Shads pistol - Battle Beyond the Stars

TheSt.LouisKid

Sr Member
I watched this last night as I enjoy all craptactular sci-fi. Gelts weapon was a modified Kenner Stormtrooper gun. Some of the bad guy pistols were made from TOS Galactica viper parts. In looking at Shads pistol I can see they used a Kenner Han Solo gun end schnozzel placed upside down.

Does anyone have any good pics of Shads gun?

I used to have alot of screen shots of the pistol, as well as Shad's costume (I hated those moon boots but the costume was nice, including the crossdraw holster) but I lost them in a computer crash. I may try to do it again though (along with Starhunter)

I think it was a clamshell on top of the Kenner Han blaster.

I've got a pretty nice pic of the TOS Galactica Viper gun but I can't remember seeing any good shot of Shad's gun. I will take a look though.

I've got a pretty nice pic of the TOS Galactica Viper gun ...
I remember a picture from an old Starlog back when the magazine did more behind the scenes stuff instead of just stock pics sent by a studio.

I've got these 3 stills that appeared in Issue 11 of Fantastic Films magazine back in 1980.
Best I have seen so far. Wierd how the colors of Shads gun don't keep with the color it was in the film. I don't recall him ever firing it either. Thank you for sharing.

Back in the 90's while Corman's Venice Beach studio was still standing I had found a not so hidden upper level above Stage 2. Nobody went up there due to the trouble getting through the first door and the condition of the stairs themselves. Some of those guns I seem to recall seeing. We also accidentally located some of the original BBTS models in a crate that was always used as set dressing. It was my regular lunch table until we tossed it off the back of a cube van in Watchers 3. It cracked so we peaked inside...

I remember a picture from an old Starlog back when the magazine did more behind the scenes stuff instead of just stock pics sent by a studio.

That's where the picture came from. Here is the Viper gun:
BBTS.jpg

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back