Fierfek's Iron Man 3 Mark VIII Pepakura Files

Re: Fierfek's Iron Man Mark VIII Pepakura File

I think the helmet as scaled is workable. I took a pen to those lines so you can see them better due to my lack of a good camera. Some warping has happened, but its definitely not out of the ordinary at this stage of the pep.

Ive already applied resin. (not showed in pics) Hopefully will FG today

96958840.jpg

c99c8266.jpg

I think the helmet as scaled is workable. I took a pen to those lines so you can see them better due to my lack of a good camera. Some warping has happened, but its definitely not out of the ordinary at this stage of the pep.

Ive already applied resin. (not showed in pics) Hopefully will FG today

96958840.jpg

c99c8266.jpg

You're off to a good start. Thanks for sharing the pics and I hope to see more progress.

I've scaled mine up an extra 2cm in width. I'm done with the cutting and will start the assembly tonight. I'll take some pics when done.

has anyone ever used joint filler over bondo? I just dont want to shell out the money for joint filler right now, and I plan to make casts of it anyways.

You mean the stuff you use around the home, filling cracks, coving etc?
I can't say I've ever used it, I suspect it'll just about do the job. It'll be a lot weaker, very brittle and easy to scratch.
They're more or less about the same price aren't they?

I could use it in my tiny apartment without death from the fumes, and the hardware store has a bunch of it for 2 bucks ahahahh.

Think it could stand up for a mold?

Here's my progress. The increased size is looking good. I'm working top down this time round.
I've left the middle of the back split open so its easier to slip on to test the fit.

has anyone ever used joint filler over bondo? I just dont want to shell out the money for joint filler right now, and I plan to make casts of it anyways.

I could use it in my tiny apartment without death from the fumes, and the hardware store has a bunch of it for 2 bucks ahahahh.

Think it could stand up for a mold?
I've seen many people here use joint compound, though I'm not sure that it's better than automotive filler. As long as your pep is properly fiberglassed before filling with joint filler, there shouldn't be any problems with molding.

Here's my progress. The increased size is looking good. I'm working top down this time round.
I've left the middle of the back split open so its easier to slip on to test the fit.
Excellent work so far, I like how you have numbered your parts and have reference images handy. Keep up the good work.

Excellent work so far, I like how you have numbered your parts and have reference images handy. Keep up the good work.

Numbering the parts was quite the necessity since I cut all the pieces out first.

Got the Pep more or less complete last night. Size looks pretty close to my other helmet. It's slightly wider at the moment, but I'll put in some supports inside to keep it narrower.
The jaw is a bit iffy as well, I might take a look at adding more supports there and enclosing it all so I can slush cast some polyurethane on the inside.

Yep. Definitely need this pep file.
I'm glad you like it and it can be yours.
Got the Pep more or less complete last night. Size looks pretty close to my other helmet. It's slightly wider at the moment, but I'll put in some supports inside to keep it narrower.
The jaw is a bit iffy as well, I might take a look at adding more supports there and enclosing it all so I can slush cast some polyurethane on the inside.
Great work and the scale looks fine. I would imagine that it would be more comfortable to wear with slightly wider proportions. I assure you though that the proportions are very close to accurate.

Have you assembled the ears yet to get an idea how they will look attached?

Wow just what ive benn looking for, great job, cant wait to see it finished, did you released your file already? I think this is the best mark 8 pep so far

Wow just what ive benn looking for, great job, cant wait to see it finished, did you released your file already? I think this is the best mark 8 pep so far
Thanks, I'm glad you like it. As I mentioned earlier the file is now available, but will not be released for free. For more details check out my premium thread in the Junk Yard or send me a PM.

Hey dude:
I'm interested on acquire the iron man 3 helmet pdo . So, could you please tell me how can I pay you? or what I need to do, to get your file?

I don´t have account on paypal, is necesary to pay you in this way?
thanks for your atencion and i hope don´t bring you problems to explain me.

I am new in this, again thanks!!!!

Hey dude:
I'm interested on acquire the iron man 3 helmet pdo . So, could you please tell me how can I pay you? or what I need to do, to get your file?

I don´t have account on paypal, is necesary to pay you in this way?
thanks for your atencion and i hope don´t bring you problems to explain me.

I am new in this, again thanks!!!!

PM sent.

I started to slush cast the inside on Saturday, but found I had very little polyurethane so couldn't do much with it. I've order a 5kg supply so I'll continue this over the bank holiday weekend.

I havn't assmebled the ears yet either, I plan on using some Sintra/PVC sheeting to create them so they'll keep nice and straight.

I started to slush cast the inside on Saturday, but found I had very little polyurethane so couldn't do much with it. I've order a 5kg supply so I'll continue this over the bank holiday weekend.

I havn't assmebled the ears yet either, I plan on using some Sintra/PVC sheeting to create them so they'll keep nice and straight.
Cool, keep up the awesome work and I look forward to seeing the finished product.

I got some work on this done this weekend. The inside is now re-enforced with polyurethane, and I've also smoothed the sharp Pep edges. There's more pictures on my blog, links in my sig.

This thread is more than 10 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back