MMPR Green ranger helmet pepakura question

wholesomejoe

I'm about to print this thing out, but I don't want to spend hours assembling it for it to not even fit. I read where some folks were having to scale it up to make it fit, I know we all have different size heads but as a general size.. where are people scaling these things to so that they aren't just ridiculously too small.. I'm an average guy with a normal sized head.. so... i've seen 261 and 270 so far.

i've got quite a fat face and my Iron Man is at 265 height and fits a bit tight... easiest way is to measure your head and try and get the height right then it should be ok though I'm sure someone with a bit more experience could give a deeper insight

mine is scaled at 1.047396

which makes it 241 cm high:
green_ranger_budget_costume_by_eyeofsauron-d4qlszu.jpg

I'm about to print this thing out, but I don't want to spend hours assembling it for it to not even fit. I read where some folks were having to scale it up to make it fit, I know we all have different size heads but as a general size.. where are people scaling these things to so that they aren't just ridiculously too small.. I'm an average guy with a normal sized head.. so... i've seen 261 and 270 so far.

I would do it just as bignatedegg56 said and measure the height of your head (then add just a few to allow for whatever medium you're working with. Once you get the height set the rest will scale to that and keep aspect ratio.

On a side note, Could you share a link to the file for me? I met jason david frank last year at a local con and he's coming back in march so I've been wanting to build his helmet to have him sign it.

So yours is at the default scaling then, because that's what it shows up as when you just open the file with no scaling.
ok well it seems like i didnt save. the first i built was too small, which was default scale.

dont know how much i added tho, sorry. if i find it i will tell you

let me ask you this, if you did scale it.. how did you rearrange the pieces to fit? I see several that just won't fit on one page no matter how to move them around.. how do you split them up or can you even do so?

sure you can, theres a blue square or so somewhere in the 2nd bar on top, its the 3rd (i think) button from the left, its called join/disjoin faces

just cut everything up as you need it ;)

when you scale the model/measure your head you need to measure from the lowest point (under your chin) to the very top of your head. Then be sure to add a little for padding and whatever medium you're going to build it out of.

In pepakura when you are talking measurements, they go from the very lowest to the very highest of the model.

I have mine scaled at 279 which is just about 11 inches so it gives me a little room to play with for the padding and such.

for those who are having problems with scaling the helmets to fit their head.

look at the image below it shows you where to measure from,

Coming_to_a_head.jpg

when you have your measurement shown how to above then add 1 inch, this will give you about 1/2 inch for padding.

my head size is 11inches (279.2mm) with the added inch for padding.

could someone share this file with me? i tried looking at the printable armory but i could not find it. any help would be awesome. thanks guys. :thumbsup :thumbsup

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back