My Captain America TFA helmet

GF

Sr Member
Just finished my urethane CA helmet, still a few details to add to make it more accurate, I'm waiting for a smaller and more accurate release buckle, also after some research I noticed that the female part of the buckle should be attached on the left hand side when wearing helmet and the male part of the buckle on the chin strap section. Also did my own stencils for the "A" and Wings scanned from a movie still which are more accurate and correct to size, the ones that came with the kit were innaccurate and a bit too big. The photos make it look a bit too clean, It's way more weathered in person.

Gerardo

Last edited:
GF:

Don't suppose you chronicled the step-by-step process as to how you created your amazingly cool helmet, yes/no?

If not, what would be a good resource documenting the process you used to create the helmet?

Thanks,

TOM

ahhhhh ... okay. thank you for the clarification.

Sorry for the late reply,

Yes Finhead is the master behind this beautful helmet, this is the most accurate sculpt available, fits like a glove, and the leather work is top notch.

Clinton thanks for making these available, you know I appreciate your work:thumbsup

GFollano

GF, nice helmet, you should order 2 of those buckles! ;)

Thanks for the nice words! yes should get the samples any day now and I will post a side to side comparisation, whoever needs some I will be happy to help.

GFollano

Heh - this is my first post; I've been lurking about for a bit.

I have to say, your paint job and work on the stenciling is really great. A lot of the stenciling work, as you stated, on many of the TFA helmets is usually too big (if you're talking about screen accuracy). What did you use for your stenciling system to get those nice, crisp lines?

Also, in a lot of the pics online and looking at the film on blu-ray, the "A" and the wings don't seem to be pure white or at least, not painted onto the helmet completely opaque so they don't appear pure white - they're appearance seems be just off white a bit (I'm sure this a discussion that has been already had at some point). Curious to know what you think.

This thread is more than 10 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back