Hi! I have boobs and I make...

Hi. I'm Lunar. I live in Delaware
While I've been watching this forum for a long while before I became a member, I really don't follow well since the seeming majority of the crafts/props are all things I have no clue about nor much interest in.
I'm very impressed by the work, in awe of the skill. My interests definitely focus on Fallout, Infamous, older horror movies, cyberpunk (not steampunk) and some fantasy elements. I just got back into crafting more, so maybe I'll be less quiet.

Ahh you need to talk to my daughter, she is trying to meld Cyber and Steam punk. She is trying to make a new look, I told her she is trying for Diesel Punk and she said No Steam and Cyber Punk, I said "Oh, Ooookay"

I noticed how often there is (object)punk and it can get confusing. I think i stay between cyberpunk and apocapunk. And that is as complex as I get.

Sometimes you just have to say "ooookay" to a lot of thing.. ;)

Huh... I've viewed this thread before, but somehow forgot to get around to posting! Um, hi!

Here's me as Belle from Beauty and the Beast:
IMG00865.jpg

And my daughter as the monkey dancer from Masquerade in Phantom of the Opera:
KiddieKandids21_zpse981be6f.jpg

I posted some other costume pics a while back in my own intro thread, so I won't hog space here with that.

I'm totally obsessed with 1800's styles, though I've only made 2 bustle skirts to date (although I do have one in progress that I didn't finish around Halloween). Little tip there: the skirts are easy, but first, make a bodice that will go with many skirts. Trust me, you do not want an awesome bustle skirt that has no coordinating bodice to wear it with!

All kinds of stuff - right now I am doing kind of armor-heavy costuming (Mandalorian, Star Wars) and a bit of really involved textile stuff (wrote a still-in-beta screen-accurate motifs/repeat knitted version of YoSaffBridge's red shawl that I and about six other folks have used for Saffron costumes). I also make props, do scenics and models, and do makeup and prosthetics. I have done hairpieces and wigs for people and monsters (hairing a whole pack of werewolves, for a haunted house about 13 years ago, got me nicknamed "Hairdresser to the Forces of Evil") , built dolls and puppets and done set carpentry. In my spare time I paint murals for my kids and restore my house.

I am fairly sure I can sew anything. If it can't be sewn it can be formed, glued and clamped :lol

Pics:
My favorite articulated prosthetic design was these wings I made for a friend (not showing her face or the rest of the costume because I don't have her permission) that move with a simple mechanism and slot into casings in the corset made as part of the costume:
Photo3%252012-31-98%252011_12%2520PM.jpg

Schematic (that's my maiden and ex married name on the watermark, I need a new scan):
wings.jpg

Armor (100% scratchbuilt):
29056_1382269928605_1587681869_890648_4599745_n.jpg

I've got more but I don't want to go crazy with pictures.

Um, if anyone needs help with shaping thermoplastic into boob armor, I can help :)

Fairly new to all of this, but my first project is scratch building World of Warcraft armor+ weapons from various materials. It is a slow process, but over all going rather well (I'd like to think, anyway). Doing full plate mail from a custom Transmog set I've thrown together for my orc warrior.

In the past I've mostly drawn, painted, and made a few sculptures, but have always been interested in building things in general. There are tons of things I'd love to build at some point, hopefully the skills will grow enough that they will all be more than a possibility in the future. Don't have a thread of any WiP images yet, but if anyone is interested can direct you to my facebook or toss a few images in a message :)

Oops, fell out of this thread.

There's some great costumes here, ladies. :) I guess I should finally get around to share a pic of the elf costume I did.
First of my dress as it looked for the Hobbit:
Hobbittendel1106.jpg

A group picture that shows the shape of my sleeves:
Hobbittendel1179.jpg

I also helped with Galadriel and made Gandalf's belt.

Note that the costume isn't really done. It was supposed to have a silver sash in the same fabric as the inside of the sleeves, but I only just got it ready for the premiere and used a silver snake belt instead. I also need another zipper since I can barely squeeze in and out of it as it is. And I want a silver trim along the neckline as well. Those are things to be made for the next time. ;)

I start making stuff, but almost never finish anything. Does that still count? :facepalm

My house is a mine field of half finished projects, sewing, armor, props, anything and everything, just never completed. Sighhhh.. :rolleyes

I start making stuff, but almost never finish anything. Does that still count? :facepalm

My house is a mine field of half finished projects, sewing, armor, props, anything and everything, just never completed. Sighhhh.. :rolleyes

Show pix! :D

Gureiffy, I think we all know the problem of starting something and then it just lies there. I have a costume I started upgrading in the summer of 2007. I finished it (the sewing part, that is) in the summer of 2010. And the very last part (hair extensions) wasn't done until early spring 2011...
And my jedi costume is a constant work in progress. It's completely wearable, but I have never actually gotten it to where I wanted it to go. I've been upgrading since spring 2008... I doubt I'll ever stop upgrading it and make new stuff for it. :p

Monkey Girl!!!!!!! my absolute fave "extra" costume from the show :) She totally appeals because I am a theatre nerd (diploma in Perf. Arts as well as a BSc over here) and a Phan :) Still putting together my Elissa dress for more thn a decade. I have a lot of hand sewing so I may just bring that in to the house to work on :)

Currently still working on Nyreen and the Elissa dress :) And a gown with 10pounds of silver bullion trim......

I'm a boob owner but pretty new at making costumes.
made a lot of camera stuff and clothing but no cosplay or props.
I'm working on my first real one right now!
i'm a research freak and search the internet day and night for tutorials and tips before i start making stuff.

My recent project:
WoW rogue Tier 5 set

state: researched and materials are on there way.

fingers crossed!
wish me luck -_-'

Oh man I was wondering if I would be able to find fellow girl RPF-ers!
Hello everyone~ I've been lurking this forum for a few months, but have finally done enough research to feel confident enough to post among such talented people. ^_^

Hello, I have boobs and I make costumes too :)
Started putting together a blog with some of my stuff on it...
creativecostuming.wordpress.com

This thread is more than 4 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back