Terry Gilliam's The Zero Theorem (Post-release)

Yessssssss! Terry Gilliam's films are awesome, Brazil and Baron Munchausen being my favorites. I can't wait for this!

Terry Gilliam:
"Back in Bucharest with one month to go before the start of shooting of The Zero Theorem. Here is a sneak peek at the chapel set. But from the outside. You'll never see this angle in the film."

(Click photo to view the original Facebook post)

Last night somebody leaked a trailer for The Zero Theorem along with other footage from the film which has now been pulled from YouTube.

I didn't get to see it and I am still trying to find if there is any other site that has put up the trailer using their own embedded video instead of using YouTube.

Christoph Waltz is front and center in the trippy trailer for Terry Gilliam's Zero Theorem
Despite no trailer footage, this is still a nice article on how tough it is for Terry Gilliam to get funding for his films and how we need more filmmakers like him.

Apparently most of the cast members working in this film agreed to work for far less than their usual pay scale, so that Terry Gilliam can make this film on a very limited budget.

Here is the Terry Gilliam interview where he talks about The Zero Theorem cast working for less, current state of Hollywood and independent films.

Terry Gilliam Interview - The Zero Theorem, Johnny Depp's Don Quixote, BIFAs 2012 - YouTube

Last edited by a moderator:
Director’s statement for The Zero Theorem:

"When I made Brazil in 1984, I was trying to paint a picture of the world I thought we were living in then. The Zero Theorem is a glimpse of the world I think we are living in now.

Pat Rushin’s script intrigued me with the many pertinent questions raised in his funny, philosophic, and touching tale.

For example: What gives meaning to our lives, brings us happiness? Can we ever find solitude in an increasingly connected, constricted world? Is that world under control or simply chaotic?

We’ve tried to make a film that is honest, funny, beautiful, smart and surprising; a simple film about a complex modern man waiting for a call to give meaning to his life; about inescapable relationships and the longing for love; peopled with captivating characters, mouthfuls of wise and witty dialogue; raising questions without offering easy answers. Hopefully, it’s unlike any film you have seen recently; no zombies, no caped crusaders, no aliens or gigantic explosions. Actually, I might have lied about that last item.

Having not worked with a budget this small for several decades, I was forced to work fast and instinctively, pressured only by the lack of time and money. We relied on the freedom to spin on a dime, to make outrageous creative leaps. The results surprised even me. I’m proud to have been part of The Zero Theorem."

- Terry Gilliam

9570635432_c18040b3cc_o.jpg

Last edited:
Wow!,thats going to be on my favorite movie list I feel.My dream team of directors would be Terry and Jean-Pierre Jeunet working together.

Really looking forward to this. I'm sure it'll be amazing. I was lucky enough to meet Terry on the set of 12 Monkeys and he couldn't have been any nicer. He even signed my vhs copy of Brazil!

This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back