Justice League

https://moviepilot.com/p/stop-judging-movies-too-soon/4187022 certain fan sites are loving the title of this article ;o)

I will never get why people want folks to stop pre judging things. not just here, but all over the internet.

dare to say something about a beloved franchise, and the claws come out.
then you have articles like this one that practically demand people stop. otherwise, the supportive people throw a hissy fit.

Face it cupcakes. if it looks like crap and smells like crap, it probably is .... movies don't have feelings
smile.png

Most users where afraid to say it was crap because of a certain fringe element that would trash you and your rep if you dared to say you disliked it.
thus is born the anti fan
smile.png

Last edited:
While I personally agree with the article author that the 2016 Ghostbusters wasn't that bad and didn't deserve the vitriol, the same cannot be said for the DCEU. In this movie cycle, DC has put out:
* Man of Steel
* Batman V Superman
* Suicide Squad

Only one of those movies has met any critical regard whatsoever (and I'm being generous as the critical score for MoS on Rotten Tomatoes is at 55%). Now, granted, they're superhero movies. Generally speaking, the critics can be taken with the proverbial grain of salt. However, the FANS haven't liked them either, by and large. Again, MoS has the best approval rating on RT at 75%.

When you compare that to the MCU, which has only had a single movie come out at less than 70% positive from critics (The Incredible Hulk), it's clear that there is a huge problem inside DC's movie unit and the fans are, frankly, right to have concerns.

Ghostbusters was every bit as bad as I expected and then some. I was actually physically uncomfortable during almost every scene with Kate McKinnon. Everything else was just a mess. The article mentions great chemistry with the characters. I thought just the opposite.

What I think the author of that article fails to understand is that fans have been seeing the same trash being churned out with a different name for the last decade or so and are tired of it. Between reboots and turning old 1960's/70's/80's TV shows into feature length movies the fans are just tired. Tired of being fed crap. Then you have movies like DCEU that seem to be driven more by WB/DC's need to replicate Marvel's success than trying to make something that meets the standards of the fans. It doesn't help when they recruit people like Zach Snyder. I give credit to Snyder for visual flare. Sucker Punch.... visually amazing. 300 looked great and from what I understand follows the source material frame for frame. Man of Steel... looked great. But he fails miserably on substance. I think he's better suited for music videos and commercials than for making movies.

If the studios don't want their movies judged before releasing them, stop leaking so much during the production and do like the old days.... a couple trailers and a movie. These days we get too much information making it too easy to judge. Like watching some prepare a meal. "Eww... that chicken looks disgusting". "Well, yeah, because it's not cooked yet... can youjust wait until it's on the plate and you taste it?"

When they constantly "leak" out raw footage of unfinished scenes from an unfinished movie, yeah, people are going to pass judgment based on that. This would be a perfect time to make a political comparison but I've been warned before not to do that. ;)

Bottom line... some trailers are the fart for the turd that will follow. Fans should be critical because otherwise we'll eventually end up with feature length reality shows in theaters instead of quality movies.

Not really a fan of the author of that article. While I do agree that the actors in Ghostbusters dont deserve to be personally attacked, it should be free reign to criticize the actual movie, and the decisions the filmmakers made. The author doesnt seem to realize, that when studios put this kind of stuff out (promo images) they also do so to get an idea of fan reaction, so they have time to change it. When WW debuted with a brown suit and everyone hated it? They changed it to her iconic red and blue. Also, just because the dudes name is cyborg, doesnt mean he has to look like a T-800, which he doesnt, he looks more like a GI Joe character. I think it would be a safe bet that the author is a DC fanboy and just focuses on the things the he likes(new Batsuit, which if you dont see the Owl then youre blind) and doesnt acknowledge the lackluster design of some characters. And yes, when there is something is adapted from something that is already existing, and its not done correctly, of course people arent going to buy it. Of course fans are going to be critical. Fan is based off of the word "fanatic". While I enjoyed Dredd, it wasnt what this guy said it was, he was acting like it was a cinematic masterpiece or something :rolleyes

'journalists' today have to remember to keep your passion out of articles, cause sometimes they tend to make you forget the fact that you're trying to report ;o)... all 'journalists' seem to be 25 year old bloggers these days :)

Don't confuse journalist with a feature writer or columnist.

That crossed my mind. I sometimes wonder what the qualifications are for a lot of people writing articles on internet "news" sites these days. I actually just assume they're more often fans that have made enough positive comments on the site and ask to write feature length "comments" and the site takes them on. I'm sure that's not actually how it works but when I read a lot of these "articles" (more like commentaries) I usually find at least a few glaring spelling/grammar errors that pushes me to believe they have no formal journalism background.

I try to reserve judgement until I see it for myself. I will say that I caught Man of Steel, Batman v Superman, and Suicide Squad on opening night and, honestly, I don't know that I'll go out of my way to see another DC film opening weekend... if at all. I'm cautiously optimistic since Warner Bros. granted more creative control to Geoff Johns.

I try to reserve judgement until I see it for myself. I will say that I caught Man of Steel, Batman v Superman, and Suicide Squad on opening night and, honestly, I don't know that I'll go out of my way to see another DC film opening weekend... if at all. I'm cautiously optimistic since Warner Bros. granted more creative control to Geoff Johns.

you did one more than me. they took my money for the last time with BvS. A movie that big and i have no desire whatsoever to ever see it again.

When will WB admit they just don't get these characters anymore? Or feel they need to change them so much because they've been rebooted so many damn times?

you did one more than me. they took my money for the last time with BvS. A movie that big and i have no desire whatsoever to ever see it again.

And you made it one more than me and several of my movie-going associates. We made it through MoS -- barely. That made us leery enough of what Snyder was doing with his creative license that we didn't see the other two in theaters at all. I splurged to rent them from a local video store that had already spent the money on them, so we could see. Probably dk the same with JL, so we can keep updated and thus critique intelligently on it, but no more DC box office money from us until we see something that justifies it.

--Jonah

And you made it ome more than me and several of my movie-going associates. We made it through MoS -- barely. That made us leery enough of what Snyder was doing with his creative license that we didn't see the other two in theaters at all. I splurged to rent them from a local video store that had already spent the money on them, so we could see. Probably dk the same with JL, so we can keep updated and thus critique intelligently on it, but no more DC box office money from us until we see something that justifies it.

--Jonah

i will probably rent JL. the only way I will rent SS is if Rifftrax does it.

MOS was terrible, but i thought, how could they POSSIBLY screw up something so long awaited?

yet, they managed to do it spectacularly.

Justice League teasers.

Check them out here.

Not making much of a sell. Visually looks good but dear God DC picks the worst music for their trailers.

I'll have to disagree. MOS, and BVS only used scores for their trailers and it was good. SS picked two songs that worked amazingly well for their trailers. Whether you like the song is another story. For JL they only used this song for a preview and for pretty much ten seconds in these teasers.

Gives me a live action version of an animated movie vibe, I hope we don't get drenched in more teasers and trailers. And please DO NOT SHOW THE FINAL VILLAIN IN THE TRAILER

Ba ba ba ba ba ba ba ba BAT-TURN!!!!

I seriously can't believe they'd take such a huge step back. While BVS was a mess, the fight choreography in the building scene was crazy.... you can't fight like that in what essentially equates to a neck brace.

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back