally for me, the reveal aspect is not something I feel the need to have and to me is not worth the added price. I will admit I do have the Luke ROTJ reveal. I only got it because redfordfilm.com had a 20% off sale and I picked it up for $100 off the price and free shipping. I also admit that the open activation box (as seen in the deleted scene) was cool for that reason and the ability for the crystal to glow was also very cool. But the reveal sections for the grip and the emitter did not appeal to me and I do not even open up those sections on my display. Remember, just my opinion.

Most likely because those items were shown last month at SDCC. So they have already been discussed or continue to be discuseed on those threads.

If you do a search with "SDCC efx" and search "entire post" you will get a lot of topics (either new ones that were created based on items seen at SDCC, like the new reveal sabers or continued on from old discussion likethe TIE fighter).

I suppose. The only new stuff I found was some updated stuff on the Scout trooper helmet.

I was also happy to finally see something on the RMQ Stormy helmet.

I dunno. EFX has done a killer job with helmets and models. But their hand props have been rather non-existent for a while. I wish the light saber license was up for grabs. It could be argued that MR did too many. But, with a lot of MRs releases, there are ways to re-imagine each saber and it seems like with the new films people will be itching for them again.

I dunno. EFX has done a killer job with helmets and models. But their hand props have been rather non-existent for a while. I wish the light saber license was up for grabs. It could be argued that MR did too many. But, with a lot of MRs releases, there are ways to re-imagine each saber and it seems like with the new films people will be itching for them again.

I just got a replacement for my beloved EFX Luke Reveal Saber which, as far as I am concerned, is one of the greatest creations of man, and after getting one when EFX first sold them I thought about how this was the start of many more amazing EFX products to come.

After the Luke Reveal, RMQ Vader, Legend, etc. I thought they were gonna do amazing things. Who knew it would just go down the tubes.

What's sad is EFX products rock! I mean dang they are awesome. I like Bryan very much. As I have mentioned he is one of the few people I enjoy talking on the phone with as I hate talking on the phone.

90% of the ill will toward EFX could be taken care of with communication. Look at Anovos. Taken hundreds of thousands of dollars, massive delays, and yet to deliver a single Star Wars product but we will give them a chance because of great communication.

I really have to say as much as I love their product I now look for alternatives to avoid buying EFX even in the secondary market.

My EFX list was very long,...now very, very short.

Aahh,..I'm preaching to the quire. You guys know all this.

Word.

Tom

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back