TIP OF THE HAT TO - MR

fettpride

It's been sometime since I received 2 MR ROTS Vader Helmets. Both were VERY imperfect. Both were victim to the known scuffs and damages that were the topic of discussion early this year.

After numerous public postings by myself, and multiple e-mails and phone calls to MR, I received no satisfaction, not even "boo". Needless to say I was pretty upset about it. I even e-mailed the given address given to us publicly for replacements without response. So I dumped one of the two on E-Bay. the other, I cut up in 6 pieces to make a reveal helmet. I figured, "Whatever".

From out of the clear blue today, I received a package from Master Replica's. To my astonishment, it was
a brand new MR ROTS Vader Helmet ? I should also point out, that both of my previous helmets were purchased from 3rd party vendors.

It is obvious that this "IS" one of the MR replacement helmets that were promised. It's packed better, and virtually flawless. Even the domeÂ’s fleece bag is no longer embroidered. The only downside is that there is no longer a cert of authenticity, or numbered plaque. But this is understandable, as they are "replacements". It's possible that one would be expected to keep their previous cert and plaque.

I want to publicly thank the powers that be at MR for this gesture. It's clear to me now, that they were listening to us. I understand how difficult it's been for them to straighten this mess out. So, with this "thank you", I also extend an apology as well. I'm sure that there will be other's receiving replacements soon as well, as my carton is labeled # 138.

Again, thanks MR. It's very refreshing.

FP

Did they ask you to send back the original that you turned in to a reveal or did they just send you a replacement as well?

Sounds like they are still screwed up.
You bought 2 , sold 1 ,'destroyed' the other, and got a free new helmet.

:lol

Pics? Awe c'mon, it's still the same helmet :lol But I can post a few. There is another difference as well. The straps are now riveted to the facemask. The rivets are actually visible on the outside of the facemask. But it still looks nice.

As far as MR asking for the other helmet back ... absolutely not. That's why I thought it was a decent gesture. Fact is, in all of my communications with them, never once did anyone ever say that I'd be given a replacement, the RMA email addy that I sent to twice, I never even received a response. I seriously don't even remember giving them an address to send anything to :lol So it was completely unexpected.

So even if they are still a little screwed up. they're making an effort. Contrary to popular belief, I really don't like to bitch about things. I hated doing it where MR was concerned. I had high hopes for them as many of you did. When the whole ROTS Vader thing went sour, starting with promised ship dates and delays, followed by damages and missing plaques and the like, I started getting a real bad taste in my mouth. As I'm sure a lot of you did as well. It was absolutely disappointing. But taking into consideration that they outsourced the manufacturing to China, there were bound to be issues with something like this in a mass production scenario. Initially it felt that MR didn't really give a damn. But if you really think about it, they were stuck between a rock and a hard place. Ultimately, it wasn't there fault. Quality control in the manufacturing process is where this whole project took a nose dive. Granted some might say (including myself) that this is what you get when you outsource to another country. And where this may be true, it's still a process. One that takes time to streamline. I think MR's biggest problem was jumping the gun with ETA's. They could have spent a little more time overseeing the project before making those promises. But it was the first time for MR with introducing a helmet line. They couldn't foresee every pitfall.

It was uber easy to get pissed at them, and cry "foul" in the beginning. It's human nature. But it looks like they're making an honest attempt at fixing this whole mess. Even if it's not just for customer service, at the very least, they're trying to repair their standing as a licensee. Either way, it's all good. DonÂ’t get me wrong though, I'm not "turning the other cheek" over an $800 helmet. Just giving props where I feel it's due.

FP

<div class='quotetop'>(Darth Kahnt @ Nov 7 2006, 02:49 PM) [snapback]1352803[/snapback]</div>
This is nice to hear, may be the customer service at MR is taking a turn for the better.
[/b]

no its always been that way, you just cant talk to there outsourced call center and expect results.

i had bought a faulty product WAAAAAAAAAAAAAY before ANY helmets EVER saw the light of day, talked to a REAL MR customer service person, and got a REPLACEMENT and they let me keep the faulty one, once again WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY befoer ANY vader or clone buckets EVER shipped. :thumbsup

which is why i always come to there defense.

imagine if you and a couple of RPF buddies with lots of prop talent started a big company, that got bigger and BIGGER and you were ready for your first big run of $800 FG helmets.... and they started comming back, then you visited a forum like this and you noticed that hundreds of people were getting there torches and pitch forks ready...

everyone has said they woulda done this and they shoulda done that...

thing is with that kind of money... it aint that easy...

wonder why they mergered with a big money old school company based in china??? :angel

oh i wonder.

they are a GREAT company, that has seen some mishaps... do you think they WANTED that to happen? no they didnt, and theyve taken quite a hit over all this.

i say once again to the biggest best SW+more liscensed prop replica company... CHEERS. :cheers :thumbsup :thumbsup B)

bring on the trooper buckets. :D

<div class='quotetop'>(oldken @ Nov 7 2006, 03:42 PM) [snapback]1352850[/snapback]</div>
<div class='quotetop'>(Darth Kahnt @ Nov 7 2006, 02:49 PM) [snapback]1352803[/snapback]
This is nice to hear, may be the customer service at MR is taking a turn for the better.
[/b]

no its always been that way, you just cant talk to there outsourced call center and expect results.

i had bought a faulty product WAAAAAAAAAAAAAY before ANY helmets EVER saw the light of day, talked to a REAL MR customer service person, and got a REPLACEMENT and they let me keep the faulty one, once again WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY befoer ANY vader or clone buckets EVER shipped. :thumbsup

which is why i always come to there defense.

imagine if you and a couple of RPF buddies with lots of prop talent started a big company, that got bigger and BIGGER and you were ready for your first big run of $800 FG helmets.... and they started comming back, then you visited a forum like this and you noticed that hundreds of people were getting there torches and pitch forks ready...

everyone has said they woulda done this and they shoulda done that...

thing is with that kind of money... it aint that easy...

wonder why they mergered with a big money old school company based in china??? :angel

oh i wonder.

they are a GREAT company, that has seen some mishaps... do you think they WANTED that to happen? no they didnt, and theyve taken quite a hit over all this.

i say once again to the biggest best SW+more liscensed prop replica company... CHEERS. :cheers :thumbsup :thumbsup B)

bring on the trooper buckets. :D
[/b][/quote]

Good Post Oldken...
I agree with all of the above and believe whole heartedly that once the flood gates open....watch out...:)
Happy to hear about the helmet FP...

David

I purchased a helmet a year ago off of ebay and still have not gotten it. The seller will not email me or anything. I did get in touch with Jerry from MR customer service and provided proof that i paid for it from an auth. dealer so im hoping there is somthing they can do. Keep your fingers crossed.

Scott

This thread is more than 17 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back