Daredevil (Netflix Series)

Vivek

Master Member
Fox, Marvel talk swap as clock ticks on 'Daredevil' - Entertainment News, EXCLUSIVE, Media - Variety
Joe Carnahan is the possible choice for directing Daredevil. David Slade who was originally attached to direct it can't do it as he is busy with the Hannibal series.

Here is the more interesting bit.

"Sources say Marvel would give Fox more time to make "Daredevil" in return for the rights to use characters from the "Fantastic Four" universe, including the giant, world-devouring supervillain Galactus, rumored to play a key role in future Marvel pics. Marvel is also eyeing future use of the Silver Surfer, who in the comicbooks brokered a deal to serve as Galactus' herald in order to save his home planet."

Daredevil is such a cool character. They could make an amazing character to rival the "Trial of the Hulk" Daredevil. :lol
tvtrialincrediblehulk02.jpg

they will rush it and it will suck

theres no way they would give up the ff rights in exchange for a delay on daredevil. thats the sad truth

Multiple sites are reporting this. I could see Fox doing this as it seems they have more faith in daredevil than FF.

Yeah, if they can make a good go of it, itll appease the pain of remembering the last outing with Bent Affleck. The whole movie was like a music video, a very awful, soul destroying, music video.

lee

I don't think the DD movie is anywhere near as bad as it's remembered. Not perfect by any means, but still quite watchable. I would enjoy seeing the Director's Cut, as I hear it's a vast improvement on the theatrical release.

guys, its fox

nothing good will come from any comic/game movie they ever make (or any other movie for that matter)
let me just name a few:
Fantastic 4 (1 and 2)
my super ex girlfriend
hitman
alien vs predator: requiem
max payne
street fighter: the legend of chun li
dragonball evolution
x men origins: wolverine

compared to the few good ones, its just overwhelming evidence, that they really dont care for the story, just for the money

now, i pray to god, they redeem themselves, but i have no hopes whatsoever for this.

The original movie wasn't that bad, i enjoyed watching it. The thing that really pissed me off was Ben Affleck saying he was embarrassed to wear the costume.

Daredevil is such a cool character. They could make an amazing character to rival the "Trial of the Hulk" Daredevil. :lol
tvtrialincrediblehulk02.jpg

HEY. I forgot all about that! :lol And the Thor episode!

I like Carnahan's work. I could see him making a decent crime film and dropping Daredevil into it (Kind of like they did for Dark Knight returns).

I really don't care whether or not the Daredevil reboot sucks, I probably won't be seeing it either way. But if this "agreement" works out and Marvel gets to use Galactus, I'm all for it.

Fox has already shown us they have no ****ing clue how to use Galactus in a live-action film. Give that opportunity to Whedon and it's guaranteed to be awesome.

i love how they contradict themselves after just a few months xD:

Fox has made it very clear that they will not let go of any of the properties under their control for any live action medium.

We’ve also been told that if it ever came to the point where they were going to lose any property they own because of failing to have a movie in production, they would simply produce a low budget, straight-to-DVD feature and stick it in any theater to fulfill their theatrical release clause.

I like the Directors Cut where they had Coolio in it I heard Jason Statham wants to play DD and to be honest I wouldn't mind seeing him in DD.

Stahem would not make a good Matt Murdock. Maybe a good DD though.

I enjoyed the Director's Cut a lot, adds a few things that make a so-so movie a lot better.

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back