TDK/R batsuit cage/armory display 1:1 [cage construction stand-by/making gadgets]

I have not any update for now but I just finished my finals so I can finally continue building it. I also will soon have access to a 3D printer for free, so I'll be able to print all the gadgets I need.

Looking forward to seeing more, this is the kind of dream display I would love to have (if I had the room for it). Love how they handled storing all of his equipment in these films!

back from London, brought a few goodies with me !
photo1lsf.jpg

those are a noble grapple gun and a noble batarang I got at Hamley's
photo3rj.jpg

The grapple is really nice looking, way better than the resin kit I am currently modding, so the resin prop will be for the cage and this one, when not displayed in his little box, used for costuming. Also have a kapow holster on its way. It does have flaws however, but most of you already know that I guess, still, it's great looking. Plus it gave me a story to tell, the customs personnel in London for the eurostar train are probably convinced I'm either a nutcase or Batman :D
photo4tj.jpg

No comment on the batarang, it's just gorgeous.
The bat suit should be there next week, I'll have to hurry up the cage construction, but so far it's going along the plan.

Looking forward to seeing the jumps forward on your project, I have seen those in a shop over here called Forbidden Planet but didnt get a close enough look at the Batarang, it made of metal?

Where you getting your suit from? If you dont mind me asking.

Yes, the batarang is made of metal, as well as the grapple.
Suit is from GCFX (Gotham City FX), but you can also find equally nice or even better suits at Hellskitchen from Kris. Didn't want the UD leather suit, it's nice too but leather is not movie accurate.

Last edited:
Well, now I have something to fill the cage, take a look :
photo7my.jpg

It is a GCFX, I know, but I ordered it before the iron man statue scandal, before they were banned. All the infos I could find then were relatively happy customers, both here and in the BOTB. Just saying in case somebody feels the need to accuse me of supporting recaster on purpose. I don't. But now I have it, and I'm keeping it.
I like how it looks inside my elevator, kinda like a volt, but I can't keep the elevator for myself unfortunately :D
Will have suited up pictures next week, in the mean time, I keep working on the cage. Stay put !

edit : few more pics
255420_4564182139954_1022848609_n.jpg

425974_4564181259932_1232220605_n.jpg

Last edited:
Well, I've been tweaking the suit during the whole weekend, so there are your extra pics :
photo212v.jpg

photo35xq.jpg

photo112q.jpg

photo42s.jpg

Basically I have :
- fixed the odd gaps next to the belt buckle (last pic in #56 if you don't see want I mean) and repainted the belt and accessories (weird spots are glue, where pockets and tube used to be. Wasn't able to remove them, so I'll just re-glue the pockets at the same place)
-switched the clip fasteners at the back of the belt for velcro
-removed the laces on the cape and replaced them with snap buttons for easy mounting and more accurate look.
-removed olympia logo on the gloves
-added velcro between the neck and the torso, to make sure it fits nicely
-added velcro in the elbow flap, to make sure it stays on the elbow
-painted the holster for the grapnel (thanks Kapow for the holster !)
-casted the tiny silver bits that normally go on the belt (currently curing)
What I still want to do :
-Cutting the "V" at the back of the cape (currently it's round)
-adding knuckles on the gloves
-making a mesh hood
-making a batarang holder for the belt
-replacing the painted carbon parts by actual carbon parts
-surely more think I haven't think about yet :D

Ok, got the chance to wear my batsuit last saturday, now time to get back on the cage construction ! I did make the little under-water breathing apparatus between two things today, as well as finished the display grapnel n°1, two more to do.
539341_4619254956740_1212512791_n.jpg

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back