Fierfek's Iron Man 3 Mark VIII Pepakura Files

Re: Fierfek's Iron Man Mark VIII Pepakura File

I got some work on this done this weekend. The inside is now re-enforced with polyurethane, and I've also smoothed the sharp Pep edges. There's more pictures on my blog, links in my sig.

You're making steady progress. Does polyurethane offer as much strength in hardening as polyester or fiberglass resins?

You're making steady progress. Does polyurethane offer as much strength in hardening as polyester or fiberglass resins?

I'd say it's comparable, but not quite as strong as fiberglass. Although it is more impact resistant, it's not brittle like polyester resin used in fiberglassing.

Stronger.

I'd say it's comparable, but not quite as strong as fiberglass. Although it is more impact resistant, it's not brittle like polyester resin used in fiberglassing.

Okay, I thought as much from my research. I've been exploring the plausible viability of alternative materials for some new projects I'm planning.

Thanks guys.

Hi,one question,where do i have to go to download the pep file of the helmet?

Again as I mentioned earlier the file is now available, but will not be released for free. For more details check out my premium thread in the Junk Yard or send me a PM.

Sure, please do share some pictures. I really enjoy seeing these being built and am sure others will as well.

Ok, my girfriend is cutting it for me, :) so i have to wait for her call, but as soon as i start ill share, thanks again

I was "studying" the pictures taken at Comic Con and I think the ears would do really well with vacuum formed plastic. Just make a form and then use a vacuum former and bobs your uncle.
I'm not going to look at doing the ears until I have at least the sides of the helmet done.

I was "studying" the pictures taken at Comic Con and I think the ears would do really well with vacuum formed plastic. Just make a form and then use a vacuum former and bobs your uncle.
I'm not going to look at doing the ears until I have at least the sides of the helmet done.

Yes, that would be a promising method if you have access to a vacuum form setup. There are many ways of going about it.

Has there been a vac-formed iron man kit yet? I don't think I've ever seen one in ABS.

is this just the helmet so far? no chest, arms etc?

That is correct. What you see is what you get. Perhaps I'll do the armor later when more reference material is available. There's not much to use now and I like to guarantee higher quality work.

Here's a quick update. I gave it a coat of paint to show off the detail. There's more pics on my blog, links in my sig.

2012_%25209_%25205_22_38.jpg

I've had a cold for the past 5 days, so I haven't been able to work on this. Doubt I'd last long with my face in a respirator with a running nose ;)
I'm still getting over it so I won't have an update until the tail half of this week I reckon.

I've had a cold for the past 5 days, so I haven't been able to work on this. Doubt I'd last long with my face in a respirator with a running nose ;)
I'm still getting over it so I won't have an update until the tail half of this week I reckon.
Sorry to hear that, I really hate getting those cold strains. Hope you get well soon so you can get back to your awesome build.

This thread is more than 10 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back