X-Men: Days of Future Past

I wonder if she'll get her 3-voices-at-once voice like they did in the first three movies. And I'm curious about when she and Azazel have Nightcrawler. First she's really close with Charles, then Beast, Magneto & later wants Logan, Mystique is very friendly =D

Evan Peters to Play Quicksilver in X-MEN: DAYS OF FUTURE PAST | Collider
I wonder if they will be going with a different actor to play Quicksilver in Avengers 2.

Quicksilver Overload: Pietro Maximoff Confirmed For X-MEN: DAYS OF FUTURE PAST | Badass Digest
"While Fox holds the rights to Marvel's mutant characters, Quicksilver and the Scarlet Witch are unique in that their rights belong to both the X-Men package and the Avengers package, which means technically Fox and Disney could both use them."

How Quicksilver And The Scarlet Witch Could Heal The Fox/Marvel Rift | Badass Digest
Here is a nice article about it from May 2012.

Last edited:
Dick move by Fox and Singer in throwing in Quicksilver, clearly last minute after Whedon all but officially confirmed him in A2. I'm a little annoyed but all in all, when the audience compares the X-Men Quicksilver to the MCU Quicksilver, it's going to be an embarrassment for Fox. I also don't think the DOFP Quicksilver is going to get much screen time, and if they'll even call him by name, so not sure it's really going to put a dent in Whedon/Marvel's plans.

As for how rival studios can both use the same character, Marvel Studios can use him and Scarlet Witch so long they don't refer to their mutant lineage. It's certainly going to be a bit confusing to the general audience but if my theory is correct and Quicksilver is going to be a bit character in DOFP, it's not going to matter much except to the hardcore fans.

Btw Quicksilver already had a quick cameo in the (terrible) Wolverine solo, and the Fox continuity when it comes to mutant appearances is effed beyond belief already, so I think the general audience really won't care.

I hope it doesn't cause too much confusion. Some people are still asking: "how come Wolverine wasn't in The Avengers?" And some replies are: "The Avengers asked him in the other movie but he told them to F off." And then I just leave it at that, its too much to explain the whole movie rights thing haha

I have the feeling that this is either going to be an AMAZING AMAZING story, or it'll suck worse than X3. My money is starting to lean to X3

Do you think that Fox did this purposely? If so, total D-bag move. But I think you're right, adding QS so late in the game he obviously wont have much of a part in DOFP. But in A2 sounds like he will be part of the main cast.

I have the feeling that this is either going to be an AMAZING AMAZING story, or it'll suck worse than X3. My money is starting to lean to X3

I'm starting to agree with you. It seems Singer is now just throwing in characters for the sake of having them in there. With all these mutants,I don't see how they can keep an interesting story not unless theres a bunch of 2 minute cameos.

"Before he was an #Avenger, he was just a REALLY fast kid. Thrilled to say #EvanPeters is joining #XMen #DaysOfFuturePast as #Quicksilver."

It's interesting that Singer deleted his above original tweet and then posted the following sometime later. I guess he realized he would appear to be rubbing Whedon and Marvel the wrong way especially in the eyes of the fans or maybe Fox legal guys advised him to do so.

"Thrilled to say #EvanPeters is joining #XMen #DaysOfFuturePast as #Quicksilver."

There's a couple more articles posted about this now at CBM. I don't know if there's anything definitive in the studio contracts that doesn't allow both studios to use a 'gray area' character like QS, and whether Fox has any exclusive rights to QS if they're first to show him. Knowing that Marvel is a hawk about its IP contracts and Disney's legal team ain't small fry either, they've got to know what their options are at this point. So unless we hear anything about Whedon changing his script to remove QS and SW, I would presume that Fox's legal ground to sue Marvel Studios would be shaky at best and both studios will feature the character.

Clearly Fox has burned what little currency it had left with Marvel with this move. Strongarm negotiations with FF and DD over the last 12 months was one thing, but trying to get a piece of the profits off a potential $1.5B franchise sequel? That's gotta be the last straw. It's a damn shame Fox's contract for X-Men and FF is in perpetuity, I'm sure Marvel would like to end that relationship immediately.

Personally I would like to be seeing photos of Michael Fassbender and James McAvoy on set, I can't help but feel they are having the focus taken away from their brilliant performances in First Class by the addition of every member of the X-Men past, present and future, I'm sure next it'll be 'were pleased to announce that Pyro will be in Days Of Future Past, playing with his lighter - horray

Yea. Pretty much. I could see it working if they did a "Concentration Camp" break scene or something showing all these little cameos of a fight or something I just can't see a good way for this to work out.

I doubt that Singer did anything wrong here. While he just announced it, the script has been written for a while. The movie is in full production. Whedon only announced this last month. Since they're two different studios, it's unlikely that Singer knew anything about it when the character was included. Further more, casting and finalizing a contract with the actor probably took months. More than likely, it was just something they wanted to include in Magneto's character. Having children is part of his back story in the comics that was never presented in the previous films. If anything, he's given Disney a head start to start damage control. Their movie is a year behind his.

As for not seeing pictures of the X-Men: First Class cast- I disagree. We've already seen a few. We're only getting snippets here and there. We don't even know where they are in filming yet. But there's been no real big reveal. I'm thinking seeing a bald James McAvoy or a Magneto in what will undoubtedly be a new costume (the reviews of the First Class costume were not exactly stellar) would be a big reveal. Give it time. There's still a year to go before release. You don't show all your cards this early in the game.

While i do look forward too this i cant help but get annoyed over the fact that certain characters and the actors playing them are coming back like rogue (anna paquin prob the worst one), Kitty , etc. Less of the older cast more of the new cast. Especially Mcavoy/fassbender.

While i do look forward too this i cant help but get annoyed over the fact that certain characters and the actors playing them are coming back like rogue (anna paquin prob the worst one), Kitty , etc. Less of the older cast more of the new cast. Especially Mcavoy/fassbender.
Doesn't the original comic have all these character in it?

This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back