Green Twi'lek Costume

And that dress is absolutely gorgeous.[/b]

Thanks - however the dress is not self-made but from ebay. I've seen it once at a special clothes shop in Germany - there the price was terrific, I paid less than a quarter of it.

Unfortunately its rather unpractical wearing that dress while "being" a twi'lek. The green colour came of my decollete and after one hour it didn't look nice at all with all the 'white' spots on my green skin. The more practical costume would be my "first" dress you can see on the pictures at the beginning of the thread.

Maybe that is just a matter of appropriate make-up - perhaps an oil-based make-up would do, but it's such a hard job to remove even a water-based make-up from your skin (it comes off when it is not supposed to, but it doesn't come off when it's meant to), that's why I don't use oil-based colour.

However, by the time I am going to use the costume again I will have forgotten about the uncomfortable aspects ;)

You look great in those pictures.

May I ask, which brand of make-up did you use? (so that I can avoid using it)
I am considering using a water-based make-up from Kryolan with a alcohol-based activator/sealer.

May I ask, which brand of make-up did you use? (so that I can avoid using it)
I am considering using a water-based make-up from Kryolan with a alcohol-based activator/sealer.[/b]

Sorry, I don't know the brand at the moment. The make-up is at my boyfriend's - but I'll have a look on monday.

On the Jedi-Con I used another colour by "Eulenspiegel" but that is a German brand - I don't know if they sell it abroad. "Eulenspiegel" was a very good water-based make-up but I could not find 'my' colour that would fit with the lekku.
However - the Eulenspiegel make-up didn't come off at all - neither of my skin (even not when trying to remove the make-up) nor of my dress what is still green :angel
I used Eulenspiegel for a Darth Maul costume as well and that one worked nicely and came off when it was meant to.
Maybe green is just a naughty colour ;)

I used all make-ups without an activator or sealer.

This thread is more than 10 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back