Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.

They were too closely bound to the movie timeline. Can you imagine what the first season would have been like, had they started after the holidays, and had the Winter Soldier tie-in as mid-season, rather than near the end?
And it had that monster of the week thing going, which didn't help. By the end, they had a bigger story that progressed the story that did help a lot. Its like the changed the writer or something.

And it had that monster of the week thing going, which didn't help. By the end, they had a bigger story that progressed the story that did help a lot. Its like the changed the writer or something.

And that's the entire problem. They couldn't do anything until Winter Soldier came out, so they had to put filler in.

I'm glad this is back on from its second break. I like how this show has shaped up compared to the first season. It was mostly just filler episodes. Funny that with Walking Dead, the first few seasons had good story. I was always saying that Agents of Shield needed to learn from Walking Dead. Now WD has mostly fuller episodes and needs to learn from Shield.

I really like how Jemma looked like a dead person. They've done the whole trapped in a sim thing on lots of shows/movies, but I don't remember anyone ever going in, being dead, and climbing out of a grave. :lol

I really like how Jemma looked like a dead person. They've done the whole trapped in a sim thing on lots of shows/movies, but I don't remember anyone ever going in, being dead, and climbing out of a grave. :lol
Yeah, that was surprising, along with all of the other differences in the virtual world. I really like how they keep on finding ways of bringing Ward back. We find out he's really Hydra, they create a storyline where he's one of the big bads. He dies, bring him back but possessed by some evil alien. Kill him again, bring him back in the virtual world. What's going to happen next, download virtual Ward into an LMD in the real world?

Yeah, that was surprising, along with all of the other differences in the virtual world. I really like how they keep on finding ways of bringing Ward back. We find out he's really Hydra, they create a storyline where he's one of the big bads. He dies, bring him back but possessed by some evil alien. Kill him again, bring him back in the virtual world. What's going to happen next, download virtual Ward into an LMD in the real world?

Geez, I don't. I want him gone, forever. Ward has forever worn out his welcome with me.

I'm liking him in this arc (since him being a double-agent for the good guys mirrors his original role nicely), but they'd better not keep him around after this.

What is going on with the "Framework"?

Is the flashpoint event, when May did or did not kill the Inhuman Girl?

Is it like an alternate time line or a mixture of alternate timeline mixed with what Aida thinks will make the subjects more accepting?

Jemma is dead because Aida "loves" Fitz.

Coulson is a teacher, but was in shield prior the flashpoint.

Do the Avengers exist?

I am interested to see where this goes.

I haven't seen last nights episode yet. But its funny, at the end of last season, I was like, well, they finally killed off the ward character, guess that actor can't come back expect for maybe a flashback. They proved me wrong. Of course, didn't expect a Matrix like thing to happen. If they put him in a LMD....oh man, it just gets ridiculous. haha
So other than that way, how could they keep him for the next season?

This is really a me problem, but this current story arc encompasses TWO of the biggest tropes that, at best disinterest me, or worse, outright annoy me. 1) "the enemy duplicates people and any of us could be one" and 2) virtual worlds. When something is a dream, then nothing that happens in it matters, so why should I care? (so no, I do not like The Matrix, or Inception)

And it's also a me thing, but I was done with Ward after the first season or so. Enough.

Last edited:
What is going on with the "Framework"?

Is the flashpoint event, when May did or did not kill the Inhuman Girl?

Yes. She saved the girl here instead of realizing that she was the danger. The girl was brought to the US and enrolled in a school in Cambridge, MA. A similar event took place there and a lot of kids died, which set off the general public. HYDRA decided to come out of the shadows at that moment, using the incident as a stepping stone to power. In the process, a brief war was fought between HYDRA and SHIELD, with HYDRA emerging victorious. Jemma was at the Academy when it happened and was part of the students massacred and left in a mass grave.

Is it like an alternate time line or a mixture of alternate timeline mixed with what Aida thinks will make the subjects more accepting?

The Framework operates on the idea that the subject's greatest regret would be nullified, essentially changing their history based on that one difference. The Framework then collates that new data together and creates a reality based on it.

Jemma is dead because Aida "loves" Fitz.

Yes and no. Because of the change to his history, FrameworkFitz never went to the SHIELD Academy and never met her, otherwise he'd be dead along with her.

Coulson is a teacher, but was in shield prior the flashpoint.

Not necessarily. Remember the "collating data" I talked about earlier? Yeah, Coulson mentioned becoming a teacher if he had never joined SHIELD, so here, he never joined and became a teacher instead.

Do the Avengers exist?

As people? Probably. As a team? Not at all. Because HYDRA beat SHIELD long before the events of The Avengers, SHIELD never found Steve Rogers in the ice. Everyone else is off doing their own thing. Thor probably got killed by HYDRA while he was human, Tony likely got executed for sedition, Natasha and Clint are either dead or on the run, and Bruce is still staying away from society.

Shouldn't Alexander Pierce be the head of Hydra? The events of Winter Soldier never happened in the Framework...

Possible, but as we see, AIDA has inserted herself into the programming to be with Fitz and directly control the programming, so she took his place in the Framework, likely because he got killed (Coulson's school is named after him, and that is usually a posthumous honor).

Plus, Robert Redford ain't exactly cheap for a movie budget, let alone a TV one...

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back