eFX SCOUT TROOPER HELMET LEGEND EDITION!!

Dont hold your breath! A couple of months ago they said they were waiting for EVERY International customer to confirm their address before sending ANY helmets out. Now that's clever!

So presumably we'll all wait forever if just one person fails to answer. What happens if someone dies waiting - it's been long enough!!

Cheers

Jez

That right there is why I take such issue with eFX - and any company that announces products they never release. A friend, and fellow collector, passed away last year. Sadly, any of us who watched ANH at the cinemas are getting to that age where there are potentially fewer days ahead than there are behind.

Many of the "supposed" items that are "coming" were on his list of things to get - and I know the joy those items would have brought him.

I fully understand this is life, but after his passing it really hit home how rife this sort of behaviour is in the high-end hobby industry.

That right there is why I take such issue with eFX - and any company that announces products they never release. A friend, and fellow collector, passed away last year. Sadly, any of us who watched ANH at the cinemas are getting to that age where there are potentially fewer days ahead than there are behind.

Many of the "supposed" items that are "coming" were on his list of things to get - and I know the joy those items would have brought him.

I fully understand this is life, but after his passing it really hit home how rife this sort of behaviour is in the high-end hobby industry.

Mois, I am very sorry to hear that about your friend. That is very very sad indeed.

Mois, I am very sorry to hear that about your friend. That is very very sad indeed.

Thanks for your kind words. It puts everything into perspective, that's for sure.

I'm not overly active on these sorts of forums, I just like to have a read and keep up to date with things, but it does seem to be a concerning trend with these high-end collectibles companies. I'm not sure what they gain by doing this? All I see is frustrated customers.

(BTW: I love your website. A great, great, resource for all Star Wars helmets. Keep it up!)

Thanks for your kind words. It puts everything into perspective, that's for sure.

I'm not overly active on these sorts of forums, I just like to have a read and keep up to date with things, but it does seem to be a concerning trend with these high-end collectibles companies. I'm not sure what they gain by doing this? All I see is frustrated customers.

(BTW: I love your website. A great, great, resource for all Star Wars helmets. Keep it up!)

Also sorry to hear about your friend. I know all to well how unpredictable life can be.

As for prop makers, I'm glad for one thing... The PropShop seems to be THE one licensed prop maker who isn't taking 2+ years to figure things out for their product development and delivery.

Mois, that's really sad to here and sorry for your lose. This gets me going again on how EFX has played all this out so far, such disrespect for its customers.

I read through all 40 plus pages of this thread today. From the initial elation to the bitterness that followed. I feel so bad for you guys, what efx has done is criminal. I will never buy an efx product or own one out of simple principal. If I personally had waited that long and they actually delivered it at some point it would be worthless to me. I would look at it and think of all the frustration it caused me. Ask them to give you their prototypes, or whatever they have in stock that you want. You guys deserve it. If I owned efx (well, it wouldn't have come to this) but "this will begin to make things right"... in my eyes. Rooting for you.

I cancelled my pre-order on toywars. I couldn't take the wait any longer.

I ended up canceling my order from toywars as well awhile ago. I really like the products they've released over the years, but this was just too long a wait for me. My RS Scout is just about complete. It was just about ready to be shipped, but I wanted them to add a few more knicks and scrapes, so I'll have to wait a little while longer.

It's an outrageous situation for sure and it seems to me like we effectively crowdfunded development of this helmet (or their other projects) with the preorders. They should've been much further along than they were before they opened these helmets up for preorders. It was concerning to me early on when they delayed it (after being several months past shipping date) due to hinge pins not holding up (I think that was it?), and remember thinking that should've been discovered and worked out long before it apparently was. We basically preordered vaporware and it is now obvious these helmets did not exist in any way shape or form and virtually nothing had been done when they opened preorders, except probably for that prototype to display at cons. Regardless of cheap Chinese factory woes and manufacturing issues, there is absolutely no excuse for these to be 2 years late.

I wish I'd seen this thread before I ordered their plastic Vader helmet.

