Justice League

I think the main problem for the casual movie goer is that at the moment Bale is Batman. They'd have to find away around that first. Plus I don't believe they need individual movies to do the JL movie. Maybe I'm wrong but only Batman, Superman and maybe WW are well known enough by the general public to carry off their own films.

They could/should put some sort of JL references in Man of Steel just to test the water.
They'll get over it. I mean we had Keaton, Clooney and Kilmer in the matter of just a few years... and Bale followed Batman & Robin just 7 years later... and while B&R was a critical and fanboy failure - it still made money.

They'll get over it. I mean we had Keaton, Clooney and Kilmer in the matter of just a few years... and Bale followed Batman & Robin just 7 years later... and while B&R was a critical and fanboy failure - it still made money.

I can't believe it was only 7 years between BB and B&R!

I just think they'll come in for criticism from the Nolan fan boys if they do it too soon. I'm all for a new Batman if it means we finally get a JL movie. I'd be happy with Blake as Batman to get the JL movie sooner.

He was awesome in Hollywoodland.

tumblr_m8evjmDIn81qbhnrvo1_500.png

Problem is their on record as saying they want to 'cash in' on the avengers. They want JL more than any individual character right now and mainly because the avengers hit 1B worldwide.

I just don't think they want to take the time and lay the ground work. That'd put JL off what? 4-5 years from now and they don't want to wait. That said, I think it's possible to do the reverse. Start with JL and pick up the individuals from there. You'd want at least outlines of the individual movies done so you could make reference (possibly) to them in the movie. The end of JL1 could have an ending to tie it up and then add something that forces them all to go their own way (for individual flicks) to prep for JL2.

I just don't see them before farsighted enough to do it.

They may want to cash in, but they're not going to get this thing out fast. The release date I saw was 2015, three years from now. They don't have a script, they don't have actors, they don't even have a commitment from a director yet though they're saying they want Affleck. Unless they're going to go the Corman route, they've got some time to lay groundwork. They can release a couple of stand-alones (work a reference to other heroes into Superman, at least), and build up SOMETHING toward Justice League.

They may want to cash in, but they're not going to get this thing out fast. The release date I saw was 2015, three years from now. They don't have a script, they don't have actors, they don't even have a commitment from a director yet though they're saying they want Affleck. Unless they're going to go the Corman route, they've got some time to lay groundwork. They can release a couple of stand-alones (work a reference to other heroes into Superman, at least), and build up SOMETHING toward Justice League.

While true, it's still fast.

The Prequels, for example, were 3 years apart and they had a cast already. They started with the script and shot when it was done.

It was three years between nolan batmans as well and they had the cast and probably the crew already for the most part. Need the script to get the cast, then prep and shoot. Going from nothing to a film in 3 years is pretty fast. Especially considering how big an undertaking it should be. They can only go so fast. No one is going to sign on without a script and generally, even if there's a script before there's a director, the director either wants to be able to change it or have script input. I mean, this is the same crew that went through what? 3? Superman movie scripts and directs before settling on Superman Returns. And that was over the course of many years.

And again, everyone always leaves out Wonder Woman. :cry

I didn't really leave her out, it's just that outside of being an Amazonian goddess, I don't what she does in her day-to-day life, so I didn't know how to work her into that little scenario.

Clark Kent is a reporter, Bruce Wayne is a billionaire industrialist, Hal Jordan is a test pilot, the Flash was a scientist, Martian Manhunter is a..well..Martian manhunter, I guess :lol. Robin, depending on which version they go with, could be anything from a circus orphan, to Bruce Wayne's son. Aquaman kind of falls into the same boat as Diana - what does he do? I guess, they could have him working at a Long John Silvers restaurant - that would be pretty funny.

The wonder twins are hopefully non-existent, but will probably be the only movie that WB actually makes, just to have a movie with a talking monkey that they can market to kids :lol

I loved the Avengers movies, and the tie-ins from the other movies. I think JLA could cash in on the Avengers and still be done, correctly. Look at the the amount of time people invested from the first inklings in IM 1.

-Fred

I didn't really leave her out, it's just that outside of being an Amazonian goddess, I don't what she does in her day-to-day life, so I didn't know how to work her into that little scenario.

