Justice League

The Marvel movies work because they're fun. Can Nolan make a "fun" movie? I don't think so...

While I dislike his version of the Batman story, I understand that some people liked it... I can even understand why they liked it to some extent. I just don't think that take on the Justice League will work that well.

I hope I'm wrong...

It will work, and you will like it!
I will give it a chance. But, I'm doubtful... Nolan's yet to make a movie that I've liked... him making a Justice League movie is pretty much the silliest idea ever - his take on Batman just doesn't seem to work for the JLA - if it works for you - great.

Darker does not mean better... Marvel proved make the movies fun and you can have great superhero movies.

Unless Nolan starts out with an all new continuity, his Batman will not serve as a base for a JL franchise.

Why?

There is no way that the events of the third film could have happened. Superman would have simply flown in, located the bomb, chucked it into deep space, beat the crap out of Bane, and rescued the cops trapped below.

All before the dust from the stadium collapse had settled.

Not only the third film tho. Nolan changed the characters alot that it just wouldnt work. While i enjoyed the "realistic" batman stories he just cant pull that same thing of in a justice league movie. DC movies can work if less fun then the Marvel movies but atm that isnt the problem with recent DC movies.

Unless Nolan starts out with an all new continuity, his Batman will not serve as a base for a JL franchise.

Why?

There is no way that the events of the third film could have happened. Superman would have simply flown in, located the bomb, chucked it into deep space, beat the crap out of Bane, and rescued the cops trapped below.

All before the dust from the stadium collapse had settled.

No, you see what happened is that Supes flew in and saved Batman before the bomb detonated. How else could Batman have survived that blast and made it to that lovely city with Catwoman and Alfred?

It all makes sense now ;)

No, you see what happened is that Supes flew in and saved Batman before the bomb detonated. How else could Batman have survived that blast and made it to that lovely city with Catwoman and Alfred?

It all makes sense now ;)

Specifically stated as the autopilot having been fixed six months prior to the "death" of Batman, but whatever...

Yeah, you gotta be correct. After all, it's Supes' standard operating procedure to ignore his own values and allow a madman with a nuke to take over one of the most prominent cities in the DC verse, trap most of the law enforcement underground, cut off all outside access, kill anyone who is law enforcement still above ground, or just annoying, foment chaos and the breakdown of civilized society, and generally act like a dick.

What, was Kal-El hanging with Lois in the Fortress getting a super mani/pedi during those FIVE MONTHS of anarchy?

If Superman can be a dead beat dad to go check out the ruins of his destroyed home world for 5 years I have no problem accepting that he had a "it's Batman's problem" attitude about Bane :lol

Well...while I have a LOT of problems with DC overall and the live action films I will say this.

Go with the DC Characters who are well known/had films or TV shows:

Batman-we can forget Nolan's take and just toss him in i.e. maybe tie him into the first Keaton films.

Superman-he's had plenty of movies and TV shows and this new one coming out so just roll with it.

Flash-he DID have a TV show so with some new actors just manhandle picking it up from back then.

Green Lantern-I actually thought the film was okay,not spectacular but good so no problem there.

Wonder Woman.....un...well....we had the 70's TV show so...I guess just fling her in? (though God knows she's one of those DC creations that just NEVER goes well on screen :unsure)

The only guy you'd have to take a flying chance at introducing in the film would be Martian Manhunter..........

You'know what? this is gonna ether be the next Avengers class superhero movie on the biggest bomb since the old comic book movies in the 80's :lol

I just don't get Flash or Wonder Woman.....

I mean Flash is just a guy that can run really fast....what use is that, unless you're late for the post office or something....

Wonder woman is just too outlandish .....i mean...she's like Superman in drag....with a lasso, and an invisible plane..(!)

Characters that just don't have real world relevance or believeability!

Rich

I just don't get Flash or Wonder Woman.....

I mean Flash is just a guy that can run really fast....what use is that, unless you're late for the post office or something....

Wonder woman is just too outlandish .....i mean...she's like Superman in drag....with a lasso, and an invisible plane..(!)

Rich

actually flash is faster than superman, also he can vibrate his molecules to go through walls and basicly everything, also, try shooting or hitting something you cant see.

Wonder womans invisible jet is retired, she can fly now. she is allmost equal to superman, so if you dont want her you can leave out superman as well.

She's a warrior who has a different set of morals than both Batman and Superman and doesn't have an origin shrouded in tragedy. She's more open about her compassion and in some depictions, doesn't use a secret identity.

