Added: Happabore... Disney Thermal Detonator (hot potato) and Crumb

Re: Disney Thermal Detonator (hot potato) and Crumb

Cool :cool Thanks for sharing :thumbsup !

I was half expecting Disney being accused of recasting from the title :lol

Is SC 1:1 ?

Markus

No info on that as of yet. I am assuming (with no proof to back it up) that it is.

The Latex Yoda they did prior (although not 1:1) was loosely around the size/mass of what Crumb would need to be. So it is possible.

The Thermal Detenator is said to be very accurate... not so much in apperance but in function. When you play the hot potato game, you can only play it once... Once! :p j/k, i have heard no further info on that item other than seeing the image posted.

Here's a packaged photo of the TD:

the039746LARGE-489x465.jpg

It sounds like it's a Disney park exclusive. Argh! It looks really great and the sound is nice too, at least in that video. About the right size isn't it?

I noticed the "hot potato" TD showed up around a year ago...did it ever come out? Looks like it could be pretty cool with a little bit of modding.

I think it's being released for this year's Star Wars Weekends in May.

I asked the guy, Steve, who posted the blog if they were going to put SC up for sale online and he said to check the Disney Merchandising Services at the end of June.

That audio sounds completely identical to the Master Replicas audio.

I picked up a Crumb this weekend. I'm not Crumb expert but it looks to be scale or at least the attempt is for that. Like i said, i do not know details on the real prop so I cannot say for fact.

I do not see any need to post images as the rebelscum.com images already did a great job doing that.

The legs, arms, tales, and ears have wired running through them so you can pose.

The cost was $35 and for that, I think this is an awesome piece although I think they would have been better off giving us a closed mouth version as it is hard to pull off a realistic open mouth on a low budget item. Regardless, it will be a nice addition to my collection.

For those out there who love realistic/accuracy items and have a high degree of skill, I look forward to your mods. I am reminded of the Illusive Concepts Yoda released in the late '90s and how nice some members made it look with improved paint, glass eyes, etc...

The Crumb is a Star Wars 2013 Exclusive and only sold in the special merchandise tend (Darth Mall) during the weekends.

I also saw the Thermal Detonator Hot Potato Game. It is not an exclusive item. I passed on it. If you are looking for something that you can modify to and prop replica, I would say from the look of it, it is slightly bigger than the actual prop and the center section is not as recessed. However, with a better paint job, It still might make a nice piece to someones collection. I also think this is a great gift for that youngling in your life who is interested in prop replicas.

^^^^

To add to this, I'm still on the fence about getting one. I was close to purchasing the TD toy this past weekend. It is a bit larger then it should be, but the overall design is actually decent to include the top switch. As mentioned, the center "recessed" area is pretty darn shallow. I'd be more interested to use the electronics from it and see how well it'd fit into a more accurate replica piece. No doubt some modifications and a good paint job could make it a nice display piece.

As for Crumb..IDK, I wasn't really digging it.

You see this cat Jabba is a bad mother...
(Shut your mouth)
But I'm talkin' about Jabba

I lack a lot of skill so huge mods are out of the question however I felt I could do one simple thing to improve (IMHO) the Crumb replica.

I glued his mouth shut.

Before
IMG_0501.JPG
After
IMG_0502.JPG

Last edited:

I really want to get one of those Crumbs,but I also don't want to pay twice as much to get one on ebay. :unsure

I really want to get one of those Crumbs,but I also don't want to pay twice as much to get one on ebay. :unsure

They've still got a lot of them left. Plus, it needs to be mentioned, that the price tag has the Star Tours logo, which clearly suggests that they intend to keep producing them long after SWWs is over. They were a huge hit and sold out before the next shipment on the first weekend IIRC

...Plus, it needs to be mentioned, that the price tag has the Star Tours logo, which clearly suggests that they intend to keep producing them long after SWWs is over.

I sort of doubt that. After all, they marked the pillow as a SW 2013 weekend item. Also, the item is not on the Star Tours gift shop and even in Darth Mall, the SW Weekends souvenir tent, it is only available in the SW 2013 Weekend exclusive section.

I do not recall ever seeing an item that they said was an exclusive make a return as regular merchandise. Just wanted to put that out there because I do not want someone set up for disappointment.

I sort of doubt that. After all, they marked the pillow as a SW 2013 weekend item. Also, the item is not on the Star Tours gift shop and even in Darth Mall, the SW Weekends souvenir tent, it is only available in the SW 2013 Weekend exclusive section.

I do not recall ever seeing an item that they said was an exclusive make a return as regular merchandise. Just wanted to put that out there because I do not want someone set up for disappointment.

It's an observation. The pillow could be really the SWWs "exclusive" but the crumb is not limited. I've been informed by backstage sources that they have pallets upon pallets of these, which doesn't really add up to the "limited" 1000 or so

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back