My 2 Spider-Man suits "Spidey 3" and "TASM" side by side

El Fett

Sr Member
I took these a while back with the intention of adding them to my other Spidey thread but I figured this is the better venue for them. I give you my two prized costume pieces. In over 10 years of collecting and putting together suits, Spider-Man has always been at the top of my wish-list. I've owned multiple ones, but these are the only two suits I plan on keeping forever. I thought it would be a cool idea to put them side by side (I was really doing it as fit-test shots but hey, I figured why not share)

WleftRright.png

WfrontR.png

WbackR.png

Both are pretty true representations as to what was on the films. Which look do you prefer? ;)

I also have this shot of my ASM I really like. If someone has photoshop skills and some spare time on their hands, you are welcome to take a shot at making something cool with it just please come back and share it here :)

Webb+movie+pose+3.jpg

I honestly think the ASM suit has a better overall design. It stays true to the source material, but differentiates itself enough to be completely unique. But on the other hand, I prefer the webbing on the other suit, as it's a little more visible.

Gotta say I like the Rami suit better, but it's a photo finish decision. I didn't like the ASM suit at first but it's really grown on me. Awsome shots Fett, and kudos for taking your fitness to the next level :)

Wow. They both look great on you. I really prefer the Rami suit, as it's more like the comic version. I think the only reason they redesigned the suit for TASM is to differentiate this film from the previous 3. But I will say that they were very clever in the way they made the new, because in a lot of the iconic poses Spidey does in the movie, you can't tell the costume is any different.

looks sweet! I'm a fan of both suites, but think your frame looks better in the Raimi suite.

I agree. The Raimi suit looks OK on me at 175 lbs but better around 170 to 172 lbs. The lines in the design are just more complimenting of one's body. The Webb suit on the other hand is designed for a leaner, taller Spider-Man. I'm currently sitting at 163 lbs and I still feel I need to lose a couple more pounds to get the look closer. My limbs and neck are not as long as Garfield's but I at least want to get the lean aspect as close as I can make it.

I agree. The Raimi suit looks OK on me at 175 lbs but better around 170 to 172 lbs. The lines in the design are just more complimenting of one's body. The Webb suit on the other hand is designed for a leaner, taller Spider-Man. I'm currently sitting at 163 lbs and I still feel I need to lose a couple more pounds to get the look closer. My limbs and neck are not as long as Garfield's but I at least want to get the lean aspect as close as I can make it.

Well good luck with your work out, You still look great in both suites. Wish I had at least one! haha

I hear ya man. I went to the gym twice a day last semester (because it was so boring up in massachusetts) and was the leanest 165 lbs Ive ever been, even had my little four pack going and the bicep vein showing, and now I am really regretting sitting on my ass for most of the summer. Now im back up to about 180 and I'm going to have to go back to running 5 miles everyday just to pull this damn suit off if I finish it by comic con. Not gonna be fun.

I really hate the fact that the ASM suit is near impossible to pull off unless you have that natural lanky body type, but the Raimi suit does look really nice on you.

I'm by no means a professional photo editor, nor do I even have photoshop. But I did what I could with your picture because I love the pose!
What do you think?
ElFettsspideypic.jpg

Thats why i love TASM suit as im natural a lanky body type :D

Same here! I'm actually have pretty much the exact same body as Andrew Garfield, same height, weight, build, hair... Haha.

But yeah, the Raimi suit looks better on you, Fett, so you should just give me your TASM one... Ha, jk! (unless you really want to give me your suit ;)

Both suits look amazing! You have more of the actuall super hero-ish body, I just have the nerd body. Haha

Nice thread.
After months of consideration...I prefer the ASM but wished they used bigger lenses.
They thought "hey how do we make Spider-Man look like he's not in spandex? Make him look like he's n a basketball!".
In the end I like it. Took a while. I really did the arms on the ASM suit.
Smaller lenses. And yellow? I works in the end. But I prefer the Raimi.
If only Raimi went with his awesome original Green Goblin design.

This thread is more than 10 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back