EVA Original Batman / Batman Beyond suit

harzzle

Hey Guys. This is my first thread on this amazing site as well as my first build and I'm looking for some input from others :)

I am conflicted between 2 designs that I have in mind for this suit but both ideas involve the same armor that I will be making from EVA foam. I may even just make both as I can just swap the armor over.

1. My first idea has the armor on top of loose grey or black fabrics for a basic sort of poor man's batman look. It includes a batman begins style cowl, a high-collared cape, black tactical type pants with black industrial boots, and some straps and a harness to give a tactical-type look.

2. My second idea is my take on the batman beyond suit. This suit will have the armor on top of a wetsuit. There will be no cape and I'm going to attempt to make a latex mask based on a redesign by Mark Vick. The shoes will be wetsuit booties.

So far I have made one gauntlet and am working on the chest piece while I wait for my things to arrive for making my masks. I'm haven't designed any armor for the lower half yet but will have something soon. I've also attached a drawing that shows both ideas. The left half is idea 1 and the right is idea 2.

So what do you think guys? Which idea do you like more and what do you think I could do to improve the plan?

Last edited:
If there is any way you can avoid a wetsuit I would. If you wear it for any amount of time above 60 degrees F you are going to roast and sweat your butt off. (Speaking from experience)

This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back