Plus she's been known to do this sort of thing.

attachment.php

She's a warrior who has a different set of morals than both Batman and Superman and doesn't have an origin shrouded in tragedy. She's more open about her compassion and in some depictions, doesn't use a secret identity.

Plus she's been known to do this sort of thing.

attachment.php

Don't forget this sort of thing...

82925-135722-maxwell-lord_super.jpg

Rich

A kid gets bitten by a radioactive spider. Instead of dying of radiation poisoning he gets super strength, extra sensory perception, and can stick to walls.

A guy gets nuked with gamma radiation. Instead of dying of radiation poisoning he now changes skin color and gains considerable mass when angry.

A group of four astronauts get hit with cosmic rays. Instead of dying of radiation poisoning one turns into rubber, one's invisible, one can set himself on fire without any damage to himself, and one turns into rock.

Yeah, Marvel's really got DC beat on the believability factor there.

A kid gets bitten by a radioactive spider. Instead of dying of radiation poisoning he gets super strength, extra sensory perception, and can stick to walls.

A guy gets nuked with gamma radiation. Instead of dying of radiation poisoning he now changes skin color and gains considerable mass when angry.

A group of four astronauts get hit with cosmic rays. Instead of dying of radiation poisoning one turns into rubber, one's invisible, one can set himself on fire without any damage to himself, and one turns into rock.

Yeah, Marvel's really got DC beat on the believability factor there.

Wow, i'm being berated and accused of being a Marvel FanBoy?

There's a lot of ludicrous "heroes" out there....i was just giving my opinion on what i believe to be crap hero concepts.....

Spidey's interesting...he climbs walls, swings on webs, has spider sense, : Interesting

The Hulk is huge and smashy, always angry, with a charismatic alter ego..: interesting.

The FF, originally billed as superheroes with real life problems, they're interesting as a concept and a family....

Flash is a guy that runs fast and apparently vibrates....

Wonder Woman always looks ridiculous on screen, (except occasionally as an objet d'lust)

I like Batman, i like Supes, i even kind of like Green Lantern and Green Arrow....the other 2 just make me go, HUH?

Rich

sorry, but if you do not know the right backstory of the chars, you cant argue. its fine if you say you like or dont like them, but at least give other reasons than: i dont like him because hes fast, or i dont like her because she looks ridiculous
if you know all the back stories about those heros, you might think different.

all superheroes are ridiculous. they all have powers from some strange incident, be it being an alien, a mutant, or some kind of experiment. nothing is realistic about it.

for all i know they could make a hero that can throw poop. it doesnt matter. every superhero can be good or bad on screen, if the script is right.

so, just because it wasnt done right so far, doesnt mean they are bad. just the script writers are.
im pretty sure the wonder woman script that joss whedon made, was amazing, and WB is just stupid for not making it.

Wow, i'm being berated and accused of being a Marvel FanBoy?

I knew I should have added a smiley at the end of my last post.

Don't recall accusing you of fanboyism. I wasn't berating (I'll cop to snarking). I was playing devil's advocate,simplifying some Marvel characters to prove a point that both companies have characters that don't seem believable or relatable when looked at superficially. Calling Thor a Superman knock-off with a hammer is superficial. Saying that Thor is the crown prince of Asgard who was banished to Earth to learn humility then grew to love a human woman and protect Earth makes him interesting. Calling Batman a guy dressed like a bat's superficial. But when he's an orphan who devotes his life to fighting crime so that no little boy has to go through the horror of seeing his parents gunned down in front of him he's interesting. It's a matter of perspective.

I was a Marvel fanboy growing up, which is probably why I took "One More Day" worse than I took "Flashpoint." I just can't give Marvel my money anymore. I wish I could.

I don't care for a lot of Marvel's editorial direction over the past 10 years, but they've done a fantastic job with their properties in theaters. DC can't make a decent film to save their jobs that doesn't have Batman in it, and even then the batting average leaves something to be desired. Marvel's bothering to give their properties good scripts and putting in the effort to do things right. Warner added an illegitimate child to the Superman 1 script, slapped the name "Catwoman" on a script that bore no resemblance to the character just to bank on the name, utterly miscast and disrespected what at the time was their biggest non-Batman comic with Green Lantern, and called it a day. WB/DC doesn't give a damn about showing their properties or fans the respect they deserve, and this naked grab to cash in on the Avengers' success will likely reflect that.

Worth noting also that ridiculous concepts can be used for amazing storytelling in the hands of a competent writer. Geoff Johns has IMO achieved what writers have been striving to do since the '70s: make Aquaman cool.

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back