X-Men: Days of Future Past

Jackman is officially in talks with them right now. I'm sure he will be in it...I hope they kill him off like the story lol

Now we can all start wondering how Professor X (Stewart) is even alive in the future, I would assume its going to be working backwards from a different future where he wasn't killed by Phoenix (X-Men 3) I know there was the post credits scene but that wasn't HIS body....right?

Now we can all start wondering how Professor X (Stewart) is even alive in the future, I would assume its going to be working backwards from a different future where he wasn't killed by Phoenix (X-Men 3) I know there was the post credits scene but that wasn't HIS body....right?

I'm not totally into the comics but that body was his "secret" Twin brother who don't have a brain or something. Anyway, he is in a sort of coma from nothing having a brain and Professor X talks in the beginning of the movie about somehow transporting ones consciousness to another body...thus that is what he does in the end.

How I see it, they pretty much have free reign to do whatever they want. They can change past, present and future with messing with the timeline.

Yes I got that he supposedly transfered his conciousness into that body, my point was that body wasn't another Patrick Stewart. But yes I guess they can do what they like timeline wise, it has potential to be great if handled right.

Wouldn't be the first time Chuck died and came back. I lost track of whether he's died or had his back fixed and re-broken more times.

Right now in the comics it's a question of who'll be back first, him or Jean (not counting the teenage Jean that's traveled to the present with the other originals, that's just a pre-dead Jean). My money's on Chuck.

Wouldn't be the first time Chuck died and came back. I lost track of whether he's died or had his back fixed and re-broken more times.

Right now in the comics it's a question of who'll be back first, him or Jean (not counting the teenage Jean that's traveled to the present with the other originals, that's just a pre-dead Jean). My money's on Chuck.

He was dead in the DOFP story anyway -- big X thru his bald noggin.

"Patrick Stewart, Ian McKellan, and Hugh Jackman have all confirmed that they have been approached to reprise their X-Men roles as Professor X, Magneto, and Wolverine, and now the rumors have moved on to the next tier of original X-Men stars. Halle Berry and James Marsden have both been mentioned as candidates to reprise their roles as Storm and Cyclops. Their participation is reportedly fairly straightforward, as these actors would reportedly "appear mostly in scenes depicting an alternate dystopic future, so pay and time commitments are not substantial", and they are likely to do this now that their original director Bryan Singer is back on board after the departure of X-Men: First Class director Matthew Vaughn. Reading between the lines, it seems like this is the sort of role Hugh Jackman referred to when he talked about "doing something" in this movie, whereas it's possible that Stewart and McKellan — playing two of the only characters present in both timelines — might make more substantial appearances. That, however, is just speculation, and indeed it's probably best to take this whole thing with a degree of skepticism until we hear something more official. [Hollywood Reporter]"

I'll go see it on the condition that this will be featured:

180px-Nimrod_Model_Sentinels_%28Earth-1610%29_from_Ultimate_Comics_X-Men_Vol_1_1.png

So they have the cast from the first 3 X-Men films, as well as the returning cast from First Class. Bet a huge chunk of the budget gets blown out on those paychecks alone.

So they have the cast from the first 3 X-Men films, as well as the returning cast from First Class. Bet a huge chunk of the budget gets blown out on those paychecks alone.

I would hope that Ian and Patrick are used only in "flash forward" type scenes. Same with Jackman. As much as I liked the X-Men movies, adding these guys to the cast, if not used sparingly, could take away from the current First Class cast. I thought First Class was a very good movie and I would hate to see them overshadowed by the previous cast.

Wes

This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back