Clark Kent is a reporter, Bruce Wayne is a billionaire industrialist, Hal Jordan is a test pilot, the Flash was a scientist, Martian Manhunter is a..well..Martian manhunter, I guess :lol. Robin, depending on which version they go with, could be anything from a circus orphan, to Bruce Wayne's son. Aquaman kind of falls into the same boat as Diana - what does he do? I guess, they could have him working at a Long John Silvers restaurant - that would be pretty funny.

The wonder twins are hopefully non-existent, but will probably be the only movie that WB actually makes, just to have a movie with a talking monkey that they can market to kids :lol

I loved the Avengers movies, and the tie-ins from the other movies. I think JLA could cash in on the Avengers and still be done, correctly. Look at the the amount of time people invested from the first inklings in IM 1.

-Fred

Diana was actually a UN ambassador for a while as I recall...

From what ive seen so far it looks like they will start with man of steel and then work on the justice league. The stand alone movies would come after the JL.

Just read a fandango email that said Joseph Gorden Levitt is officially the new batman...

Anyone else hear anything?

Perhaps WB is aiming for a more gritty, serious film (similar to Nolan's Batman filcks) compared to the more lighthearted and fun style that Joss Whedon utilized in The Avengers.

You do remember Coulson getting speared through the chest from behind, right?

On topic:

I think they should concentrate more on getting the individual movies taken care of first.

They need to cast and make Batman, Wonder Woman, Flash, Martian Manhunter, and Green Lantern, at the very least. For a full round of core JL members, you will need Hawkman (or Hawkgirl) and possibly Aquaman.

Of course, a JL movie will all depend on how well Man of Steel does in the Box Office.

Out of all of them, I think that Batman and Wonder Woman will be hardest to cast and make.

Chris Nolan really set the bar high with the recent Bat-flicks, and finding someone who could play Bruce effectively will be a challenge.

Wonder Woman would probably be the most difficult, as the number of actresses who could play such a strong female role is pretty small (and if they cast Angelina Jolie or heaven forbid, Megan Fox, I will boycott the entire series out of spite). I still think that Joss Whedon was the best choice they ever had, but they decided against him a while back.

Based on the Nolan bat-flicks and what I've seen so far of Man of Steel, I won't be disappointed if this movie is never made.

Marvel did a lot of thing's right in their movie universe - the first thing was setting up a movie universe, not second guessing and making it seem forced.

JUSTICE LEAGUE May Be Looking For New Writers | Badass Digest

Anyone want to write a cool Justice league movie ?

the current one was scrapped. justice league has a bigger starting roster than avengers, and will really only have two origin movies that is out. (MOS,Green lantern) Nolan verse is closed for batman.

but with batman you really don't need a reboot origin movie for him , do it ala hulk where you know his origin, the actor and the current carnation is slightly different.
so 3 characters you dont have to do a back story on.

but then you have if you go with the rumored roster superman, batman, wonderwoman, martian manhunter, aquaman, green lantern, flash.

that leaves 4 characters with out origin movies and that people don't really know about.

what story line would you like to see as the justice league origin ? do you like the darkseid?

My personal opinion i like darkseid as a character but not as a first round bout, esp since avengers thanos and his army reminded me a lot of parademons and darkseid.

thoughts?

JUSTICE LEAGUE May Be Looking For New Writers | Badass Digest

Anyone want to write a cool Justice league movie ?

the current one was scrapped. justice league has a bigger starting roster than avengers, and will really only have two origin movies that is out. (MOS,Green lantern) Nolan verse is closed for batman.

but with batman you really don't need a reboot origin movie for him , do it ala hulk where you know his origin, the actor and the current carnation is slightly different.
so 3 characters you dont have to do a back story on.

but then you have if you go with the rumored roster superman, batman, wonderwoman, martian manhunter, aquaman, green lantern, flash.

that leaves 4 characters with out origin movies and that people don't really know about.

what story line would you like to see as the justice league origin ? do you like the darkseid?

My personal opinion i like darkseid as a character but not as a first round bout, esp since avengers thanos and his army reminded me a lot of parademons and darkseid.

thoughts?

New World Order story arc. It's a simple premise. Martians invading earth posing themselves as the next big superhero group bringing the JLA together to fight them off when there real plan is discovered. The core of the JLA is in it, none of the secondary characters, no need to introduce an ultimate villain like Darkseid or rehash old ones like Luthor or Ra's Al Ghul. Just a bunch of super powered aliens and it will take the JLA working together to defeat them.

OR do a Superfriends type thing. JLA versus the Legion of Doom/Injustice League. I would love to see a Hall of Doom prop.

Last edited:
This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back