X-Men: Days of Future Past

https://twitter.com/BryanSinger/status/295704925718065152

bryan_singer_xmen_hugh_jackman_tweet.png

BBqOEDBCMAAyntQ.jpg:large

X-Men: First Class sequel - Days of Future Past storyline

Interviews with mark Millar. Who is essentially in charge of the overall story directions for fox's marvel projects, make it sound like the new wolverine movie is going to be a new. Shinning for a multi movie story arc in an attempt at doing something like marvel did.

Millar is a clever guy so I'm curious to see what he has planned.

My only fear is that fox seems like they want to have the fantastic four movie to crossover with the x-verse eventually. Those two worlds have very different vibes and should stay in their own stories as far as I'm concerned.

I know you can't really do the DoFP story line without certain characters but dangit! I Loved XMFC because it was a bit of a change from the other X Men flicks. I was very excited about XFC2 but with all the additions of the X Men movies.. My hopes are fading and it's just eye rolling now. I really am over the wolverine, rogue, iceman blblblb..I've had a couple of those movies already, thanks. I am, however, still excited about the old/young versions of Prof. X and Magneto with the respecting actors. That will be fun. Anyway, I wish they would've kept on with the direction that XMFC had started with. I do realize though that with this movie title, you basically have to have those other characters. Guess we'll see how this pans out. :/

They need to ignore the previous X-Men films and start over.

Given how much X-Men First Class contradicted every previous X-Men movie, I look at First Class like it already was ignoring the previous movies. It's not going to be hard to see familiar characters and actors and still be in the mindset that the other movies didn't happen.

Bryan Singer Talks X-MEN: DAYS OF FUTURE PAST; Says They've Cracked the Time-Travel, Adapting the Comic, and More | Collider

“We’ve cracked it in a way that it makes sense. I had a two-hour conversation with James Cameron about time travel, string theory, multiverses and all that. You have to create your rules and stick wtih them. That’s why Terminator and Back To The Future work so well. And there are certain mechanisms in X-Men, certain powers, perceptions, and characters that make this possible.”

“It has a lot of aspects of the comic. The actual comic of Days Of Future Past had a whole ton of stuff going on, so it’s like any of these things; you have to distill it. But I think the fans will be pleased that some of the most exciting parts of Days Of Future Past are going to be connected to this movie.”

“I’m taking into account every movie – I’m not just grabbing my first two movies and First Class and smashing them together. I’m taking into account the entire universe as it’s been laid out so far on the screen, and really respecting it and trying to work with that. People took things in various directions, so there’s some clean-up. But ultimately I’m not just ignoring them either.”

Given how much X-Men First Class contradicted every previous X-Men movie, I look at First Class like it already was ignoring the previous movies. It's not going to be hard to see familiar characters and actors and still be in the mindset that the other movies didn't happen.

First Class did contradict some things from the first three movies, which is why i think they are doing this storyline as opposed to a normal continuation of the first...so they can explain away the differences by saying that they are two different timelines. Kind of like what they did with Star Trek. Just a thought.

Having mixed feelings the more previous X-Men they keep adding to the line up, I mean come on, Iceman sucked in the movies and Kitty Pride? Argh! Next thing you know they'll be adding Vinnie Jones to the list of returning characters! On the flip side, I'd be happy to see the original Mystique and if they could get Alan Cumming back as Nightcrawler

The more actors from the previous movies they cast, the MORE excited I get for this movie! Especially considering it features time travel, I think the more the merrier. I'm very optimistic. Can't wait!

and if they could get Alan Cumming back as Nightcrawler

No thank you. Aside from the opening scene and a little after that, Nightcrawler got worse and worse as the movie went along. Alan Cumming is a fine actor, and really did nothing wrong. But aside from the few fight scenes, I didn't care for the nightcrawler character at all. In the movies. Nightcrawler is great in the comics, but they just took his emotional side too far. He is a very emotional, proud character. But I felt like they force fed that to us in X2. Alan Cumming did a fine job of portraying the character. But I did not like said character in the movies. Nothing he could have done about that.

If they made him a little less emotional and more of a fighting member of the team, sign me up. That opening scene in X2 showed me what Nightcrawler is capable of becoming. More fierce, less whining. But sure, bring back Alan Cummings. Just make his character better.

So the rumor is that Peter Dinkelage is playing the villain in DOFP.

Love it. For someone of his stature he's pretty damn intimidating.

This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back