Catwoman - Arkham City costume

Blobfish

CI_53162_1334930666.jpg

I never thought I'd actually make a comic-book character costume, but watching my partner play Arkham City got me really interested in Catwoman,and I loved this version.
As budget was very much an issue at the time, I managed to bring this costume to a cost of £40.

The main thing is 4-way stretch lycra. The panels with the isometric pattern on them are the result of 10 hours of hand-drawing with silver pens. If you're considering doing this costume and, like myself, don't have the budget for custome-printing, this can look quite effective, though a couple of smudges meant I had to re-do one or two panels.

The claws, arm decals, choker and knuckle plates are milliput, sanded and painted. The goggles have perspex lenses with a foam frame. The cowl pattern was made from putting a 4-panel fleece hat pattern over a wighead, as I couldn't find a good cowl pattern online.

I had to deviate from the design to have a little bag and whip-loop on my thigh, but other than that I've tried to keep it as close to the game model as possible.
The whole thing took me about 2, maybe 3 months on and off

Sometimes the budget costumes are the best...you did an excellent job and I like the pattern you made with the Silver pens and the use of milliput to create other parts to your costume. You should be proud of what you accomplished:thumbsup

Great job! This looks really great. I admire your determination with the amount of time and attention you paid to the silver-pen lines.

Thank you both very much :)
I agree that budget costumes can look pretty good and they're certainly great fun to do. I almost cringe when I see people buy expensive poorly-made chinese costumes when with a little elbow grease they could make better ones

This looks great! Wow at the whole 10 hours of sitting there doing that (makes me dread the Miranda - Mass Effect - cosplay I'm currently sourcing as I'll have to sit there & do the same, hand painting on the honeycomb affect all over her outfit).

Loving your creation :)

Props for hand drawing it! I have the patience to do detail work on a model - but I seriously doubt I could sit there with a straight edge and hand draw tiny lines for 10 hrs!

Great looking costume!

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back