X-Men: Days of Future Past

impossible anatomy is a requisite part of any good comic

Um... Rob Liefield, anyone?

tumblr_m87g2jGBTP1qbnm55o1_500.jpg

This would be good, they could actually have it ret-con out that X-Men 3 never happened...:lol

Rob Liefeld is the ONLY artist I have ever really really hated. I was an aspiring comic artist at the time and then I saw this hack's work and was dumb founded. I think he only found work via being one of McFarlane's boys.

Days of Future Past was awesome reading 25-30 years ago but the plot line is to similar to the Terminator movies. To many comparisons will be made.
FYI, John Byrne was the artist at the time. Liefeld came later.

They really milked the hell out of that story in the X books. I really wish they would just come up with something new for this next movie.

Liefeld succeeded because his style aped other similar styles at the time -- Jim Lee, Whilce Portatio, and especially Todd McFarlane, all of whom were big bucks in the early 90s. Remember, this is the time period when McFarlane launched Spawn (with 47 different varieties of covers) and Image Comics. He was at the top of his game then, and was raking in cash.

Liefeld's work was just similar enough that folks around my age (and I was probably between 12-15 at the time, so, target market material) gobbled this stuff up. It was EDGY. It was COOL. They had POUCHES and BANDOLIERS and BIG FREAKIN' GUNS. And everyone was an ANTIHERO!! YEAH!!!

Then one day we all woke up and said "...WAIT A MINUTE!! That stuff was a bunch of CRAP!! I've been buying CRAP all this time!!! WTF?!!" and moved on to better stuff.

This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back