Avengers Captain America Costume

Shellhead

I know some have seen this in another thread before but I finally recieved my gloves from Cosplayhouse (after 2 months). I attached the star courtesy of Bamabat but I still need to tweak some features on it. It's 'ok' overall. Been having a dandy of a time finding an Avenegers, styled helmet. I don't know..I may jettison this project if it looks like I can't get it done by month's end.

You may see me again in the Junkyard...

View attachment 106302, View attachment 106303

View attachment 106304, View attachment 106305

View attachment 106306, View attachment 106307

View attachment 106308

Nice! Looks loose in the chest area though.

I saw a fan-made Cap helmet for sale on cosplay.com and ebay (same seller) but it was going for $200 :O

Looks good.
Wow, those gloves took forever.
Why the September 1st suspense for the helmet?

Well, been really working on it for Dragoncon and the reason for the time frame. Secondly, as was pointed out, though it looks good, the material tends to bunch and isn't very form fitting--just..not..totally satisfied (yet) :lol

i have the rubber mask and the resin helmet. ive gotta say, the rubber mask is really high quality and fits well and it is way better than a resin helmet. As for the rest of the costume, i think i might have the same one, and ive tried a thousand and one ways, and i still cant get it form fitting, so im giving up on that. it is bloody frustrating. im starting to consider getting another one made, compromising on the material but going with the fitting instead.

That Ebay mask/helmet is surprisingly good looking.
Just as long as it fits properly, should make your suspense and have a good Avengers uniform. :thumbsup

That Ebay mask/helmet is surprisingly good looking.
Just as long as it fits properly, should make your suspense and have a good Avengers uniform. :thumbsup

I was in contact with the seller and right now it may be cutting it too close to even go that route given his shipping time frame. Still leaving other options on the table. I had been holding out for EFX's Cap helmet but now I think I did myself a disservice waiting on that release:facepalm

i have the rubber mask and the resin helmet. ive gotta say, the rubber mask is really high quality and fits well and it is way better than a resin helmet. As for the rest of the costume, i think i might have the same one, and ive tried a thousand and one ways, and i still cant get it form fitting, so im giving up on that. it is bloody frustrating. im starting to consider getting another one made, compromising on the material but going with the fitting instead.

I know exactly what you're talking about regarding the fit. I had taken mine to my local tailor and there was just too much mixed media within that even HE was afraid to try altering it for fear of ruining the suit. By the by, you wouldn't happen to have a pic of the rubber mask in comparison to your resin one, would you?

havent had the time to take pictures. but TRUST ME. it looks way better. it sticks to your head much better. the resin helmet's forehead makes it bulge out like a bumphead fish's but the latex mask makes it look just like the movies. im thinking of selling my resin helmet to be honest, but i havent decided cause it makes a good prop. saw a couple of links on ebay for the latex mask/helmet and bought it from this japanese dude. no hassle and shipping was quick. additionally, its only 80 bux, as compared to a hundred plus resin one. so i would definitely recommend it .

as for the costume, im thinking of adding muscle inserts for the chest area so it will look like it fits better. i managed to forcefully sew the back towards the centre. did the same to the arms also, but my god, the fabric's a real *****. im starting to think the fabric for the costume in the movie was screen printed, either that or he has an additional muscle suit underneath.

Aside from the fitting issues, the suit looks pretty good. How well did they pay attention to your measurements?

Well, depending on where you order it from some sites have a generic measuring chart whereas others are a little more thorough. In comparison, I had a generic size chart to go by. The pants don't have a lot of give so waist size is correct but the jacket portion has at least an extra 1 to 2 inches of give at the chest, shoulders and biceps.

Last edited:
I've seen that suit on eBay from a Hong Kong or Chinese seller. Is that where you got it? It looks pretty good except the darker colors are a little TOO dark. How do you like it otherwise?

I have that Mass produced helmet waiting for me at the Post Office. I'll pick it up today and post some photos on here if that's cool?

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back