Star Trek desk top computer help

WNMHGB

I just received some very nice colored domes and control knobs from an ebay purchase and would like to build a replica of the computer used on the tv show Star Trek, does anyone here have the dimensions to this prop? please help!

Type4ComputerPlansFrontsmall.jpg

Type4computerSideViewsmall.jpg

I know you were after the alpha but the dimensions are the same on the beta model and the controls are located in the same spot.

More information on the TOS computers can be found here (most people can disregard, lol):
http://tosgraphics.yuku.com/topic/371/TOS-Computer-props-REVISED-and-in-HD

Last edited:
Good googly-moogly! That is an amazing diagram!

It has made me try to think of what I could put in it so I can justify building one. Hmm, maybe make a scale version. I need to add that to my ideas list.

Sent from my Etch-A-Sketch

That is looking good. Yes, those are the "Beta" knobs. The "Alpha" version had black knobs with a tiny white arrow on them. They were actually the same computer; "Alpha" was rebuilt into "Beta" after damage from the explosion at the end of the episode "A Taste of Armageddon."

It's interesting how the front always appears flatter in photos than it really is.

Here is the "Alpha" version:
Type4BAlpha.jpg

Here is the demise of the "Alpha" version (on top right of the large console)
AlphaTaste3.jpg

necropost - quick question - where is everyone getting the lights and knobs for thiers? i have a cabinet built , looking for stuff to fill it , it will be a static prop so no need for driver boards, ect, just for display in an office

This thread is more than 10 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back