The Amazing Spiderman face shell build WIP

joelai009

I just found this helmet stand thing from pepakura official download. It works great for spiderman face shell. I just use the size as it is, but I have a really small head. If you have a bigger head, you might want to enlarge it by 10 percent. It is easier to make just use scissors to cut the paper. I just put some putty on it, and going to fiberglass it and sand it down. It should look great. :lol

Just added some webbing, and fiberglassed it. I am thinking of making the whole stand with magnets attached so it can be used for display purpose when not wearing the mask. If more people like it, I will start building a larger one since this one is for my small head.:lol

It's gonna look awesome! Are you gonna curve the lenses a bit more to get the right shape of the face shell? Maybe im wrong but it looks like the curve is a bit off since the tip is separated from the head, or is it because it's not finished? T.T i've never seen a face shell before, sorry :p

It's gonna look awesome! Are you gonna curve the lenses a bit more to get the right shape of the face shell? Maybe im wrong but it looks like the curve is a bit off since the tip is separated from the head, or is it because it's not finished? T.T i've never seen a face shell before, sorry :p

It is a helmet stand. The size is really small. Normal human being can't fit in there. The size and shape has to be adjusted. But as for the lenses they are fine as long as you don't have a small head like me.:lol I am going to fix the shape of the face shell so the lenses will set with the magnets perfectly.

Are you going to drill holes for breathing as well?

I am thinking of movable jaw with Lycra on top of it like the Raimi shell. So when you are talking the jaw moves along. This will look more realistic. Like the face shell is part of your face.

Awesome! The lycra idea for the face shell is great; really helps sell the illusion that you only have a mask on and nothing else. Re-watching the SM2 costume building extra. It seems that the jaw is made of like a combination of lycra and thin rubber. Looking forward to you progress! Best of luck and hope you are as successfull as with your lenses.

What method are you going to use to pad the inside?

My family owns a shoe factory. I am going to use the thin sponge padding for the shoes to glue inside. It is going to be very comfortable. I will try it out on my face shell first. As for the breathing part. I am going to install mesh around the nose area for better breathing and cover it with Lycra.

This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back