Studio scale Sulaco.

Does anyone know the size of the filming miniature. I will be starting on this as soon as i confirm the size.

Got plenty of Reference just need a length.

Thanks. Al

eh up again i`ve just been on studio scale modelers and leukirik is the man to talk to cos his sulaco on there is mint i mean truely amazing hopefully hes the man for ya mym8...peza

There's only a few kit parts, that's the normal place to start. Get them and then scale from them.

Good news, ive been in touch with one of the Original model makers of the Sulaco. and hes been so generous to offer me dimensions and tons of Picture reference. so this will be moving forward soon.

Al

Wow awesome Al !

Cant wait to see you build this model !

You're lucky the model makers had documented their build and still have the ref, I wish it was the case for the ISD :( Well I get some help from Ease Owyeung (mainly for the reference of the paint and the process to paint it) and Paul Huston for what kind of wood they used for the inner armature and some other trivia things. I would have hope for some dimensions but there was no drawing done ! :facepalm

Do you plan to build it with both sides finished, or just the starboard side like the original studio model? I can't wait to see this one come together as the ship is so odd looking (it is essentially a flying rifle it looks like), but cool all the same.

Thanks Julien.

Im going to build mine with both sides finished, have to talk to my client to see how he wants his finished off. this is a favorite ship of mine, the front has so much going on. and its going to be fun to do alot of detailing as opposed to alot of pattern making for the Betty.

Al

Good news, ive been in touch with one of the Original model makers of the Sulaco. and hes been so generous to offer me dimensions and tons of Picture reference. so this will be moving forward soon.

Al

Great news Al! If your client doesn't want both sides done, he is going to miss out big time.

Last edited:
I have truly been looking for this, Too bad it will be way out of my price range. Tell ONEYE hi from us that miss him at the RPF.

Will do, Going to have the support structure drawn up by this weekend. wont be to hard to build. will put two mounting positions into the frame one on the bottom and one on the unfinished side.

Al

Last edited:
Ok, i talked to the Original builder of the Sulaco and Confirmed the exact size. So i am drawing up the support structure and will be starting this build.

Thanks For looking

Al

This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back