Scarlet-Spider Costume Completed (+Convention Pics)

Re: Scarlet-Spider costume WIP

hahaha I'm just buggin ya dude... but yeah Spidey cosplayers all invest in cups or dance belts to hide the old man ;) lol!! I will be when I do my Future Foundation Spidey when I have finished up on my Cpt Britain costume, but yeah I definitely recommend a good weight gain protein to aid in bulking up... just upping your meals will help but VERY slowly, and you don't want to make the mistake of thinkin 'ah I will just eat a ton of Mc'd's' coz that will put the weight in the wrong places lol!!! it's the protien weight gaining you want to do, not fatty weight gaining, although it won't take you too long to get the right Spidey look anyways ;)

Haha, fair enough :darnkidslol
I'll certainly be keeping an eye out for your FF Spidey thread, man I love the design of that costume! :3
I think I've got some scandi-shakes somewhere which'll come in handy also.

Thanks man. Yeah, I know what you mean :lol I've been exercising and doubling my meal portions since the past couple of months but to no avail. Guess my metabolism must be stupidly high haha.

I have very high metabolism too. Here's some tips for gaining wait. Don't just eat lots of food, make sure you're eating the RIGHT foods. Anything high in protein is what you want, such as dark meats like beef, peanut butter, eggs, cheese, and beans. But don't just eat protein, balance it out with carbs and veggies.

And when you workout you want to make sure you're doing the RIGHT workouts. Stay away from cardio, while it's good to keep your heart healthy, if you do lots of cardio you will not gain weight because you'll just burn off everything you eat because of your high metabolism. You want to go as heavy as you can on the weights and do small sets, rather than going with small weight and doing lots of reps. It's best to keep the weight to where that you max out (get to the point that you can't lift the weight again) at about 8 reps. So for instance do 8 reps of curls with heavy weights, than move in to push ups or something to work your triceps, alternate between different muscles so that your not just tiring out. So you'll go from one thing to the next until you've done about 8 different things and then rest for about 60 seconds and go through all the same stuff again, do that about 4 to 6 times. And then you can rest and move on to working a different part of your body.
The main thing is just to make sure you keep your weight high and reps low.

Protein shakes would speed up the weight gaining process too. Just make sure you get mass building protein, and drink a larg shake after every workout. I also found that it help to workout and drink protien at night not long before you go to bed, because that way your body has all that down time to build up your muscles with the protein.

While being skinny kind of sucks (I know because I am) it's also a good thing because your body is already ready to start building nice muscle tone, you don't have to worry about loosing the fat to uncover the muscles.

Hope this is helpful mate!
Nice suit by the way! :)

I have very high metabolism too. Here's some tips for gaining wait. Don't just eat lots of food, make sure you're eating the RIGHT foods. Anything high in protein is what you want, such as dark meats like beef, peanut butter, eggs, cheese, and beans. But don't just eat protein, balance it out with carbs and veggies.

And when you workout you want to make sure you're doing the RIGHT workouts. Stay away from cardio, while it's good to keep your heart healthy, if you do lots of cardio you will not gain weight because you'll just burn off everything you eat because of your high metabolism. You want to go as heavy as you can on the weights and do small sets, rather than going with small weight and doing lots of reps. It's best to keep the weight to where that you max out (get to the point that you can't lift the weight again) at about 8 reps. So for instance do 8 reps of curls with heavy weights, than move in to push ups or something to work your triceps, alternate between different muscles so that your not just tiring out. So you'll go from one thing to the next until you've done about 8 different things and then rest for about 60 seconds and go through all the same stuff again, do that about 4 to 6 times. And then you can rest and move on to working a different part of your body.
The main thing is just to make sure you keep your weight high and reps low.

Protein shakes would speed up the weight gaining process too. Just make sure you get mass building protein, and drink a larg shake after every workout. I also found that it help to workout and drink protien at night not long before you go to bed, because that way your body has all that down time to build up your muscles with the protein.

While being skinny kind of sucks (I know because I am) it's also a good thing because your body is already ready to start building nice muscle tone, you don't have to worry about loosing the fat to uncover the muscles.

Hope this is helpful mate!
Nice suit by the way! :)

This is great advice, thank you! :) Much appreciated :thumbsup

This is great advice, thank you! :) Much appreciated :thumbsup

You're welcome, glad I could help!
I've been kind of lazy lately but back a few months ago when I was actually working out and doing the things stated above, I gained about 10 lbs in a month.
I'm about to start back at it to get ready for my ASM suit, and I found this article with a pretty good diet plan, thought you might also find it helpful: Muscle and Brawn Bodybuilding, Powerlifting and Muscle Building. – 5 Easy Tips for Bodybuilding Bulking

I've been making a few running repairs on the morph suit from where it's stretched and ripped. 'twas good sewing practice either way haha!

IMAG0001-1.jpg

And the webshooters have been painted up and glued into place:

IMAG0007-1.jpg

Finally, just a couple of fun photos I took:

IMAG00052-1.jpg

IMAG0010.jpg

Also, update on the exercise regime:
I've gained a couple of pounds since starting this weight-gaining process a little over a month ago and I'm starting to get a 6-pack and pecks. Boo Yah! :p
Although my arms haven't bulked up much yet. Still, practice makes perfect...

Re: Scarlet-Spider costume (Almost there!)

what did you use to paint the spider on the chest of the hoodie it looks awesome hows it fare in the wash ?

what did you use to paint the spider on the chest of the hoodie it looks awesome hows it fare in the wash ?

I was going to use simple black spray paint but it turned out the can I had had run out :rolleyes
Instead I just used some black acrylic paint, so I haven't dared put it in the wash yet :lol

I managed to pick up a fairly large (4.5ft x 1.5ft) piece of brown leatherette today for £3 (can't complain about that!)

IMAG0007%20(2)_zps80132d10.jpg

Got the nets glued in place at the moment. Shall wait for them to dry then it's onto cutting them out along with pieces for the straps.
I might also add in some stitching detail on the sewing machine later on to make them looks a bit less plain.

IMAG0009_zps72e20160.jpg

Also started on the belt. The buckle's just a simple paper mache job which'll be painted up and a magnet added to the back to attach it to the belt (used from either the leatherette fabric or a cheap belt if I find one in the coming days)

IMAG0008_zpscb81caa2.jpg

I'll keep you all posted. These pieces should be done by the end of the week.

Stay tuned and thanks for looking :)

Well, I guess I won't be able to finish the pouches and belt by the end of the week now as it turns out i'm going for a short holiday until the 25th of September.

So yeah, it's postponed 'til the end of next week instead :lol:rolleyes

In the words of Prune-Face: "Actually I lied."

I managed to squeeze in some more work last night before heading off later today.
Got the belt all finished:

Painted:

IMAG00012_zps49e32315.jpg

Test fitting:

IMAG00082_zpsf98371b6.jpg

Also started on the straps for the ankle pouches made from the same leatherette material:

IMAG00092_zpse98ce3be.jpg

That's it for now :)
Almost closing in on the finishing line. Just the pouches themselves to sew up and glue together, and finding some aqua shoes for the soles of the feet and then we're done :p

This thread is more than 10 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back