Nu Battlestar Galactica Viper Helmet Build (3D Print)

Bftiedt

Hey guys this is a project I have been wanting to do for a while and am finally getting to do it. I will be building a replica Viper helmet from the New BSG. I have only seen a handfull of the helmets as replicas and ofor the price I can build it myself better I believe so I'm giving it's shot.

The helmet is being 3D modeled by theP13RC3 here on the RPF.
After is has been modeled it will be sent off to be 3D printed. Once it's printed I will casts it, clean up that cast and recast it. By doing so I should come out with a flawless helmet (hopefully). I will then vaccum form the visor and add my own lights to the helmet to try and make it as screen accurate as I can.

Here is the helmet I will be doing.

265041a0.jpg

Here is the start of the 3d model by theP13RC3

1c1efd2c.jpg

17db7baa.jpg

Hope everyone enjoys the build!

Hey guys just got an update on the helmet. Here is the new progress . I think it's coming along nicely . What do you guys think?

4041232f.jpg

Looks expensive. You're planning on printing this?

I like the work. It looks like it's going to be a nice model.

Awesome work! Will you be producing them for sale? If so, would your price point be below $625, which is what someone on The Colonial Fleet forum was selling them for. I believe he used a different version, and had access to a screen used helmet, at least for reference.

If you could keep the price down, some of us would even be willing to get them in a kit form. I can solder LEDs, glue plastic, etc...

Great project!!

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back