X-Men: Days of Future Past

Vivek

Master Member
Bryan Singer Confirms Next X-MEN Is Days Of Future Past | Badass Digest

178431-xmen-days-future-past.jpg

Last edited:
I read somewhere that this storyline would help tie up the slight continuity errors from First Class, although what exactly those errors were escapes me, still it would open the door for Jackman as an older Logan, plus perhaps cameos from Patrick Stewart and Ian Mackellen?

This opens the door for a wide area to play with as far as characters and concepts. Looking forward to this!

I think in this case the main antagonist would be Senator Robert Kelley, doesn't the DOFP story revolve around his mutant registration law being passed, leading to the mutant populations extermination by the sentinels, it also featured Cable who travels back from the war torn future to try and change history. I remember watching the cartoon as a kid and that storyline was played out, I always thought old grey haired Wolverine was cool!

I think in this case the main antagonist would be Senator Robert Kelley, doesn't the DOFP story revolve around his mutant registration law being passed, leading to the mutant populations extermination by the sentinels, it also featured Cable who travels back from the war torn future to try and change history. I remember watching the cartoon as a kid and that storyline was played out, I always thought old grey haired Wolverine was cool!

Yeah, but I can picture the Hollywood execs being all, "Where's that magnet guy? Put him back in the movie."

Yeah, but I can picture the Hollywood execs being all, "Where's that magnet guy? Put him back in the movie."

They'll have Magneto in there. They've got Michael Fassbender on board for more movies, it'd be stupid not to use him. However, yes, they need to stay away from him as the main bad guy. Personally, I don't think it'd work too well to have him and Charles completely at odds just yet. He was such a sympathetic character in first class, I think to have him be the bad guy straight away in the second film would alienate a lot of fans of the last movie.

Agreed, Magneto was in the Days Of Future Past series IIRC, it could turn out to be a 'one for all' kinda scenario, kill or be killed. It would be quite epic if future selves appear, it would have to be very well written and directed but could be fantastic if done right. Plus could we finally see proper sentinels on screen?

In the comics it was Scott and Jean's daughter that traveled back, but she didn't have the heart to tell her parents the truth and things eventually ended badly.

Never liked Cable or that black absorbing mutant or whatever he was - can never remember his name - but they just seem so over the top bad choices.

The more human story of the estranged future daughter is more appealing than some pumped up testosterone beserkers.

Never liked Cable or that black absorbing mutant or whatever he was - can never remember his name - but they just seem so over the top bad choices.

That was Bishop; he came along after the the events that take place in the dystopian future within the DOFP storyline.

Both he and Cable were characters created at a time when the anti-hero was king. Cyborg parts, a million pouches, facial scars, and the type were all the rage then, but I agree it would have no place here and now anyway.

Chris Claremont wrote some of the best stories in comics, and DOFP was one of his best and probably the best X-Men story. It was very dark and rich and has a lot of potential to be a great film. I'm looking forward to this with interest.

Last edited:
I've very excited about this idea. I could see the cast of the X-men Trilogy having the large scale sentinel battle we all wanted (even if it's just a 5 min cameo type battle) and having it end badly. Then have Kitty Pryde (Ellen Page) go back in time to the first class cast. This could open up the doors for having both sets of casts in different X flicks.

Most likely the older cast would be changed but I can hope right :).

Okay this I could for sure get into as I love the storyline. I'd agree you'd need Hugh as Logan and I'm sure he'd be up for it as he's a wolverine fan.

I'm curious since this would be a vastly different story than the other X men films.

I do have to say that I'm discouraged by Singer's desire to bring in more mutants and expand the universe. First Class had problems with worthless mutant side characters that distracted from how awesome the core group's interaction were. More is not better.

I still loved First Class, but I would absolutely point a finger at it for bad extra characters.

That was Bishop; he came along after the the events that take place in the dystopian future within the DOFP storyline.

Both he and Cable were characters created at a time when the anti-hero was king. Cyborg parts, a million pouches, facial scars, and the type were all the rage then, but I agree it would have no place here and now anyway.

Don't forget mullets and impossible anatomy!

Fastball Special! Wolverine getting tossed at a sentinel by Colosossus! I know we saw this a little in X3.

This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back