Scarlet-Spider Costume Completed (+Convention Pics)

Re: Scarlet-Spider costume WIP

Did you go with Navy, Royal Blue, or Sky Blue?
I always thought the lighter shade looked better for the sweatshirt, so I might grab a sky blue one myself, just for future projects :p

Sorry, must've missed your comment :wacko
I went with the Royal Blue option, I thought Navy was too dark and Sky was a bit too light :/
But to each their own tbh :lol

Re: Scarlet-Spider costume (Almost there!)

You may want to look into trying crossfit. Find a local box in your area. Those workouts are going to give lean muscle, and its pretty think less, you show up do the workout they tell you to do and go home haha!! GREAT SUIT BTW

You may want to look into trying crossfit. Find a local box in your area. Those workouts are going to give lean muscle, and its pretty think less, you show up do the workout they tell you to do and go home haha!! GREAT SUIT BTW

Awesome, thanks :)

Great costume! I like the hoodie, looks spot on. I noticed that you were doing some hand stitching on your suit. Would you mind telling me what sort of stitch you used? And maybe a picture of the seam that you did it on? I bought a zentai suit myself, but I wanted to do some alterations to make it fit a bit better. Cheers! :thumbsup

How did you make the lenes

The lenses themselves are made from craft-foam and the white fabric is glued to them, using a hot-glue gun to be specific :) This is all then sandwiched onto the mask with more hot-glue.

Great costume! I like the hoodie, looks spot on. I noticed that you were doing some hand stitching on your suit. Would you mind telling me what sort of stitch you used? And maybe a picture of the seam that you did it on? I bought a zentai suit myself, but I wanted to do some alterations to make it fit a bit better. Cheers! :thumbsup

Thank you, glad you like it :) I've just been using simple cross and running stitches when it comes to repairing the zentai suit. These photos are of the armpit sections that ripped while trying the suit on (probably due to over-stretching it) Sorry they didn't come out too well:

IMG_20120730_120852.jpg

IMG_20120730_120908.jpg

Hope this helps, and best of luck with the alterations to your suit :)

Nice, i like the 2ndwhite set of eys you made

Thanks man :) I'd have used them if it weren't for their size and the fact I'd need two layers of foam to cover up the stitching, making them less flexible to position.

Pouches = Done

Sorry for the crap image quality -.-'

IMAG0005-1.jpg

IMAG0008.jpg

Didn't realise until after I took the photos that one of the straps was glued on the wrong way, my bad.
Also the stitching didn't come out as perfectly as I wanted it to due to being done by hand rather than on a machine.

Just one more hurdle to go (soles) and then it's all completed ready for MCM Expo on the 27th-28th October.

Re: Scarlet-Spider costume (99% done)

Hey, Rodimus. I'm new here, and wanting to build my own Scarlet Spider costume. I wanted to go the way of getting a template pattern and sewing my own suit, but I see you did a really good job with a simple Morphsuit. If you don't mind me asking, how much did you spend all together in the materials, and how many hours have you put into the work?

Hey, Rodimus. I'm new here, and wanting to build my own Scarlet Spider costume. I wanted to go the way of getting a template pattern and sewing my own suit, but I see you did a really good job with a simple Morphsuit. If you don't mind me asking, how much did you spend all together in the materials, and how many hours have you put into the work?

Hi mate :) Thanks for the interest. Someone on here a while back made a printed Scarlet-Spider costume with the Raimi-Style block pattern:

http://www.therpf.com/f24/scarlet-spider-pic-heavy-105788/

Definitely my source of inspiration behind this project :)
Best place to look for a template would be here in The Junkyard, or asking around on other costuming sites.
Better quality but just a bit more costly than using a morph-suit :/

So far I've spent roughly £34 in total, excluding around £5 for the aqua-shoes as a guestimate. And I reckon I've put a good couple of months work in this.
Hope this helps :)

Hi mate :) Thanks for the interest. Someone on here a while back made a printed Scarlet-Spider costume with the Raimi-Style block pattern:

http://www.therpf.com/f24/scarlet-spider-pic-heavy-105788/

Definitely my source of inspiration behind this project :)
Best place to look for a template would be here in The Junkyard, or asking around on other costuming sites.
Better quality but just a bit more costly than using a morph-suit :/

So far I've spent roughly £34 in total, excluding around £5 for the aqua-shoes as a guestimate. And I reckon I've put a good couple of months work in this.
Hope this helps :)

Thanks for the link and the estimate. That's about what? $45 US?

Also, I see a lot of people talking about Zentai and Morphsuit. What's the difference, if there is one?

Thanks for the link and the estimate. That's about what? $45 US?

Also, I see a lot of people talking about Zentai and Morphsuit. What's the difference, if there is one?

Yeah, around $45-$50.
I don't think so, just different brand names from what I understand :/

Yeah, around $45-$50.
I don't think so, just different brand names from what I understand :/

Rodimus - Just ordered my morphsuit from Superfans.com and a blue hoodie from JiffyShirts.com. They should be here sometime this weekend. My total so far in just those two items will bring it to about $70 US.

Where did you get the template for your spider logo? Download or hand-drawn?

Rodimus - Just ordered my morphsuit from Superfans.com and a blue hoodie from JiffyShirts.com. They should be here sometime this weekend. My total so far in just those two items will bring it to about $70 US.

Where did you get the template for your spider logo? Download or hand-drawn?

Ah nice one :) Again, best of luck with you costume!
The logo was hand drawn, though I'm sure there's a template floating around somewhere online also.

long time lurker, been keeping an eye on your progress as I'm a huge Ben Reilly fan - I actually just picked up a Scarlet Spider mask and have decided to go the whole way and build a costume - I was just wondering where you got your morphsuit from as it looks like a good colour and a good fit (and I think I saw you say it was only £15 too)

long time lurker, been keeping an eye on your progress as I'm a huge Ben Reilly fan - I actually just picked up a Scarlet Spider mask and have decided to go the whole way and build a costume - I was just wondering where you got your morphsuit from as it looks like a good colour and a good fit (and I think I saw you say it was only £15 too)

Ah, I've been a long-time lurker myself :p Nice! I'll keep an eye out for your thread on here ;D
I got the morph-suit in a fancy-dress shop in Sheffield's shopping centre, Meadowhall (can't remember the name of the shop itself :/ ) But, yeah, £15's the cheapest I've seen, most are normally around £20+

Great work. Obviously a lot of work and thought went into this. Ive enjoyed seeing how you progressed

Update:

Nothing new as far as the costume is concerned (still waiting on finding a pair of Aqua-shoes) but I got some photos taken today of the suit all-together, pouches, belt et al.

Front:

IMAG0005-2.jpg

Back:

IMAG0007.jpg

I've added a little pouch on the belt for things like batteries and other little bits and pieces to carry around with me at the event.

And a final pose-shot:

IMAG0011.jpg

So yeah, just waiting on the aqua-shoes and then that's it until the 27th of this month. I'll be sure to post some photos after the convention :)

This thread is more than 10 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back