Silicone Sigourney/Ripley Portrait - FULL FIGURE ALMOST DONE P8

Re: Silicone Sigourney/Ripley Portrait UPDATE P2

The result is fantastic! The paint, teeth, eyes are beautifull!

sigourneycloseup2.jpg

Thanks guys, really appreciate the comments!! :thumbsup

Doh2
It may have been mentioned, but how did you do her teeth? Sigourney Weaver has a very distinctive mouth, so I think that's what really sells your sculpt.

They're acrylic teeth set into place in a mould made from a sculpt I did of them....

480792_10150813765387116_1140669909_n.jpg

75277_10150813766112116_707728973_n.jpg

Alaneye
Wow, Steve, this is up there with Jordu's Grand Moff Tarkin! I'd love to know how you achieve such real skin colours.

Al

Thats a precious compliment thanks Al. Its all to do with translucency and building up subtle layers. Takes ages!

oh wow...this is absolutly fantastic...great job...i wish i had a thumbnail of your talent

Wow, Steve, this is up there with Jordu's Grand Moff Tarkin! I'd love to know how you achieve such real skin colours.

Al

I totally agree! This is simply stunning. You sir are VERY talented!

And for that....I hate you. :lol

The fact that you also sculpted her teeth adds another layer of awesomeness to this piece!

I love this sculpt!!!

I also love the picture you put up with the WIP for the teeth... reminds me of the scene from Minority Report "It's what we call an orgy of evidence"... How many sculptors would be "people of interest" due to the reference photos they pin to walls ;)

Brilliant stuff... very inspirational (though also from this point a seemingly unattainable ideal to reach... it's always worth reaching).

Its all to do with translucency and building up subtle layers. Takes ages!

A lot of sculptures fail to catch the actual translucency of human skin. It's so hard to replicate without an actual translucent layer. I've done some work with 3D renders that utilize the skin's reaction to light properly, but it's very hard to get it just right.

Don't be modest; you have pulled off something amazing.
I look for updates every day.

I couldn't imagine what you'd charge for one of these, if you could reproduce them "easily".

Worth every penny; whatever that number may be.

Whenever we try to sculpt celebrities, it's the skin surface that we cannot ever get to look convincing. And yet for probably 98% of all the footage we have ever actually seen of the real person, they were wearing heavy pancaked makeup on their entire face. Ironic.

The pictures actually got a little eerie for me. Great work, can't wait to see the final and how creepily accurate it will be!

Wow thanks everyone!!!! :$

Jedifyfe
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alaneye

Al
I totally agree! This is simply stunning. You sir are VERY talented!

And for that....I hate you.

Hey, don't hate the player......hate the inanimate silicone head - as the old saying goes :lol

blennus
I love this sculpt!!!

I also love the picture you put up with the WIP for the teeth... reminds me of the scene from Minority Report "It's what we call an orgy of evidence"... How many sculptors would be "people of interest" due to the reference photos they pin to walls

Brilliant stuff... very inspirational (though also from this point a seemingly unattainable ideal to reach... it's always worth reaching).

Ha! I thought of that too. In fact somebody else mentioned that the other day. Sigourney better not go missing anytime soon, or I'll be prime suspect number 1 :lol

Tastyburger
Quote:
Originally Posted by wilysteve

Its all to do with translucency and building up subtle layers. Takes ages!
A lot of sculptures fail to catch the actual translucency of human skin. It's so hard to replicate without an actual translucent layer. I've done some work with 3D renders that utilize the skin's reaction to light properly, but it's very hard to get it just right.

Don't be modest; you have pulled off something amazing.
I look for updates every day.

I couldn't imagine what you'd charge for one of these, if you could reproduce them "easily".

Worth every penny; whatever that number may be.

Ah thanks mate!! It is incredibly hard to get the skin right and its taken years of practice and many many tests to find the right process, something I'll never fully disclose :cool At the moment I'd probably settle for a fiver for this bust its taken me so far down the financial miar, but hoping it will prove priceless in my endeavours to become established one day :thumbsup

batguy
Whenever we try to sculpt celebrities, it's the skin surface that we cannot ever get to look convincing. And yet for probably 98% of all the footage we have ever actually seen of the real person, they were wearing heavy pancaked makeup on their entire face. Ironic.

Hehe, yeah I wish we could just use make up on these busts- would be a whole lot easier! :)

Currently trying to go viral with this piece over at BuzzFeed.com so any help would be much appreciated. In the top 100 at the moment!

If anyone could click on this link to give it more traffic and share it on their social networks that would be incredibly appreciated!! :thumbsup

#SiliconeSigourney @SculptorSteve

This has to be one of the most realistic paint jobs I have seen up there with the guy who did Tarkin.

This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back