Silhouette CAMEO Problem...

mpick67

I'm hoping someone here will be able to help me. I'm using Pepakura Viewer 3 for the Silhouette CAMEO and I'm having problems getting accurate cuts.

I've played around with the "Distance Between Registration Marks" and I've gotten considerably more accurate cuts, but I'm still having trouble getting it to cut right. Also, I can't seem to get the
Silhouette CAMEO to cut on the dashed lines. I went through a ton of cardstock just to get this far. If anyone has some pointers on how to fix these problems I would really appreciate it!

I've included some pictures of my setting and the results I'm getting from them.

1pep.jpg

2pep.jpg

pep3.jpg

DSCN3769-1200.jpg

DSCN3770-1200.jpg

DSCN3772-1200.jpg
DSCN3773-1200.jpg

DSCN3775-1200.jpg

DSCN3774-1200.jpg

I turn that feature off, I find that even when it cuts the fold lines you still have to score them with a exacto knife to get a clean fold and on the small parts with fold lines it ends up cutting them to bits. I have a Silhouette SD so I am not sure how to turn it off and on with the cameo as the set up looks alot different, but what i think it is looking for are the coloured lines for the folds and if the pep file is not set with a different colour line for the folds (in program) it wont recognize them, does it give you the option to change it to ----- and -.-.-.- for the fold lines instead of looking for coloured lines in the pep, if not try changing the colour of the fold lines in the pep designer itself.

Last edited:
I have an option for "dashed cuts" and "solid cut line" for my CAMEO. But if you say I'm better off hand scoring them, I'll just do that. I still can't seem to get the accuracy of my cuts right. I'll try a few more things today.

I've played around with the "Distance Between Registration Marks" some more. My new settings are: 195 and 251.5

The weird thing is that the left and right cuts are dead on, but for the pieces near the top of the paper it's cutting slightly high. The middle piece is cut perfect, while the piece near the bottom is cut a little low. Any ideas?

DSCN3781-1200.jpg

DSCN3783-1200.jpg

DSCN3782-1200.jpg

DSCN3785-1200.jpg

DSCN3784-1200.jpg

Last edited:
Like Surreal Studios, I too have the mountain and valley cuts disabled on mine as well. I like scoring the line instead. There is a setting to do this in the pep viewer program. Go to File > Cut Developments then click the Details button.

I set my registration marks to 10mm margins and I think the program originally told me to set my registration marks at 195mm and 259mm but I found that adjusting mine to 195.5 and 260mm worked better for me. Now my cuts are pretty much spot on. Now the program is telling me to set my marks to 190mm and 277mm so the next time I cut I may have to adjust again... not sure why it changed... maybe an update to the program... idk.

The distance between the registration marks is the key. The two numbers determine what 'scale' the parts cut at. So if your cuts are coming out bigger than the printout then you need to tell the machine that the distance between the registration marks is bigger and that will make the part that gets cut smaller. If your cuts are smaller than the printout then you need to tell the Cameo that the distance is smaller and this will make the cutout bigger. If you have adjusted the width so that the cuts match up but the length is still off then you only need to adjust the second number. You can try and measure the distance between the cut and the print line and then adjust the length by that amount. That will get you pretty close. Then you will need to do some good old trial and error.

Try reading through some of the posts here:

Complete Pepakura Viewer for CraftROBO guide/FAQ

Damn!!!

Thanks to this thread, I thought it was just my SD cutting slightly off as I go higher on the page!!!

Not that I use it anymore a lot, but I'll remind that!!! Thanks guys!!! Much appreciated!

I find that if you set the cutline settings for Cutline Segment and Uncut line segment to 0.5 mm you get pretty good puncture along the fold lines.

I'm having this exact same problem with my recently purchased Cameo, cuts are off at the top of the page but dead on at the bottom, I follow darkside501st recommendation on setting the registrations to 195.5 and 260.0 and somewhat worked for me, but still not dead center, don't know maybe they are not supposed to be, as the silhouette cameo might not be that exact. anyways if there are any other recommendations please let us know!!!

I'm having this exact same problem with my recently purchased Cameo, cuts are off at the top of the page but dead on at the bottom, I follow darkside501st recommendation on setting the registrations to 195.5 and 260.0 and somewhat worked for me, but still not dead center, don't know maybe they are not supposed to be, as the silhouette cameo might not be that exact. anyways if there are any other recommendations please let us know!!!

Those settings are what worked for me... the discrepancies between different people could be due to the different printers being used. You may have to play with it a little more to get the settings right for you.

Those settings are what worked for me... the discrepancies between different people could be due to the different printers being used. You may have to play with it a little more to get the settings right for you.
Don't know how but after I apply your settings to mine after a few sheets the cuts began to be spot on and finished cutting with flying colors, thanks for the help man !

Also not sure why but my viewer for cameo cutting settings are in Japanese not sure why they're not in English, any idea on how I can change the language ?

Don't know how but after I apply your settings to mine after a few sheets the cuts began to be spot on and finished cutting with flying colors, thanks for the help man !

Also not sure why but my viewer for cameo cutting settings are in Japanese not sure why they're not in English, any idea on how I can change the language ?

That's great! I am glad it worked for you. I am not sure about the language... it has been a long time since I installed the program. Most programs will have you choose the language when you install them.

HELP ! ! ! !
I'm having a big problem, Silhouette Cameo not reading registration marks, everything was working just fine until today, it just won't read the registration marks, any ideas of why this might be happening and how to fix???

HELP ! ! ! !
I'm having a big problem, Silhouette Cameo not reading registration marks, everything was working just fine until today, it just won't read the registration marks, any ideas of why this might be happening and how to fix???

The only time I had that problem was when I had mistakenly put the page on the cutting mat in the incorrect orientation.

If that is not your problem then I would try to uninstall Pep Viewer for Cameo and the controller then reinstall both again.

Another option to try would be to clean the optical sensor, just shoot a little "Dust off" or something like it around by the blade. That is where the sensor hides. Good luck.

Thanks for the Help guys, I actually had to uninstall Pepakura Viewer for Cameo, just before the current job I did a 8 page landscape cut, and it must have got stuck in the program don't really know why, but after I re-installed viewer everything works just fine, like new.
Again thank you, and hope this helps someone else if anything!

The thing is, even if your cuts are now 100% aligned with your printed shape, the overall end product will still be the right size. In the end it may just mean that your folds may be a bit off from the printed fold lines.

The thing is, even if your cuts are now 100% aligned with your printed shape, the overall end product will still be the right size. In the end it may just mean that your folds may be a bit off from the printed fold lines.

I think you meant to say even if they are NOT 100% aligned... However this is not necessarily true. In some cases the cuts will start out right on target and then diagonally across the page they will be off the line. This means that the cuts are becoming distorted... this small distortion can add up as you start gluing the parts together and it can either cause problems aligning the tabs or it could cause an end result that can be distorted ever so slightly. It will definitely be worth while to try and get the cuts as close to the printed lines as possible.

This thread is more than 10 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back