Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.

Yep still enjoying the show. Now that Hydra has been established as a long term enemy the series will be able to meld in the threat of the week storyline to an arc for Hydra (I assume). There's probably a lot of subtext from the comics that I'm missing (I was an X-men reader but never migrated into other Marvel comics), so people like Creel or Daniel Whitehall are relatively unknown to me. But even without that extra layer, I'm enjoying the show.

Great episode - and I'm glad the General wasn't actually Hydra. That would have bummed me out greatly.

I was wondering: since the fake agent may took an electric shock right to the digital mask, it'd be interesting if it couldn't be removed.
Me too. I was hoping he was being forced to do that or he was being tricked into helping them.

I realize the "comic book world suspension of disbelief" thing, but the method of making the mask was ludicrous. Blood analysis determining what a person's face any any particular age would look like, without any regard to life experience/environment. I'd have more readily believed it if they had a gadget that laser scanned the contours of her face.

10665140_830657590288050_2877926793450157994_n.jpg

Wow, that jump spin head slam..! Rewound and re-watched that part a few times.. It was fun to pause right before she jumped the table, say out loud "Finish him!" and press play, lol

Me too. I was hoping he was being forced to do that or he was being tricked into helping them.

I never really gave it a second thought since I was fairly certain that it really wasn't him from the beginning, it just seemed too out of character for him and not to mention that this little trick has been done countless times on TV and in movies.

I realize the "comic book world suspension of disbelief" thing, but the method of making the mask was ludicrous. Blood analysis determining what a person's face any any particular age would look like, without any regard to life experience/environment. I'd have more readily believed it if they had a gadget that laser scanned the contours of her face.

I had no problem with that. My problem is that Hydra doesn't even have basic facial recognition. That would thwart the SHIELD team on this show more than anything.

That was indeed an awesome stunt. Minor dressing continuity error: there was a lamp or vase or something on that table in the preceding shots. ;) Makes sense to remove it for both performing and seeing the stunt; they probably decided to remove it after having already shot some of the scene.

I agree that this season is starting out great. Much better than the season openers last year. This was a great episode. Really enjoying the show this year.

Laters,
Jeff

I think that the reason for that, as pointed out here I believe, was that the show had to tread water in the beginning until Winter Soldier came out and it wasn't until then could they really get into what was the main arc of the show. If AoS had come out later or Winter Soldier earlier we might have had a different 1st season, luckily they did a pretty good job at treading water and kept things interesting enough until Winter Soldier came out and they could finally get in to the main plot of the show.

Good episode last night. I was almost expecting Simmons' rescuer to be Black Widow in disguise, as their fighting techniques were pretty similar. But Adrienne Palicki is almost a foot taller than Scarlet Johannsen, so that'd be a bit much to explain.

The scene between Coulson and Raina was great. They both played it quite well.

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back