Another MPC Millennium Falcon Modification

Except for that gaping hole where the cockpit should be, it looks a whole lot like the Millennium Falcon I remember seeing in the movies. Really strong work!!!

Looks great John. It looks like you cleaned up the weathering a little if that makes sense? I'm liking the overall tone of the paint color. Either way its shaping up nicely!

....OK......after a break,....while I had the airbrush out,....I resprayed some of those areas that annoyed me the last time,......much happier now

I honestly think this was the reason I moved on to other projects,....paint......but I will see this baby finished

IMG_1955.jpg

IMG_1956.jpg

IMG_1957.jpg

IMG_1958.jpg

IMG_1960.jpg

IMG_1961.jpg

IMG_1962.jpg

Thanks for looking
John

I had forgotten what beautiful work you've done to this. I jumped to the latest pictures and had to double check the title of the thread to make sure I clicked on the right link because this looks nothing like the MPC kit anymore. The paint job is outstanding!

Thanks very much Randy & astroboy,.....I'm building a tank for the Scale Model Addict 'Big Spring Contest'.....no getting out of painting there,.....& I do feel a bit more confident with the airbrush now,....so I fixed up the bits that were nagging me about the MPC Falcon

BUT still so much to do

J

Simply an amazing looking Falcon!. Paint is the best I've ever seen on an MPC & the detailing is very intricate & convincing. So glad you got back to this mate, its so impressive!.
Stu

Thanks for your great comments guys, especially from expert modellers like yourselves,....it puts my mind at rest that I am on the right track

Pro-job for sure:cool Eager to see it with its cockpit.

Thanks joberg,.....I have a cockpit made,...but I'm not entirely happy with it.....& it was my 2nd attempt at it,.....I'm toying with the thought of asking Tony (FZ6) to redesign a 3d printed one,....but then that would be the only part that I didn't kit-bash or scratch up,.....dunno......but a 3d printed one would make this model official looking
That paintjob is simply topnotch! It's a 5-footer through and through!!! (y)thumbsup:thumbsup

Thanks crackerjazz,.....all those images you posted waaaaayyyyyy back were the inspiration for this build.......so its all your fault:D......no but seriously, all credit goes to you & Ozzy on this build

Simply an amazing looking Falcon!. Paint is the best I've ever seen on an MPC & the detailing is very intricate & convincing. So glad you got back to this mate, its so impressive!.
Stu

Thanks eagle1,.....you know the 5 footer more than anybody,...that is a great compliment.......its just a pity I didn't fix the hull curvature before I started,.....I've got 2 more new MPC's.....maybe the next one....:rolleyes

Looks awesome

Thanks tankboyben,.....I still have to work out the engine lights then I can glue her together

Incredible!!!! as all your work ;)

Wow,.....thankyou Deilvert,...great compliment,.....its not usual to see any of my work painted though....

This is superb.
Makes me want to throw my MPC in the trash.
......Oh no don't do that,.....thanks Axloti

.....So my plans for the MPC......finish the cockpit,.....Turret interiors,.....redesign the engine lights,.....redesign the cargo platform (inspired by images from the 'Star Wars Rebels' cartoon)......weather the underside,.......that should be it.......by then hopefully Bandai will reveal its 1/72 Falcon which will be totally accurate to the 5 footer CG enhanced Falcon from the new film,....& spin offs,......then I'll join Axloti by throwing my MPC's in the bin:facepalm

Thanks for the help & support guys

John

Heck, when Bandai releases their Falcon, I have a fine molds 1/72, and amt cutaway, a blue moon kit and a lot of futile hours that will hit the bin.

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back