My Gambit Costume

IROCthisZ28

So this year my gf and I decided to do Rogue and Gambit, and I've been busy here trying to find out the best way to go about these two costumes. I've seen pretty much EVERY thread on here, and was hoping for some input from you guys :rolleyes This is the version I decided to go with:
712833-gambit.jpg

I started out with what I figured were the hardest parts of my costume... The armor and weapons. First I decided to tackle the leg guards, because this is where my own idea came mostly into play. I noticed Gambit does not have an X logo really anywhere on his outfit like most of the other X-Men do. However he does have a triangle on his knees on his leg guards. So I figured why not put one there? I went ahead and made a template on some plastic, and then transfered the design on some foam and cut it out.
IMAG0493.jpg

IMAG0492.jpg

IMAG0491.jpg

These are the guards I went with, Im going to sand them a bit, apply the X logos, and spray them over
homerun-wilson-catcher-leg-guard-a3510.jpg

I started making the cards before I realized the LEDs were thicker than the acrylic I was using for the card. So homefully these new flat LEDs will fit better in it, OR I will have to use a different approach.

I love the ingenuity behind the Gambit builds on here. Looks like you are off to a good start. Can't wait to see how the shin guards turn out. Good luck!

The leg guards arrived today, theres a small problem with the size I made my X's and the size of the knee cap area. I might have to scale it down some =( Thats what I get for rushing and not waiting to get the components together

Just throught I would throw a quick update on here, figured out the card LED situation and thought I'd share. This set up is less than 1/4" thick =)

Liking the shin guard! I really love the X incorporation. Even though he eventually became a professor for Jean Grey, he never really donned the X like everyone else. I guess it had to do with his 'tievin' side ;)!

And I know we were going back and forth in pm, but can't wait to see your card! Progressively improving our's as well. Will more than likely completely remake the chest plate too.

Thanks guys, been trying so many different ideas on this. I'm going to try and reposition the LEDS to the outter edges a bit more. Might make some other card suits just have been really busy lately.
Celtic if.you want I can send you pics on exactly how I did mine. I know you want to incorporate the purple LEDS as well, so it might be a little harder but i can give you an idea at least :)

Long time gambit fan, can't wait to see how this turns out! Let me know if you find a golf place to get a sick trench! I've always been a fan of that coat! It's like a grown up, semi publicly acceptable cape!

Well I have a trench I got, it isn't exact but you'll know who in trying to be. My budget on this costume was very very small (under $120), so I had to search through a LOT of thrift stores. Being summertime there isn't much regarding trench coats. Most of the cost of this build was the coat and leg guards. I got my guards through eBay for $30 shipped brand new (even though the item is over $80), coat was $20, LEDs, batteries, card jackets under $15, and $30 in material for the costume. I had attempted a NCR veteran vest and failed. So I reused the foam from that for muscles and neckpiece.I also had some left over PVC from a rifle build I made into a staff. The rest is just cutting and sewing now which i suck at :/

Sorry for the delayed pics, been so busy trying to get ready for Comic con its been crazy here. Here are two pics I had a chance to upload before I went. I left the cowl off for these cause it wasn't ready yet. Will post more later if I get a chance after CC
ResizedImage951350068277876.jpg

ResizedImage951350068465379.jpg

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back