Scarlet-Spider Costume Completed (+Convention Pics)

Re: Scarlet-Spider costume (99% done)

love the morph suit!! you can make a dead pool with that one.

If I can get another one for fairly cheap then Deadpool will certainly be on the list of costumes to make. Though I feel like make some sort of armoured costume before that, like a Halo Spartan or an Iron Man costume, just to take a break from fabric-based costumes xD

Update:

Seeing as the Aqua-shoes were proving devilishly hard to find in stores, I settled for a cheap pair of plimsolls from the wonders of Primark for £3.
All I need is the sole, so I'll cut the rest of the shoe off and then glue and/or stitch it to the morphsuit.

IMAG0022.jpg

I'll update you all once I've got them glued and/or sewn in place, which will be the suit all completed xD

...and then you have my permission to die.

Last edited:

Looks pretty cool so far. The one suggestion I have is to remove the pocket from your hoodie. In the comics Ben doesn't have one. It should be fairly easy to remove with a seam ripper and a few minutes of time. Just take your time and don't try to rush it and tear it, that is what I did and ripped a hole in mine.

Good work its nice to see the kids paying their respect to ole Ben Reily. Instead of gaining weight did you think about carving muscles out of foam?

Looks pretty cool so far. The one suggestion I have is to remove the pocket from your hoodie. In the comics Ben doesn't have one. It should be fairly easy to remove with a seam ripper and a few minutes of time. Just take your time and don't try to rush it and tear it, that is what I did and ripped a hole in mine.

Ah right, thanks :)

Good work its nice to see the kids paying their respect to ole Ben Reily. Instead of gaining weight did you think about carving muscles out of foam?

I was thinking about the foam route but I wasn't sure if it'd look natural enough :/

Re: Scarlet-Spider costume Completed

Right, so I got the soles glued on last night. I was going to stitch them as well but the rubber on the shoes was so damn thick I kept puncturing my fingers/ hands with the needle rather than actually stitching anything.
So I gave up with that and instead just hot-glued the whole thing. Mind you, that didn't turn out particularly pleasing to the eye, but as a fellow friend whom is also making a SS costume put it, "I'm going for functionality over fashion.", because I'd rather have the costume looking a bit tacky than having it falling apart throughout the course of the convention :p

IMAG0026.jpg

IMAG0027.jpg

IMAG0025.jpg

^As you can see, they still have a fair bit of flex in them even with the amount of glue used!

IMAG0032.jpg

So yeah, that's essentially the costume completed :D Just got the pocket to remove from the hoodie as well now.

Next photos to be posted will be from the event itself. Stay tuned ;D

Last Minute Update:

I just added some popper things to the pouch-flaps, which were originally held in place using double-sided tape. I was looking everywhere for some of these beforehand and lo-and-behold, there were three of them on the packaging for my morph-suit all this time -.-' :lol

IMG_20121024_231254-1.jpg

Got back from the convention yesterday :) Needless to say, it and the Muse concert on the Friday were both freakin' epic!
I didn't get many photos with the mask on as I literally couldn't see jack-**** through the eye fabric, something I'll need to modify later on down the line. My webshooters started coming loose part-way through the Saturday and thankfully stayed on for the rest of the weekend. The soles surprising stayed in place perfectly however :p

Full photos from the event can be found on my Facebook page:
Facebook

IMAG0088.jpg

IMAG0053.jpg

IMAG0049.jpg

534647_477002302353790_1330188125_n.jpg

579433_10151206758162290_1499856981_nm.jpg

Well It's been a fun ride, building up to another amazing Expo convention and it's been a great learning experience when making this costume. Thank you all for looking and commenting on the thread over the past few months and I hope you've enjoyed it as much as I have :)

As my girlfriend and I went as Spidey and Catwoman this year, we are planning on doing matching costumes for next year instead (hopefully the May expo for a change), such as Lady-Deadpool + Deadpool or something else along those lines :p

Last edited:
Re: Scarlet-Spider Costume (Updated with Convention Pics)

I saw you and thought it was you lol... I said to my missus I'm sure he is from the RPF lol!!!

I saw you and thought it was you lol... I said to my missus I'm sure he is from the RPF lol!!!

Ahaha, we'll have to meet up at the May and/or October one next year, like a massive RPF gathering xD :cool

Good job man I like the Maximum Clonage type pic. How many Scarlet Spiders were at the con?

Good job man I like the Maximum Clonage type pic. How many Scarlet Spiders were at the con?

Thanks man :) I saw another two, but there was another guy who I found via Facebook who was also going as SS but I never managed to find him while at the con :(

I know it's a bit late to tell you all this, but instead of bulking up to fit in the Scarlet Spider persona a bit more, he could use this inexpensive method and wear it under the suit www.youtube.com/watch?v=uj1t_ZdDv-sp

Thanks man, I really appreciate this :) I'm thinking that's going to be the best option tbh, seeing as I gain less weight than a fly :lol
And don't worry, it's not too late as I'm planning on making some modifications to suti soon anyway.

Which con was this? Great suit mate

Thanks for the feedback ^.^ It was at the October MCM Expo in London last year.

welcome to the clone club! there arent many of us, but we have jackets! lol

but seriously, great job! i like your replacement for the aqua shoes. i might have to try that with my suit instead of the aqua versions. theyre a little rough on your feet after being in them for a few hours. especially when youre doing all sorts of spidey poses.

welcome to the clone club! there arent many of us, but we have jackets! lol

but seriously, great job! i like your replacement for the aqua shoes. i might have to try that with my suit instead of the aqua versions. theyre a little rough on your feet after being in them for a few hours. especially when youre doing all sorts of spidey poses.

Haha, thanks. Glad to be a part of it! ^_^

This thread is more than 10 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back