Need ideas: standing base for Freddy Kreuger

Funky

Master Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
So I've been working on my lifesize Freddy for an up coming horror con and he's really looking good! He has to look "professional", as in something you'd sein a museum. I bought a suitable mannequin (modified) and as you can guess, it has that metal square base with the leg peg so you can stand him on his own. The base looks terrible and really take away from the subject.
My question: any ideas on what I could make that would fit over the existing base but still looks like something Fred would be standing on?
No holds barred! Give me any suggestions no matter how silly!

Maybe just paint the metal base green and red stripped and age it a bit, then put the Nightmare logo on the front.

could you post a picture so we can see what you're talking about....i work better visually .....in my mind i'd see some kind of old dusty wooden crate box then you put pvc piping behind him and paint it all to look like rusty piping....he was always in a boiler room by the way....and just for added kick butt effects i'd put some dry ice in one of the bottoms of the pipes to make smoke come out giving it that creepy boiler room look then bottom light it with red leds.

but that's just me

Any updates on the progress of your display?
I would love to see what you have going on with the full figure :)

Any updates? I would love to see how you are customizing a mannequin. I would love to build one but do not want a standard static pose.

What about a dirty, greasy, rusty boiler room look with pipes, metal grating, etc? The grating could have a red light coming from underneath to represent fire?

Last edited:
This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back