This is how my order arrived two days ago, left on my front doorstep. Had I been home I would not have accepted delivery. $341 and this is how my collectible was delivered. The packaging it shredded, this does not retain any collectible value this way. Additionally, on opening the inner package, getting to the helmet through the mangled clear plastic clamshell protection, my thumb brushed against the neck of the mask to reveal the paint was sticky in one place, and not fully cured, blemishing the finish.

3 emails to EFX, a phone call message, and STILL NO RESPONSE.

WTF they're now a Disney licensee, can complaints to Disney do anything to get them in line or shut them down so other uninformed collectors are protected?

14202490_10153765120835966_6360090344537747821_n.jpg

WOW.. That is utter garbage! How could they do that???? Geeze one time I contacted Sideshow because my product box got punctured, but not the statue for my Salacious Crumb years ago and just asked them to make sure UPS stops mishandling their packages like crap. Sideshow offered to ship a new product box free, but I wasn't about to go that far as nice as the gesture was. I'm not planning to sell it at all anyway.

I posted some pages back the picture, but I probably received one of the rarest items from eFX when they first sent out that PCR Vader helmet enticement, which is a refund check in the mail. I need to frame that sucker because it seems like almost no one gets those!

I can't believe this garbage is still going on, and yet they keep getting show floor space showing off great new things in development for their private collection.... er.... for pre-sale that you could one day own.

I posted some pages back the picture, but I probably received one of the rarest items from eFX when they first sent out that PCR Vader helmet enticement, which is a refund check in the mail. I need to frame that sucker because it seems like almost no one gets those!

And it's individually numbered as well! Nice score.

I don't think it is fair to blame efx for a package being damaged during shipment. The package is out of their control at that point. The packages go through huge automated distribution centers and many other steps along the way. I have had packages I sent damaged or lost. The vast majority of packages make it just fine.

If there are issues with how the item was packaged or how they respond to issues, those are fair criticisms.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

I don't think it is fair to blame efx for a package being damaged during shipment. The package is out of their control at that point. The packages go through huge automated distribution centers and many other steps along the way. I have had packages I sent damaged or lost. The vast majority of packages make it just fine.

If there are issues with how the item was packaged or how they respond to issues, those are fair criticisms.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Agreed. The packaging did it's job - it protected the product during shipping.

And I'm not entirely sure how "collectible" a $300 PCR Vader helmet really is, considering they're all over Ebay and there are various other places they can be ordered - especially considering they haven't really suggested they're a "special limited run" in any way that I'm aware of. ...Would anyone consider their PCR Stormtrooper helmet to be a collectible?

However, the wet/tacky paint which resulted in a smudge? That's a rather LARGE issue.

It's weird; Lucasfilm are notorious for their product approvals, yet seem to turn a blind eye to eFX's ongoing, endless, unbridled, shenanigans.

Could anyone please explain this to me?

I have my theories, but nepotism seems to be the only logical verdict.

At this point I'm completely fed up with them. Two months since we (the international customers) were supposed to have our "free" pcr vader shipped, and yet (surprise) EFX has gone dark again without any forseable follow through on their own commitment.

It's clear as day that EFX is just a front to launder rare props/castings into the personal collections of the inflated 'few'. Meanwhile using our money to do it, then posting middle finger showoff threads of 'their' great new additions. The legend line is a joke, more so a ruse. We will never see anything from them that is not watered down or highly modified from the original... IF we get anything at all. I couldn't care less about this company. Sincerely I hope the lot get the shaft..

The Anovos Fett atleast looks more promising than the EFX "Legend". I find it funny that somehow a 3d print became more faithful than a direct cast... I guess that's what happens when you rub the hell out of a direct cast with sandpaper.

I wonder why no US customer has taken any legal action against them yet.

And off course they have no interest to bring out not watered down versions - they want to have the only accurate stuff, the best way to brag about it.

In my mind this is a cancelled project. I have zero expectations at this point. If it gets released, I'll complete my preorder. If not, the $300 deposit I paid for the legend edition cancels out the cost of the Vader helmet they sent me. I'll be able to walk away with something of equal value at least.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back