BTTF Blast from the Past Bag

Jedifyfe

Master Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
So I was in FRY's electronics the other day waiting in line and they had this stuff called Perky Jerky and I noticed that the material they used for the packaging had a rainbow lenticular look to it.

I picked one up to feel the texture and weight of the plastic and it seems VERY close to the BTTF bag...

perky_jerky.jpg

I've seen this stuff around too. It seemed a little thick to me but if you could find out who manufactures the packaging you might be on to something.

I'm still convinced that the bag is made from different materials glued together. But I'd like to be convinced otherwise. ;)

Sweet! Any shots of the material?

Nothing yet. Still waiting for confirmation on this.

I'm still convinced that the bag is made from different materials glued together. But I'd like to be convinced otherwise. ;)

It could be. I'm not exactly sure what it's made of yet.

do you think all the bags are the same material
the crinkled and new bag look like differant stuff to me

I considered this, but it seems that the bag just looks different depending on the lighting conditions.

This bag rises many questions.
What is a prop replica really? Is that a replica of the prop itself?
Or is it a replica of the prop as seen on screen ?
If I had to create and sell those bags, I would try to copy the rendering they have on my screen rather than a 100% replica of the prop itself.
This leads to another question : since the bags doesn't look exactly the same on every scene which one should I choose?

Making a copy of a bag that has been screen viewed makes finding the materials harder since the original materials (if they are still available!) won't fit.

I'm happy not to create those bags. lol

This bag rises many questions.
What is a prop replica really? Is that a replica of the prop itself?
Or is it a replica of the prop as seen on screen ?
If I had to create and sell those bags, I would try to copy the rendering they have on my screen rather than a 100% replica of the prop itself.
This leads to another question : since the bags doesn't look exactly the same on every scene which one should I choose?

Making a copy of a bag that has been screen viewed makes finding the materials harder since the original materials (if they are still available!) won't fit.

I'm happy not to create those bags. lol

A prop replica, is a replica of an original prop (screen used or not)... Just a copy (depending on the quality) of it if you want.

Like Roland made a replica of the blast from the past bag based on pictures, movie scenes or screen used prop (sold on website) that he had. When you do not have a back up prop or a screen used prop, the replica is most of the time made through a lot of research progress.

The trick on this replica, is the reflective material, because it is so complicated to define it as it seems to change according to light, colours, environment etc...

Here is a picture of a screen used one:

BagReceipt.jpg

Last edited:
Anybody know anything about db537's bags?

Since the junkyard thread got deleted, I'll recap what's going on with the run here.
I still have the list of all paid orders saved even though the thread is gone.

Last fall, someone stole more than $4,000 from my PayPal account, and I was unable to recover any of the money that was taken.
All the funds for the paid orders were lost. Originally, I was going to have the Blast from the Past bags produced by a company that
makes custom bags.

Due to the theft, and because there is no way I could possibly afford to personally fund a run of bags starting over again from nothing,
I decided to attempt making the bags myself using the method in Roland's tutorial which he posted here. I have had difficulty in locating
proper materials to duplicate the appearance of Roland's bags. I can't order this stuff online because you just can't judge it properly from
the photos. So I have been searching locally.

Recently, I had Roland send me one of his bags to help in the search so I can compare the materials and see if I can find anything close
enough to use for the bags. I received his package yesterday, but I have not had time to open it or to look at the bag yet. I will check it out
tonight or tomorrow as soon as I have some time, and will make a final decision in whether or not to continue filling the orders, or to start
refunding all the buyers. Either way, it will take some time to resolve all the outstanding orders.

Since the junkyard thread got deleted, I'll recap what's going on with the run here.
I still have the list of all paid orders saved even though the thread is gone.

Last fall, someone stole more than $4,000 from my PayPal account, and I was unable to recover any of the money that was taken.
All the funds for the paid orders were lost. Originally, I was going to have the Blast from the Past bags produced by a company that
makes custom bags.

Due to the theft, and because there is no way I could possibly afford to personally fund a run of bags starting over again from nothing,
I decided to attempt making the bags myself using the method in Roland's tutorial which he posted here. I have had difficulty in locating
proper materials to duplicate the appearance of Roland's bags. I can't order this stuff online because you just can't judge it properly from
the photos. So I have been searching locally.

Recently, I had Roland send me one of his bags to help in the search so I can compare the materials and see if I can find anything close
enough to use for the bags. I received his package yesterday, but I have not had time to open it or to look at the bag yet. I will check it out
tonight or tomorrow as soon as I have some time, and will make a final decision in whether or not to continue filling the orders, or to start
refunding all the buyers. Either way, it will take some time to resolve all the outstanding orders.
Since you are a Premium Member, your thread is now in the Project Runs forum. It has been marked as "on hold", but you can use that thread for updates and tracking the members that have paid.
http://www.therpf.com/f75/bttf-ii-blast-past-almanac-bag-hold-173986/

This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back