Building The ANH 5'Millennium Falcon

Hey Stu, glad to see your still on this been waitin' for an update for awhile. Keep up th' good work. :p

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Xparent Skyblue Tapatalk 2

eh up buddy.
wow ya cockpit is mint mym8...
you`ve just inspired me to get started on my cockpit as soon as i can finish the front mandibles off!
once again top job...cheers peza

Still working on it, although a bit slow at the mo.
Got distracted by joining the local 501st chapter here in NZ, Outpost 42 & am putting together a TK Stormtrooper.
Just finishing up the assembly of the helmet ready for painting the details.

Back to the Falcon, I'm working on getting the upper & lower loading ramps done. Since these last pics were taken, the
panels have been cut out & await milling on their edges to get a nice sharp angled edge for easy assembly.
The pics show parts laid out in mostly the correct places. Yes, I know the vertical T-bar runs right through to meet the horizontal, just
hadn't cut any more for length.
The side panel parts all line up great & correspond to the upper details, so all good.

The plan is to make the subassemblies first, such as the loading ramps, then the walkways, underside landing gear bay, etc... .
Then, all these sections can be placed together to get a pretty accurate idea of disc diameter & mandible angle, length, well, that's
the plan anyhoo!.

Kit collecting is on going, I'm running out of room, seriously!.

Stu

Attachments

• DSCF2014.JPG
    DSCF2014.JPG
    740.7 KB · Views: 625
  • DSCF2015.JPG
    DSCF2015.JPG
    748.2 KB · Views: 621
  • DSCF2035.JPG
    DSCF2035.JPG
    1.4 MB · Views: 445
Yep, got it Dean, many thanks, sorry should have LYK earlier.
LMK if you need any other parts mate, I'm just across the ditch lol!.
Stu

Bugger.... Yes mate. Been so busy selling my house I forgot. I'll get em out to ya. Also Don and Julien if you read this the parts are coming. ****!

Bugger.... Yes mate. Been so busy selling my house I forgot. I'll get em out to ya. Also Don and Julien if you read this the parts are coming. ****!

Cheers Simon, that'll be great mate.
You planning on moving into a bigger house, with a monster man-cave?.:lol

Hi all.
I'm planning on using as much actual plastic kit parts as possible, rather than casts.
This is feasible on most, but not all, such as Sealab & M8 carrier for example.

Could anyone help me with these parts from the Esci/Dragon/Revell 1/9 Kettenkraftrad. I would just want actual kit parts, not casts.
I am after 3 of each part in the first pic.
I am happy to buy or trade, no problem.
Oh, I only need 1 of the second pic part, as mine was broken in my kit:angry

Cheers chaps.
Stu

Attachments

• parts12[1].jpg
    parts12[1].jpg
    183.5 KB · Views: 548
  • parts8[1].jpg
    parts8[1].jpg
    188.5 KB · Views: 498
Stu,

I would spare them if I had them - I only have the one kit myself.

Ironically, my piece (from your second picture) came broken also. Very thin styrene...

If you do need casts, just let me know.

Regards,

Andre

Thanks Andre, yeah that part is pretty fragile, I wonder if anyone has the part intact?.

As an aside, thanks to all who sent me the 8-rad lower chassis part, you guys are saints, really appreciate it chaps!.

Stu

I'll check mine (that is my scan).
I only bought it for the Y-Wing parts (and someone I loaned them to for casting lost them, but that's another story), so it isn't doing me any good.

I'll check mine (that is my scan).
I only bought it for the Y-Wing parts (and someone I loaned them to for casting lost them, but that's another story), so it isn't doing me any good.

Thanks Tread, I'll gladly take it if not needed.
Also, thanks for the scan, I didn't know who to credit for it, so cheers.

Ha, over the coming months I'll be asking (well begging really) for more parts from the SS community. Mainly duplicates.
It still makes me smile the incredible help & generosity this community gives back to each other.
When this Falcon is all said & done, I hope I can put a smile on the many faces here.
Cheers all!.
Stu

Well, been a while, but got these done this week, the 2 quad gun turret bases.
These are a laminate of clear acrylic, with a styrene top. The whole turret was done on a milling machine. The hole just behind the mounting point was used as an anchor to hold to the milling machine table, it will be covered by the detailing anyhoo!.The original ILM turrets were 2 sheets of plywood & covered in styrene, with another 'ring' of very thin styrene around the edge circumference.

Now, I will offer these for sale in the junkyard for folks who want them. I will do one run only & that's it guys!.
These will be the bases only as per the pics, no greeblies included.

Stu

Attachments

• DSCF2060.JPG
    DSCF2060.JPG
    1.4 MB · Views: 337
  • DSCF2061.JPG
    DSCF2061.JPG
    1.4 MB · Views: 302
  • DSCF2062.JPG
    DSCF2062.JPG
    1.4 MB · Views: 326
  • DSCF2063.JPG
    DSCF2063.JPG
    1.4 MB · Views: 317
Wow Stu,those quad gun bases looks great.
It would be great if you offer the cockpit along w it:thumbsup

Don

Cheers Don, glad you likeee mate.

My cockpit cone, not the tube, yes I will be offering up as a cast part you can buy. That will be next year though!.
Next up are the quad gun barrels themselves machined in alloy, a set of 8. These will compliment the turret base parts.
The turret window will be offered as well to whoever may want them.

My thoughts are that I'm making these various parts anyway, it's not too much trouble making a few more for folks.
I know the 5 footer is a niche market model, so to speak, but it's no big deal in offering up extras, be nice to have a few other builders around.

Stu

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back