X-Men: Days of Future Past

At this point, they can completely ignore X-Men 1-3 for all I care. If they can make a movie half as good as I thought X-Men: First Class was, I'll be a happy camper.

It's unfortunate that there is established movie continuity from those three films that could weigh this movie down. With Singer back at the helm - well, I'm afraid to get my hopes up for this one - but, I can't help it... I want this to be as good as it's looked so far.

I agree with your all of your statement 100%

Why? Couldnt he grow out his hair. He already had the nails and fangs. In the 15-20 years between movies Victor could have just become more animalistic.

I've always thought that the Sabretooth in the first movie seemed to be under some kind of mind control or something. He hardly ever speaks and seems to be kind of out of it all the time.

Here's a simple solution to fix the continuity. How about instead of complaining like little school girls that you just not watch the movies?

This coming from the fanboy who told everyone on the Wolverine movie thread who had issues with it that they were 'crybabies' and that we 'think too much' when we're watching movies... on a movie section of a forum... surrounded by movie enthusiasts :rolleyes Btw I think the Wolverine film you love so much didn't have any problems convincing people not to watch it, being the lowest X-Men domestic opening ever and all that jazz. Maybe instead of the whole blind loyalty thing with this franchise, you should in fact be hoping the movie is done well and makes lots of money from, oh I don't know, people who don't like bad movies?

BQhdcTrCUAAPoGS.jpg:large

Bryan Singer Talks X-MEN: DAYS OF FUTURE PAST Timeline and Locations | Collider

Quotes from Bryan Singer.

Timeline:

"I’d say it’s not a sequel to one of the others. It’s an inbetwequel — that’s what I call it, for lack of a better word. It takes place about ten years, give or take, after X-Men 3; and in the past it takes place about ten years after First Class."

Scope and Locations:

"It takes place in the future and the past and then all over the world, from Russia to China, then France, and Washington, New York. It’s got scope, but most of the scope is in the breadth of the story."

okay - - I've read through most of the thread and here's a solution -- This could just be a self starting loop. Perhaps Logan's going back in time alters the timeline he travels - before he goes back there were no Sentinels at the Regan inauguration but after he travels back - boom Sentinels. His actions cause the alternate universe, and in true movie fashion, the events that lead to an apocalyptic future are directly linked to Logan being sent back.

okay - - I've read through most of the thread and here's a solution -- This could just be a self starting loop. Perhaps Logan's going back in time alters the timeline he travels - before he goes back there were no Sentinels at the Regan inauguration but after he travels back - boom Sentinels. His actions cause the alternate universe, and in true movie fashion, the events that lead to an apocalyptic future are directly linked to Logan being sent back.

This is probably the best/most likely scenario. It seems like it would be a jumble otherwise.

This was just posted on the previous page :)

Crap the one time i find something interesting lol. I just hope they don't butcher the storyline too much, be nice if Clairemont finally got some attention for one of his better storylines. Anyone know if the Trask in this movie is related to the one who was in one of the previous movies?

I'm guessing not, in X3 we had defence secretary Trask played by Bill Duke, also in X1 there was Henry Peter Gyrich, now in the comics he worked with Trask but clearly wasn't doing so in the first film, he was simply Senator Kelly's aide and killed by 'fluffy' sabretooth

I watched the full panel of this from Comic con (sorry don't have link, at work). While it's cool to be able to see that many cast members at once, it really is a waste. With only an hour, most of them were lucky to get one sentence in. I can't seem to remember if Patrick Stewart even spoke at all, again, if he did it was only a sentence or two.

Ellen Page really looked like she didn't want to be there. Maybe due to the fact this story was originally all about Kitty--now given all to Logan? The Quicksilver guy either has no clue who his character is, or he was stoned...kinda looked like both. Hally Berry seems to think that unless Storm has a love interest, her character is pointless. As usual almost all questions from the audience were for Hugh Jackman..or either the questions were just stupid. Why go to all the trouble just to get up there and ask "can we have Deadpool?" They're just going to say "maybe" and move on....pointless.

I was excited for this movie a lot more before I saw the panel. It was my first time viewing one and I don't really ever want to see another one. The only one who looked like they gave a **** was Hugh Jackman. The Quicksilver guy is a ****ing idiot, Anna Paquin was just meh about the whole situation, the audience questions were the absolute worst except the one asking which mutant they would really like to play. They should really screen those questions or have the panel guy ask the questions from the fans. I was glad they had Bishop out there but you couldn't understand a single word he was saying (not his fault at all) so they barely let him speak.

Overall I think the full panel killed my excitement. You would think they would get actors and actresses who cared a little bit about the story enough to know what their character is all about. Quicksilver's response of 'Uhhh.. my character is..uh..really fast...and..stuff' set the tone for the entire next 45 minutes. Hally Berry straight up said she hasn't read the comics and doesn't know her character. What a waste. Hugh Jackman is an actual fan and reads into his character and enjoys developing his role.

Very disappointing, but then again most of Hollywood is.

I was excited for this movie a lot more before I saw the panel. It was my first time viewing one and I don't really ever want to see another one. The only one who looked like they gave a **** was Hugh Jackman. The Quicksilver guy is a ****ing idiot, Anna Paquin was just meh about the whole situation, the audience questions were the absolute worst except the one asking which mutant they would really like to play. They should really screen those questions or have the panel guy ask the questions from the fans. I was glad they had Bishop out there but you couldn't understand a single word he was saying (not his fault at all) so they barely let him speak.

Overall I think the full panel killed my excitement. You would think they would get actors and actresses who cared a little bit about the story enough to know what their character is all about. Quicksilver's response of 'Uhhh.. my character is..uh..really fast...and..stuff' set the tone for the entire next 45 minutes. Hally Berry straight up said she hasn't read the comics and doesn't know her character. What a waste. Hugh Jackman is an actual fan and reads into his character and enjoys developing his role.

Very disappointing, but then again most of Hollywood is.

Singer has something against the comics, I mean they weren't even allowed to read them on set in the first movie. I hope "Quicksilver" dies because it's clear that the actor has no clue what he's going to be playing. As for Paquin, idk what they were thinking when they hired her for Rogue, she's ugly as **** and plays the same role in everything she does. The only great thing coming out of this is Hugh, Ian, Patrick, and the young Mags and Xavier. On the sentinel, I hope they have more bigger scarier models...This one looks like it came from X-Men Evolution

That was the biggest dissapointment for me when i heard they were bringing back the old cast. Loved sir Ian Mckellen, Jackman and Patrick. Never liked the others, especially berry and paquin.

As for the sentinels, will have to see them in action but now they dont seem that frightening or a threat when compared to mutants :)

Note that this is the sentinel from the 70s, people. Singer says there will be multiple models of them in the movie. I don't know about you, but I want to see this come to reality.

Last edited by a moderator:
This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back