eFX SCOUT TROOPER HELMET LEGEND EDITION!!

Thats what i like to hear and its the best part about this hobby. Its like being a kid again!

Keith.

Thats exactly why I have so much passion for OT props. It's takes me back to fond memories of my childhood. And the lineage to the original makes me feel like I have a part of that childhood dream. I love watching my son have the same excitement for the things he loves too. I feel like with him I'm getting a second childhood. :)

Ben

Well theoretically only a month or so to go until the paid-in-full Legend guys might start getting their helmets shipped! Here's hoping everything is still on schedule!

I thought people might like to know that toywars is offering a 15% off coupon if you follow them or sign up for their newsletter. It made the scout LE helmet $105 bucks off plus free shipping, which was too good of a deal for me to pass, so I pre-ordered one.

As a Darth Vader from the 501st, I do have a few honest questions from you guys....
I have a Darth Stone ESB helmet that I got painted at a body shop... my helmet probably cost up to about $800-900 in the end, and it's pretty much as close as you can get to the movie's original helmet without owning the original helmet...
But after viewing this, it's only $100 dollars or so less than what I payed for my full ESB Vader helmet.... is it really worth that? Aren't there armor makers out there who can create just as accurate Scout Trooper helmets for probably $400-500 for a completely finished ready to wear helmet?
I mean, like I said, I have no idea about any of it, and maybe I'm wrong, but it seems to me that if I wanted a Scout trooper helmet, I'd get one from one of the kit makers in the 501st and then get it painted myself instead of throwing down $700 for one...

Agreed. I just parted with my MLC Biker Scout helmet. I put a lot of money and time into it and I think it was one of the nicest ever but nothing compares to a helmet direct from the original molds. Lineage is everything.

As a Darth Vader from the 501st, I do have a few honest questions from you guys....

As a Scout Trooper from the 501st... ;)

No. There's only 1 fan made bucket out there that *might* come close to the real deal (Lonewolf on BSN and here, I think). His kit is the priciest but it's also the most accurate that is out there. The rest are flawed in a few ways, so while I agree that this might seem like a lot of cash to lay out for a bucket, there isn't much from the original costume out in the wild. Only 1 helmet (ex. Sansweet, currently Prop Store of London) is in private hands, another will be up for auction in October. No armour, the rare pair of original Esprit gloves, the even rarer pair of Sierra Sneakers... us scouts really don't have the luxury of comparing fan made stuff to original stuff, unlike the Stormtroopers.

In short, it's a pretty penny, but to get even close is still gonna cost you at least half of what this one's going for. I'm looking forward to receiving mine and hoping it's worth it.

As a Scout Trooper from the 501st... ;)

No. There's only 1 fan made bucket out there that *might* come close to the real deal (Lonewolf on BSN and here, I think). His kit is the priciest but it's also the most accurate that is out there. The rest are flawed in a few ways, so while I agree that this might seem like a lot of cash to lay out for a bucket, there isn't much from the original costume out in the wild. Only 1 helmet (ex. Sansweet, currently Prop Store of London) is in private hands, another will be up for auction in October. No armour, the rare pair of original Esprit gloves, the even rarer pair of Sierra Sneakers... us scouts really don't have the luxury of comparing fan made stuff to original stuff, unlike the Stormtroopers.

In short, it's a pretty penny, but to get even close is still gonna cost you at least half of what this one's going for. I'm looking forward to receiving mine and hoping it's worth it.
See, now that makes sense! Funny how much Star Wars costumes differ....

Anyone heard of an updated ETA for these? Looking like the anticipated ship date will be missed...

Last edited:
Yes, eFX said that those who preorder within the first few days and paid in full would be getting their helmets at the end of September IIRC.

Honestly, I don't mind waiting a little longer for a better more accurate helmet. Efx always pulls through in the quality/ accuracy departments and if they need a little more time to achieve that then I am all for it.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back