Where can I find a good Walking Dead Colt Python replica?

delta88

Other than buying a real Python, where can I find a good replica? It can be blank firing, airsoft, etc. Many thanks.

I've been looking and keeping an eye out. There problem is there isn't one good replica out there, but actually you would need to get two and swap some parts on them. Both are usually available on eBay.

You essentially need the grips from: UHC Python .357, 6" Spring Revolver, Silver - BTUA934SW | eBay

But the body from: UHC Python .357, 6" Spring Revolver, Silver - BTUA938S | eBay

I just don't have the funds right now to try an experimental swap. :(i

Another option is to just purchase the 2nd gun listed and spraypiant the grips brown. This is what I am planning on doing & once im finished I could get some pictures posted if you'd like

Another option is to just purchase the 2nd gun listed and spraypiant the grips brown. This is what I am planning on doing & once im finished I could get some pictures posted if you'd like

Judging by the picture the second airsoft has rubber grips! Painting them may not be possible!
Also the first airsoft is in fact not a replica of a "Python", no matter what the title says!
It is a Smith & Wesson model 29-something (can't remember right now). It is modeled after the newer gun with a full under barrel.
You can tell this by looking at the targeting sight on the front end of the barrel, ramp with the orange piece. And the shape above the trigger guard, no hump in the top/middle like a Colt would have.
To be honest I don't think the grips off that gun would fit the Python replica!

Last edited:
or if there was enough interest we could get a real Colt Python with the correct grips cast up and done in rubber. But in reality, the airsoft versions are the best bang for the buck.

Did a little checking because I have seen these airsoft guns on the Evike.com site.
They have this version with the correct handgrips for a Colt Python...
"UHC Airsoft Revolver - 2.5" Snub Nose Barrel" price $30.00
They also have the gun itself from the same company so the grips should be interchangeable...
"UHC UA938 6" Full size Revolver Airsoft Pistol - Silver" $24.99
So for about $55 plus shipping you could have a very close replica that you could also shoot!!!

Also going back to the first two pics, another way to spot the Python is it has ribbing on top of the barrel and the cylinder release is a pull type. The S&W has no barrel ribbing and the cylinder release is a push type with a thumb pad.

Damn, I've wanted a snubnose revolver for a while. Hard to find here. I might take a chance and have one shipped over.

Did a little checking because I have seen these airsoft guns on the Evike.com site.
They have this version with the correct handgrips for a Colt Python...
"UHC Airsoft Revolver - 2.5" Snub Nose Barrel" price $30.00
They also have the gun itself from the same company so the grips should be interchangeable...
"UHC UA938 6" Full size Revolver Airsoft Pistol - Silver" $24.99
So for about $55 plus shipping you could have a very close replica that you could also shoot!!!

Also going back to the first two pics, another way to spot the Python is it has ribbing on top of the barrel and the cylinder release is a pull type. The S&W has no barrel ribbing and the cylinder release is a push type with a thumb pad.

Pretty sure I was right the first time. The grips in the show are brown, not that cherry red.

I'm sure they are but it's the shape I was trying to show! Unless the prop in the show has swapped out grips these are the type/shape Colt put on the original Pythons.

I'd check with airsoft boneyard websites like Airsplat.com or even eBay for used or broken pistols. I never buy new for a gun related prop especially if I don't need it to fire.

Damn, I've wanted a snubnose revolver for a while. Hard to find here. I might take a chance and have one shipped over.

I see you are Canadian also so I thought I would share this with you.
Several months ago I found a site that I thought was located in Canada so I ordered the long barreled Colt look alike pictured above and a P-08 GBB Luger. The revolver was about $90 (after seeing the Evike site I see I was getting burned on this one) and the Luger about $200 so with shipping it cost me over $300.
So On May 1, 2012 I payed and shortly after I got a shipping notice with a projected May 13, 2012 delivery. A few weeks later I discovered the site was actually in the USA.
I hoped and prayed they would make it through Customs but around May 18, 2012 I received a "Notice of Detention" from the Canadian Border Services Agency (Customs) telling me that on May 12, 2012 the two airsoft pistols had been seized.
As of today, Oct. 1, 2012, I am still waiting for a final decision to be made and if it goes against me I have a couple options! Abandon them and they will be destroyed. Or have them shipped back to the seller, at my expense. I have talked to the seller and they will refund the price of the guns only! So I may get some of my money back.
So be careful if you decide to proceed or better yet find a seller who can bring airsoft into Canada legally. Will cost a little more but safer in the long run!

Thanks Petseal, I've assumed this is to be the case from now on. Any purchase would be a gamble and if it did make it through customs it would probably be due to fluke oversight or negligence on the part of customs.

The price of the snubnose revolver makes me want to take a chance though..

Thanks again,
Andrew

I took a chance and purchased a 2.5" snub nose revolver from Evike.com. If it's seized by customs...Oh well, not a huge amount of money lost.

I also ordered a mock silencer for my CZ 75 P-07, hopefully, at least that will make it through.

So, my step-dad is quite a gun collector, and he has several Colt Pythons. Does anyone have any exact information on the screen used one? Someone mentioned casting parts off of a real Python; is that legal? With all of the recent buzz about 3D printed gun parts I'd be concerned about getting in legal trouble by molding and casting from a real gun. (Not trying to get hopes up, I have no idea if he'd even be okay with molding from one of his guns. I'm sure he'd be afraid of any damage.)

Who would really know where it came from?
If I had the means to make a mold from an original or have a copy made from a 3d printer...I'd go for it, at least just to see how it turns out.

In terms of damage, I'm sure with careful planning it can be avoided.

Trust me, if it were my own gun, I'd be ordering some molding materials right now, haha.

I mean do we just need the correct grips cast? Or the entire thing?

How are the Airsoft guns compared to the real deal in size?

Not trying to hi-jack!

Kenny

It honestly depends on the manufactorer. If you are referring to te revolvers featured in this post then I will say they are accurate to size. I had bought the silver one with black grips and it was pretty much the same size as my S&W Model 66 no dash .357.

Heres one with the correct writing on the barrel. Wrong grip though.

Buy Tokyo Marui Python 357 6 inch (Stainless Silver)-Tokyo Marui & other Airsoft gun accessories at redwolfairsoft.com

TM-PYTH357-6SV-L.jpg

or this one:

EKOL VIPER, .380, BLANK GUN, 6" - EMF Company

BGCVIPER_6_Cat15LG.JPG

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back