Lapd uniform

CC2116

Hi Ladies and Gents, I am working on an LAPD Uniform and I have hit a brick wall.

I am in need of a LAPD Cap Badge similar to this:

lapd_s10.jpg

Any help would be most welcomed as I am now struggling.

most LAPD officers arent required to wear a hat. they are usually for formal use, however the NYPD officers are very commonly known to wear the hats on duty. if youre really pushing for LA, have a look at this http://www.lapdband.org/documents/Uniform_Guide.pdf

anyhow its hard to find replica badges of any sort, since the agencies dont want the general public parading around in police uniforms (its against the law here) but as for you in the UK you are fine, but still finding 'replacement badges' will be difficult unless you find a replica on ebay that looks fake because its intended for costumes

that style is still made and readily available as a security guard version. If your crafty you can replace the name plates or simply add a reflective decal over the existing plate. Same with the center seal.

As Dizzy said above, LAPD doesnt wear hats anymore. I live in LA and cant tell you the last time any police dept wore a hat outside of formal appearances.

The center seal will get you in trouble. Ive seen prop people use "challenge coins" but printing your own is much easier.
rmoec2.jpg

most LAPD officers arent required to wear a hat. they are usually for formal use, however the NYPD officers are very commonly known to wear the hats on duty. if youre really pushing for LA, have a look at this http://www.lapdband.org/documents/Uniform_Guide.pdf

anyhow its hard to find replica badges of any sort, since the agencies dont want the general public parading around in police uniforms (its against the law here) but as for you in the UK you are fine, but still finding 'replacement badges' will be difficult unless you find a replica on ebay that looks fake because its intended for costumes

that style is still made and readily available as a security guard version. If your crafty you can replace the name plates or simply add a reflective decal over the existing plate. Same with the center seal.

As Dizzy said above, LAPD doesnt wear hats anymore. I live in LA and cant tell you the last time any police dept wore a hat outside of formal appearances.

The center seal will get you in trouble. Ive seen prop people use "challenge coins" but printing your own is much easier.
rmoec2.jpg

Thanks for the info guys.

If I went down the route of editing one, where could I get a basic Badge from to be able to edit it?

I found this but it is completely different and to me looks more like a toy

LAPD U.S. SWAT BADGE INSIGNIA -N1075 | eBay

:cry

there is a replica badge maker out of Germany you can find on a google search. Thats probly your best bet for the actual badge. The hat badge is another story.

there is a replica badge maker out of Germany you can find on a google search. Thats probly your best bet for the actual badge. The hat badge is another story.

Would you know where to google (if that makes sense?). I've spent more hours than I can count looking for this.

I need a hug :cry

Thanks for the link. I have emailed him and now just need to wait a reply. I'm not sure if they are still in business as I checked out their home page and it said they were changing things in 2009 and I'm not sure if it's been updated or not.

Hopefully I'll get the badges I need.

These are the ones I've chosen.

dscn9510.jpg

301510.jpg

I would like them to be linked in with SWAT, but not sure on how they would be?

rmoec2.jpg

Do you have a link for this? I need one for my t1000 and can probably get away with using this as I will be painting it....

I got my LAPD badge from a friend at LAPD who got it from a gun show. He said they sell badges there. When we compared his to the replica you couldnt tell the dif and he told me to be very careful with it. :cool

I got my LAPD badge from a friend at LAPD who got it from a gun show. He said they sell badges there. When we compared his to the replica you couldnt tell the dif and he told me to be very careful with it. :cool

Can you suggest where I could get one though? That's the main thing... Finding somewhere who has them and is able to be contacted to get one :cry

Hope it's okay to ask, but did you get the uniform and if yes, where?

I've been looking for a custom badge as well, and whenever I find any that say they make custom badges, it turns out they actually weren't when I forward the details of the badge I need.

If it doesn't matter what the number is, you could contact these guys: Home - but they don't do custom badges.

Hope it's okay to ask, but did you get the uniform and if yes, where?

I've been looking for a custom badge as well, and whenever I find any that say they make custom badges, it turns out they actually weren't when I forward the details of the badge I need.

If it doesn't matter what the number is, you could contact these guys: Home - but they don't do custom badges.

I have the SWAT gear which is pretty much like the Armed Police here in the UK and I use a lot of the Airsoft gear as no point in buying expensive Armoured gear lol.

The LAPD Uniform I am getting, is through a friend of mine called Chris who has a supplier in the States I think. So it would be the proper Shirt, Trousers etc. The only thing as far as I know is he couldn't get the badges, guns etc for obvious reasons.

I can ask him where he gets them from and see if I can get the details to pass onto you. The only other suggestion would be to look at maybe fancy dress (which I think may look a bit naff) or have them made by a seamstress.

Once I have any more info, I'll be posting it.

O I did find online through ebay the Peek Caps the LAPD Wear. So have a look on there on the UK and USA ebay sites :)

I hope that helps you my friend

Thanks. Yeah, I'm looking for a '91 style T-1000 LAPD shirt for my bust and all the ones I've currently found either have the wrong detailing on the chest pockets or lacks the silver buttons, so any help would be appreciated.

The guys on eBay you posted in your first post do custom badges, so they could be worth contacting. I think I'll have to ask them whether they sell custom LAPD name tags as well.

Good luck on whatever you are doing.

In terms of the standard uniform, LAPD SWAT uniforms/badges are no different from regular LAPD officers' gear. (That is, a badge won't say "SWAT" instead of "POLICE OFFICER," for example.) The patches worn on BDUs are different, however. You can get SWAT patches on eBay.

Hope that not only makes sense, but helps. :)

Germany guy:
https://badge-police.com/index.php?route=product/category&path=47

I'm looking for a '91 style T-1000 LAPD shirt for my bust and all the ones I've currently found either have the wrong detailing on the chest pockets or lacks the silver buttons, so any help would be appreciated.

The reason you wont find the shirt is they were from a rental house then purchased by the production. T2 was before the internet boom so costumers still sourced by experience which is rental houses and catalog. That was when many catalog places still liked to do the "for law enforcement only" disclaimer when in fact you could get the same items down the street at the local surplus shop. I think Quartermaster still does this.
That and changes may have been done to visually distinguish the character from the norm.

Thanks. Yeah, I'm looking for a '91 style T-1000 LAPD shirt for my bust and all the ones I've currently found either have the wrong detailing on the chest pockets or lacks the silver buttons, so any help would be appreciated.

The guys on eBay you posted in your first post do custom badges, so they could be worth contacting. I think I'll have to ask them whether they sell custom LAPD name tags as well.

Good luck on whatever you are doing.

I'll see what I can find out for you :)

In terms of the standard uniform, LAPD SWAT uniforms/badges are no different from regular LAPD officers' gear. (That is, a badge won't say "SWAT" instead of "POLICE OFFICER," for example.) The patches worn on BDUs are different, however. You can get SWAT patches on eBay.

Hope that not only makes sense, but helps. :)

Thanks for that info, I wasn't sure about the SWAT Badges. Can I also ask what "BDU" stands for as I am uncertain.

Germany guy:
https://badge-police.com/index.php?route=product/category&path=47

The reason you wont find the shirt is they were from a rental house then purchased by the production. T2 was before the internet boom so costumers still sourced by experience which is rental houses and catalog. That was when many catalog places still liked to do the "for law enforcement only" disclaimer when in fact you could get the same items down the street at the local surplus shop. I think Quartermaster still does this.
That and changes may have been done to visually distinguish the character from the norm.

Is there a link or any information on Quartermaster please.

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back