My "The Avengers" Captain America costume (page 3 update!)

PunisherNC

Sr Member
Working with Chris Mueller here at the RPF on my new "Avengers" Captain America suit... to debut at Dragon*Con in a few weeks. Not much to show as of yet. I did pick up the Oakley Assault boots, as well as the chest star from BamaBat. I should have the helmet in today or tomorrow from China

Here is the pic from Chris this morning that prompted me to post the thread already... loving his progress thus far:
IMG_20120804_192038.jpg

More pics to come over the coming weeks. Hope to have shots of the mask/helmet tonight

Last edited:
Re: My "The Avengers" Captain America costume part 2

Thanks, you two. Very excited about this suit. The "W" shape I believe is from the fabric being glued down to foam pieces. The groove is where the fabric is glued to itself in between those foam pieces.

The latex China helmet is in. After some trimming, not bad. Plus room for the under hood
c80834f1.jpg

3b0d6d51.jpg

Your at it again eh? Can't wait to see, your first iteration of this costume rocked! Why the change?

Thought there were several design elements that could've been improved on. Chris seems to be improving those areas quite nicely. Thanks for the kind words, bud.

"He's at it again!"
That helmet looks surprisingly good.
To be honest, really don't like the Avengers look but you and Shellhead are really doing a great job.
Funny that the copies looks better than the original.

Hey Punisher, do you have a link for where you bought that Helmet from? I'm going to attempt to make one, but just in case I manage to mangle the attempt it'd be nice to know where I could source a decent replica.

I clicked in thinking "ANOTHER Avengers Cap?" Let's see how the one I'm working on measures up.

WTF? It looks EXACTLY like it! Oh... :facepalm

I was starting to compile some info on this build, as I know there's a few people that hit a lot of the same stumbling blocks I did. May just do that here.

Got the pants and sleeves cut today. Waiting on my textured spandex for the underarms, inner sleeves, and pant gussets. Ti,e to move on to boots and gloves until that gets here.

How did you brand the W shape in the fabric? o_O it looks amazing!

It's pretty simple. I sewed the shape into the fabric, then cut the foam inserts to fit. Worked like a charm!

Ah, Chris has arrived! I was just getting ready to send you the link to this thread, bud

The latex China helmet is in. After some trimming, not bad. Plus room for the under hood
c80834f1.jpg

3b0d6d51.jpg

Heeeey..that latex mask IS surprisingly good! Looking forward to seeing this one completed AND at the Con!
cheers!

Looks good so far man looking foward to seeing It completed.

Hopefully I'll get some belt and pouches up today. In kind of a holding pattern on the suit waiting for my textured spandex, that I'll be strategically placing to give more movement and comfort, to arrive.

Hopefully that will be here by Monday so I can knock out the base suit by Wednesday.

Then it's boot and glove land!

This looks very cool! I'll be following this closely. I am currently having one like this commissioned, but I look liberties to slightly change the design a bit, especially the cowl. It still in the construction phase though, a few months out from completion.

Belt nearing completion. Just need to finish 3 more pouches, put snaps on them, and add velcro adjustments to the buckle straps of the belt so it can be tightened or loosened a little. This also will allow for a replacement buckle if anyone starts making or sources the screen buckle.

431108_10100722789715666_1654524870_n.jpg

This looks awesome! Great job so far!

Is this a one off thing or are you eying to make more of these? And are you making patterns or just free styling it?

This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back