Evil Dead (2013) (Post-release)

Sadly I don't see it lasting in the theater more than a week anyhow the way movies are these days.

You mean like all the other "Evil Dead" vanished? Guys, these have never really been all that successful commercially. More as a cult movie than anything.

Evil Dead 1 is only relatively easy to get a hold of very recently, with the whole video nasty deal going on for years since its release.

I'm fine with Bruce not being in these as long as it's the same universe, and not a remake of the series. If they could reference some of Ash's activities somehow that'd be great.

he's seen it already? damn, last i heard they'd hired a girlie Ash, then she walked and things stalled, didn't realise it was all but finished. be interesting to see what it turns out like, ditto Maniac Cop - that series did have some cool and imaginative stunts etc.

I honestly don't know how I feel about it, but I'm willing to give it a shot. I mean, Sam, Robert (I'm assuming) and Bruce still have involvement in it, much like how they had involvement in the first three. Granted, even if Bruce doesn't show up in the film as Ash and Raimi is not the director, they both appear to dedicated to making sure that the heart of the films stay true. But I guess the real way to know if the new one will be true to the previous films is to watch it and be sure.

I'm fine with Bruce not being in these as long as it's the same universe, and not a remake of the series. If they could reference some of Ash's activities somehow that'd be great.

Someone could find the Necronomicon after Ash gets sucked into some weird situation again. Sadly I don't think it will have the same feel as the old ones.

This thread is more than 10 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back